Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Awaken

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 5 - Awaken

Chapter 5 - Awaken
When Kerri woke up, she was wearing an oversized t-shirt and boxer shorts, nothing else. There was also a massive bump on her head. She rubbed it gingerly, wincing. How the hell did that get there? Then it all came back to her. She gritted her teeth. Arik. The bastard.

She looked up to see the aforementioned sitting at the other side of the room in a chair. She scowled at him.

“So you’ve finally decided to wake up,” he said, standing. He was tall, dark and handsome, with a lean, athletic body. She would have swooned, but she reminded herself that her dignity was needed.

“Well, I would have never had to ‘sleep’ if you hadn’t clocked me on the head,” she snapped, emphasising on the word “sleep”.

Arik shrugged. “I told you to shut up. You didn’t. I had to do something; you were driving me insane.”

She refrained herself from hitting him. “Where am I?”

“In your room.”

“Buddy, I’ve been to my room before, and I can tell you one thing: this sure as hell isn’t it.”

Arik pursed his lips. “From now on, this is going to be your room. Now go take a shower, you look like shoot.”

Kerri hopped off her bed. “Just what every girl wants to hear,” she muttered, stomping into the bathroom.

She spent about five minutes trying to work out how to turn on the shower, and when she finally did, it came on so suddenly that she was completely taken by surprise and slipped. She yelped as she landed on the bathroom floor.

The door burst open and Arik came in. “What did you do now?” he demanded.

She shrieked and pulled the shower curtain around her.

Arik rolled his eyes. “It’s not like I haven’t seen them all before.”

“You took off my clothes when I was unconscious? Did you rape me? You…amoral bastard!” she screamed. “You animal! You…you…” she trailed off.

Arik raised an eyebrow. “Of course I took off your clothes. I had to help you change out of those rags that used to be clothes into the shirt and shorts you were wearing when you woke up. And no, I didn’t rape you. Please. I had better things to do with my time. If I wanted to get laid, I’d have gone to my girlfriend.”

She flushed bright red. He had a girlfriend. “Oh.”

“So why did you scream?” he raised an eyebrow mockingly. “Did you see a spider?”

She swallowed a retort. “I slipped in the shower. I think I sprained my ankle.”

Arik sighed. Such a careless girl. “I guess we better have a look at it, then.” He walked over and knelt down next to her, waiting.

After hesitating, she stretched out her leg towards him cautiously, and he took it in his hands.

“Does this hurt?” he asked, squeezing her foot.

“No.”

“How about this?”

“No.”

“And how abou—”

“God’s sake,” she yelped as pain streaked through her leg. She tried to withdraw her leg but he held it firmly, not letting go.

“Better get to the doctor.” He stood up, got a towel and threw it to her. “Dry up and wrap it around you.”

Kerri obliged reluctantly. She had barely wrapped the towel around her when he lifted her up so that he was carrying her.

“Hey! What the—”

“What, do you want to walk, or should I say, limp your way to the doctor’s? It’s only fifteen minutes if you run.”

She scowled at him wordlessly while he carried her over to the doctor’s.

“Hey, I don’t like carrying you that much either, so stop looking at me like that.”

She was about to say something when he beat her to it. “By the way, you may want to close your eyes right now.”

She frowned at him while he pressed a button that was on the wall. “What do you mean Iahhhh!” her question turned into a scream when the floor suddenly disappeared between them so that they were hurtling down a shaft so dark she couldn’t even see Arik’s face. She clutched to him, burrowing her head against his chest.

She could hear Arik sigh. “I told you so.”

She pursed her lips. If it weren’t for the fact that they could be hurtling towards their death right now, she would have sucker punched him.

Suddenly, the lights came on and they stopped falling. Just like that. Kerri squinted and looked down. There was a huge cushion below them but they hadn’t fallen down onto it, they had just simply stopped falling.

“What the hell—” she was about to ask Arik when they abruptly dropped onto the cushion.

“Nice to see gravity taking a break there,” she muttered as Arik bounded up from the cushion and continued walking with her in his arms.

He snorted, smiling briefly. A blink-and-you’ll-miss-it smile. Fortunately, Kerri didn’t blink. She was momentarily dazed. He should smile more often, she thought dreamily. Stop it. He has a girlfriend.

Reluctantly, she dragged her gaze away from his face and looked ahead. There was a thick wooden door in front of them, with an electronic panel next to it. The door had no handle. She was about to ask him what that was about when he stepped in front of the panel and looked into it. The panel glowed.

Ah. One of those retina scan thingamajigs.

After a pause, the wooden door slid open with a silent whoosh and Arik stepped into the room that was behind it.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kaley on August 28, 2009, 2:31:15 AM

Kaley on
Kaleythese too should get together.

xxnataxx on August 28, 2009, 2:31:56 AM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxx...they are together lol

Prodigies on June 27, 2009, 9:20:21 AM

Prodigies on
Prodigies:D Well, I can say one thing: I am really liking this pairing. I tend to adore the couples that start off hating each other. XD I hope they do get together.

...I'm hopeless...hah...

KokoroTsuki24 on May 2, 2009, 3:16:45 PM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24when arik tells her to close her eyes and she starts repeating him, try cutting her off at 'I' instead of 'may'. it sounds a bit better.

xxnataxx on May 2, 2009, 7:10:09 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxwhere is this?

KokoroTsuki24 on May 3, 2009, 5:05:42 PM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24its, like in the um... 5th chapter... theyre going down the elevator thingy and arik says to close her eyes... that. part. and i will stop making those little correction comments if u like. but i would be happy to help find them if u dont mind. lolz. sry. i like to edit.

xxnataxx on May 3, 2009, 7:00:47 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxyup. got it. thx. nonono i like u making comments...