Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Hidden

This is the story of TaintedClan.

The rise and fall of Spiderstar's power.

Chapter 3 - Hidden

Chapter 3 - Hidden
The moon began to rise high in the sky as Spiderarrow watched his brother leave again. His tail twitched as he reviewed the last few moons. He had come to the Clan knowing how to fight and hunt. (He wasn`t very young.) However, Tricklestar and her senior warriors had decided it was best for him to train for a while, learning the lay of the land and the warrior code. However, the black warrior had no regard for it anyway. He turned his head to see yellow eyes staring at him, and his fur bristled. How much had Skullface seen?
He relaxed when the cat moved and it ended up just being Fernwing. She trotted out of the den and came up to him, brushing her tail along his flank. "Thought you might want some company," she mewed.
Spiderarrow looked at the gray she-cat as if she was crazy.
"I'll only stay a moment!" Fernwing purred. Her wide, yellow eyes shone, and Spiderarrow knew she had seen nothing. She flicked her tail across his shoulders as she got up. "See you in the morning! We'll go hunting."
The black cat nodded and she left. He let out an exasperated sigh when he was alone once more. When would that she-cat leave him alone?

-x-

The sun rose just above the horizon when Skullface trotted out to meet Spiderarrow. "You can speak now," he mewed in a gruff tone. "Go get some sleep," he added.
Spiderarrow nodded his thanks, a yawn escaping him. He got to his paws and trotted off, feeling the senior warrior's stare on his back as he slipped into the warriors' den. He nodded to Fernwing, who was leaving, and dropped into an empty, non-smelling nest. He curled up and went to sleep.

When he awoke, the sun was high above the sky, and it's light trickled into the warriors' den. The black tom got to his paws and stretched. He recoiled quickly, a hiss escaping from his mouth as Fernwing appeared in front of him. "Ready to go?" she mewed, seemingly bursting with endless energy.
Spiderarrow shook his fur out, and nodded. "Yes, I'm ready," he mewed. His eyes were slightly narrowed as he watched Fernwing leave. He raised a paw, about to take a step forward when his fur prickled along his spine. He turned and looked behind him, but all he saw was an empty den. He hurried outside and after the bubbly she-cat, mind reeling. Who had been watching him? Or was he simply just imagining things?
Spiderarrow and Fernwing trotted into the heart of SwampClan. He realized now why the Clan cats all had dull-colored pelts: to blend in easily with the browns, grays and greens of the swamp. The warrior disliked the feeling of goo in between his toes, but he gritted his teeth and trekked after Fernwing. When they reached solid ground again, his hunting companion seemed amused. "Having trouble in the muck?" she teased.
Spiderarrow all but glared at her. "No," he hissed. "I'm just not used to it."
Fernwing's ears flattened and she turned away, hurt. She kept walking forward, and Spiderarrow gave her no sympathy. "Hey, I'm going off that way. I'll meet you back at Mossrock."
Fernwing looked back at the black tom and nodded. Her gaze drifted to the large rock behind them that was covered in green moss. When she turned back, Spiderarrow was bounding off towards the patch of trees.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment