Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Kosita- Food!

This is for my werewolf pack, for every member I add a few chapters about how they ended up with us.

Chapter 18 - Kosita- Food!

Chapter 18 - Kosita- Food!
I sat up in my bed and stretched my arms over my head. I got out of bed and pulled on my outer clothes. I opened the door of the master bedroom (hey, I got there first, it was rightfuly mine), and saw Kaidok asleep on the floor. For whatever reason Elena Brown was written on the back of his hand. I kept walking, I probably didn't want to know. I ploded down the main staircase, passed the second floor, and into the entrance hall. I let the front door swing open on it's hinges and took a deep breath.
The air was crisp and fresh, as summer was fading to fall. Suddenely my brain made a connection. I focused my ears, sure enough, I faintly heard splashing from the direction of the river.
"Salmon Run!" I shouted, my voice echoing off the mountains. There was exited yelping and crying from inside the house, meaning they had heard me. Kadiok burst through the door, followed by Kai, carrying Skylar, who was crying. We all were running towards the water, eager for the feast to begin. Kai was in first, skylar had stopped crying and she had set the pup down. She laughed as she was sprayed by the water from her mothers dive. I dove into the clear, cold water and surfaced in time to see Kaidok aim for a graceful dive, then trip at the last second and fall in face first. Kai surfaced quickly, grasping the tail of a big chinook. The flailing fish was pulled from the water, and hauled onto the bank.
I dove down into the water and opened my eyes, swiming against the current were scores of salmon. Or, in the terms of any halfway intelingent werewolf, dozens of potential meals. I grabbed a good sized fish with both hands and resurfaced. I heaved the thing up onto the bank, it must have weighed thirty pounds. Skylar was playing with a flopping fish, giggling maniacly. It would have been adorable, but I was more interested in food at the moment. We hauled up three big fish and headed back to the house. We laughed and talked about the meals we could make with this years salmon, but for whatever reason, the whole way back I had the sneaking suspicion that we were being watched.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FlameShadow on May 28, 2008, 10:59:26 AM

FlameShadow on
FlameShadowI like how Koidok is always graceful until the last second. ^^