Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Theif's Reason

It's about Rena Thyme and a big secret that was hidden for millions of years.
Some yaoi refs, but not many.

Chapter 2 - A Theif's Reason

Chapter 2 - A Theif's Reason
Rastel, that's what she called herself... Rastel Caris.
But, the name of the city that I am in, is also called Caris.
What did she mean by, "You are now one of us." ?
"What the hell do you mean?" I asked.
"You are now a shinigami. Just like it has been written." She smiled again. "Now, realize, the earrings that I had given you are no longer in your hands, but instead, your ears."
"What!?" I dropped everything that I had been holding, and put a hand to my ear. "How did they-?!?"
"You can't remove them," the little thief said. "I've tried."
"Why you little-!"
"Don't hurt her Rena. She is telling the truth."
The little girl bowed. "My name is Risa. I am a retriever and a recruiter. Pleased to meet you."
"What do you mean by 'pleased to meet you'?" I asked. "You're the one who took my wings!"
"That was the only way we could get you here." Rastel said calmly. "You can't fool destiny."
Risa started jumping about. "He's coming mommy! He's coming!"
"Who's coming? What is the little brat talking about?"
"Your trainer."
"What?"
"You better treat him with respect..."
I heard the footsteps behind me. I didn't expect to turn around, but my body did so on it's own.
My face turned red when I saw him. He was absolutely gorgeous.
He looked down at me with sad, yet angry eyes. "This is the new shinigami?"
"Yes Kastyr, don't underestimate her either."
"What do you mean by that, Rastel?" He asked.
I noticed the other people that were behind him.
The girl had two pairs of ears, one of which were cat ears, and she was dressed differently than the others.
The man, however, had two sets of wings, and large elfin looking ears. His jacket had fallen past his shoulders, and his markings, or whatever they were, were clearly visible. The right sleeve of his jacket was pinned up. I noticed his left hand, which, for lack of a better word, unnatural.
"Kastyr, I mean that this girl is..." Rastel's voice trailed off. "Come with me."
Kastyr followed her.
"Will someone please tell me what the hell is going on?!?" I asked loudly.
The girl walked toward me, the man followed.
"I see that you are the new kid." She said, a slight sound of joy in her voice. "I am a Defender, someone that is opposed to the existence of shinigami, but I know that they are needed to keep the balance between worlds."
"Like that tells me anything..."
She grabbed me by the collar and shook me. "Do not, under any circumstances, speak like that to your superiors!"
"WHAT??!!!" Came the sound of Kastyr's voice. "YOU GOTTA BE FRIKIN KIDDING ME!"
I guessed that I would eventually find out, what the yelling was about, but I had no clue, that it would be so, so, impossible...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment