Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Silver- On the Trail

This is for my werewolf pack, for every member I add a few chapters about how they ended up with us.

Chapter 11 - Silver- On the Trail

Chapter 11 - Silver- On the Trail
I sniffed the air in the clearing. By the smell of it, there was a male here, probably still reaching maturity, and a female a few years older. Their scents led uphill, towards the higher altitudes. They didn’t seem to be a mating pair, but if they were friendly it might mean some sort of stability for me. If not, what did I have to lose? I started trotting at an easy pace up the slopes. Looking down on the lake I saw the water sparkling below. If I needed to make a quick escape, that would the place to head for.
As the hike took me higher on the mountain the trees began to thin out, making the trail easier to follow. My ears popped about mid day, after starting late in the morning. As I sat down to rest I heard a slight sound, and my ears perked up. Focusing I recognized it as a howl. It seemed to come from the river valley a few miles down the mountain. Maybe twelve miles to the east, the same direction I had come from. I recognized it as it came again. It was Fangs, and it was a challenge.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FlameShadow on May 19, 2008, 10:12:45 AM

FlameShadow on
FlameShadowFightfight! Let's hope this one is actually a fight! XD

andr28a on May 18, 2008, 8:36:56 PM

andr28a on
andr28aGreat story please continue.