Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Garau continued

I couldn't help myself. I made a second string of territories.

Chapter 4 - Garau continued

Chapter 4 - Garau continued
*Gararu (continued)*

Gararu was spectacular, I was looking down out of a hollow in a huge tree; at least three hundred feet up. Forever as far as you could see was an ocean of millions more enormous pine trees like the one I was in. The ground was littered with pine needles, patches of grass and wild brush were scattered here and there. Snaking their way through the roots and thickets were what looked like little lines of silver. The effect was breathtaking.
“Here we go!” Arrol said. I had forgotten he was there. When I looked he had worked through the thick bark, and a thick river of sap began to ooze out. “Could you come here?” He asked. I was sorry I did. With a strange and highly unpleasant process that I don’t plan on explaining he used the sticky goop to stick a mass of brown fur to my forearms (don’t ask me where he got it) and attached a hairy brown vine to the back of my shorts for a tail. I noticed the resin seeped through a slit in the back that I guessed was for a real one. Ewe. Finally, after putting a pair of leather moccasins on my feet he stepped back. “Okay, now we can go,” he said.
He walked over and stepped backwards over the edge of the hollow. I rushed over and looked down expecting to see a big splat at the bottom of the tree. Instead he was expertly climbing down the tree, hooking his dexterous hands and feet into deep cracks in the huge chunks of bark covering the tree. I started nervously down the face of the tree. My feet felt tentatively for holds, and I continued this way for about ten feet. Suddenly I slipped and began to plummet downward.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment