Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Settling In

This is the story of TaintedClan.

The rise and fall of Spiderstar's power.

Chapter 2 - Settling In

Chapter 2 - Settling In
Wind whispered across his fur. He looked down the bank and crouched as the figures approached.
"What are you doing on our territory?" the bigger one growled, towering over the black scrap of fur.
He yellow eyes looked up at the tom, big and wide. "I...I was just...p-passing by. I needed a place to...to rest."
The smaller one, a she-cat, shoved herself forward. "Stop being so mean, will you, Skullface?" she spat. Her eyes softened when she looked at the cowering tom. "Sorry about him. My name is Fernwing. You've stumbled upon SwampClan land."
"Have I entered Clan territory?" the rouge asked, standing up and looking worried. "Oh dear, I didn't mean to. Honest."
Fernwing, a kindly young gray tabby, nodded. "Don't worry. It's alright. We'll take you to our camp, you can find shelther there."
"Th-thank you!"
"Wait, Fernwing." Skullface, a burly black tom and a pure white face, growled. "What is your name?"
"Oh." the rouge mewed, looking at him. "I am terribly sorry for my manners! I am Spider."
"Spider...Alright, come along." Skullface turned around and headed back down the shore. Fernwing glanced happily at Spider and bounced off after the older warrior. Her youth left her oblivious to Spider's smirk. He bore it across his face and looked around the dark forest. A bright green pair of eyes sparkled at him from the opposite side of the river. In a flash, however, they were gone. Had he imagined them?
-x-

Spider sat under the Highrock, looking eagerly up at the leader, Tricklestar. She leaped down, and he got up and licked her shoulder. Spider had just become a fully-named warrior, and would now live under the name Spiderarrow, in honor of his arrowhead-sharp claws.
"Spiderarrow! Spiderarrow!" the Clan chanted. All except one, Skullface. He sat on the fringe of the mob of cats, his dark amber eyes watching Spiderarrow with menace. He scowled and turned away when Spiderarrow looked up.
Fernwing leaped over. "Oh, Spiderarrow! How great is this?!"
Spiderarrow looked at her and purred. /Oh yes...How lovely. My plan is working well, I'm afraid./
As the sun was setting, she purred as well and padded away to sleep. Spiderarrow sat in the middle of the camp to keep a silent vigil. The others also left, and soon he was alone in the clearing. The breeze ruffled his fur and carried a faint scent of darker things on it. He looked up, ears pricked. The ferns at the edge of the camp rustled behind him. He whirled around and saw a deep brown-black tom slip from the foliage and pad over to join him. "Have they accepted you?"
"Yes, Venom." Spiderarrow whispered, matching this newcomer's serious gaze with his own. "I assure you, this plan is going accordingly so far."
"It better keep going as we've planned, brother."
"It will." Spiderarrow's meow had a soft growl in it, angry with his brother's own harsh tone.
Venom locked gazes with him again. They stood there, nose to nose, for a few moments before Venom snorted and looked away. "Good then. Tommorrow?"
Spiderarrow nodded. "As soon as I can slip off."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment