Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Gararu (continued)

I couldn't help myself. I made a second string of territories.

Chapter 5 - Gararu (continued)

Chapter 5 - Gararu (continued)
Gararu (continued)
Oh, great. I had been here all of ten minutes, and I was already about to die. Branches whipped by in a blur as I fell. I closed my eyes, not wanting to know when I was about to splat. I felt an impact at my side. But I hadn’t hit the ground yet, I cracked open one eye, and saw that Arrol had grabbed onto my shoulder with his feet (I’d have been a little grossed out if they weren’t my only lifeline). We were moving at and angle sideways, and I was suddenly aware that it hurt (really bad) where he had hit me; my guess is that he launched himself out of the tree at me. Not sure how it’s supposed to help. But then he grabbed a passing branch and its front end started coming with us. We slowed as the branch bent, and then, when I thought it would break in two, it snapped back to its original shape and we went flying up.
Over the course of maybe forty seconds, he caught another branch which bent up and, unfortunately, slung us back down. He then repeated his first trick and we slung back up and down various branches in various directions until the whole cartoon-like affair ended in the crotch of another giant tree. I wanted to hurl all over again. Through the nausea and pounding headache the ride had given me I managed to turn to Arrol and croak out,
“Thanks”. He looked a little shaken up too, and replied,
“Just don’t make me do that again.” I leaned over (carefully) and threw a couple of dry heaves; my stomach was still empty after all. Looking down I saw that what from my former position maybe two hundred feet up looked like silver lines were actually tiny clear streams of water ranging from about six inches to two feet wide. I also noticed there were about twice as many of these canals that were dried up.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FlameShadow on April 12, 2008, 12:38:52 AM

FlameShadow on
FlameShadowHaha... "cartoon-like affair" that's good