Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - End of Her World

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 3 - End of Her World

Chapter 3 - End of Her World
When Kerri came around, she found that she was trapped in between two extremely well muscled men in a sleek black car that was driving through a place so dead it could just as well have been a graveyard. And she had a killer headache.

“What the hell?” she mumbled.

The person who was driving eyed her from his rear view mirror. He had jet-black hair that was just a bit on the long side and piercing green eyes, and was drop dead gorgeous. “What’s your name?” he asked her brusquely.

Kerri stopped ogling him and stared at him in disbelief instead. “You captured me and you don’t even know my name?”

He glared at her. “Your name.”

“Princess Snow White.”

“Do I look like I’m in a joking mood?”

“Oh, I’m perfectly serious.”

The man narrowed his eyes at her, and she returned the look and was about to tell him to remove the stick that was up his @$$ when she remembered the two freakily strong men sitting beside her.

The man’s gaze averted to the road. “shoot.” He braked suddenly, and stopped just in time at a red light before he slammed into a car. Watching car accidents happening weren’t too bad, but experiencing it firsthand was another matter.

Kerri and the two men beside her were thrown against the front seat while the man who was sitting in the passenger seat was thrown against the windshield and let out a hiss of pain.

“For God’s sake, Joshua, pull yourself together,” the man who driving hissed.

The man named Joshua looked out his side of the window, his jaw locked and his eyes screwed up in anguish. “Sorry sir.”

Kerri looked at Joshua. If she were him, she’d have kicked that guy’s balls off. “Where are you taking me?”

Everybody ignored her.

Kerri cleared her throat. “I said, where are you frackING TAKING ME?” she raised her voice to a scream.

Everybody in the car winced.

“You know, that’s not the loudest I can scream,” she said when once more silence greeted her.

“Shut up, you insolent girl,” the driver snapped.

“I don’t even know why I’m here! At least tell me why you took me! I don’t know your name, I don’t know who you are, and…I’m going to be very late back home! And…I don’t even know what I’m doing here!”

“You’ll know why soon enough. And as for being late back home, I don’t think you’re going to be going home for quite some time,” the driver said dryly.

“Arik!” Joshua suddenly cried out, reaching over and yanking on the wheel. “Watch the road!”

“So it’s Arik, huh?” It was about time she knew his name; she was getting tired of referring to him as “the driver” or “the man who was driving”.

Arik glowered at Joshua. He was obviously upset that Kerri knew his name. “Shut up, McCarthy.”

Kerri frowned. “You know my name?”

“Of course I know your name. You didn’t think I’d kidnap someone without knowing their name, would you now, Kerrien?” he smirked at her through his rear view mirror.

Kerri gritted her teeth. She hated it when people called her by her full name. She decided to change tactics. “Look, please let me go. I don’t know what I’m doing here. If it’s because one of your mafia friends or whatever gangs that you’re involved in lost that case last Wednesday, then I’m not the one you should be kidnapping.

“I mean, I was the defender, I was trying to help. You should kidnap the judge, or the prosecutor, or whoever,” she begged them. “Please, just let me go. Or maybe come back tomorrow night, because its Valentine’s Day today and I have a feeling my boyfriend’s going to propose. And I really want to say yes. Please.”

Arik sighed. “You’re not going back home any time soon, so it wouldn’t do you any good to marry whatshisname anyway. And I don’t know why I’m abducting you either. We’re just following orders; so technically, we’re not doing anything wrong, so please stop punishing us by talking and make this trip more bearable for us by shutting up.”

Bastard. But then again, captors weren’t supposed to be warm and friendly, so Kerri forgave him. Kind of. She sulked at the back of the car next to the two men.

“Wait, you say you have a boyfriend?” he asked her after a while.

Kerri stared at him. “Uh, yeah.”

“Okay.” He handed her the phone. “Call him and break it off.”

Kerri stared at the phone in her hand. “Why the hell would I do that?”

“If he gets worried he’ll call the cops, and we don’t want that. It could complicate things.”

Kerri glared at him. “And why the hell should I care?”

Arik sighed. “Such a difficult girl. Because if you don’t, we’ll send a few…friends over to take him to his…paradise, or where ever people go after they erm, oh, I don’t know, die?”

Kerri gaped at him. “But…you wouldn’t…”

“Oh, we would. Believe me.”

Bastard. If looks could kill, he would have been speared on a stick and roasting on a fire now.

Arik tossed her the phone and looked at the two men. “If she calls the cops or anybody for help, you know what to do.”

She dialled Ty’s number. He picked up on the fifth ring.

“Hello?” He had been sleeping.

“Ty?”

“Ree, where on earth are you? It’s almost twelve! You should have been back by now. Was there an accident? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, honey,” she reassured him. “It’s just that…I realised that…I won’t be back for quite a while.”

“What do you mean?”

“I uh…” she racked her brains for something. “I’m on my way to the airport.”

Silence. “What? Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“I uh…my boss called me literally ten minutes ago and said I was going to London and she just talked nonstop and wouldn’t hang up. I called as soon as I could.”

“But…I don’t understand. Why?”

“Uh, it’s…you know. Lawyer…stuff.”

“Honey, they wouldn’t—”

“I’m seeing somebody, okay?” she interrupted him flatly, knowing that was the only way he was going to let her go. Her eyes welled up when she realised she was probably never going to see him again. “I’m going with him to London.”

There was a pause. “But…I thought…I thought we were—”

“I’m so sorry. I love you so much. You know I do.” She clicked off the line, tears streaming down her face. She handed the phone back to Arik wordlessly and buried her face in her hands, her tears dripping onto her skirt.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Prodigies on June 27, 2009, 9:11:31 AM

Prodigies on
ProdigiesD: Poor Kerri... That last part really and actually got to me. I hate when things like that happen. ><

XD I still like Arik though. *laughs* He reminds me of a few of my own characters.

Awesome plotline. Can't wait to go on.