Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Frustration and Desperation Can Do This to You

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 6 - Frustration and Desperation Can Do This to You

Chapter 6 - Frustration and Desperation Can Do This to You
After the doctor had had a look at the girl’s leg, he went over to the corner where Arik was leaning against a table.

“So, how is she?” Arik asked.

“Well, she’s sprained it pretty badly, so definitely no sports for the next few days.”

“So she won’t be able to dance tonight?”

“I’m afraid not.”

Arik sighed. Of all people, she was the one who had to make life hard for him. And she did a good job of it, too. He looked at his watch.

shoot. They were going to be late. He hated being late.

“Thank you, doctor. I’ll bring her back in a week’s time for a check up.” He turned away abruptly and scooped Kerri into his arms again.

“Hey,” she protested, pushing at him.

He closed his eyes. He was trying very hard not to scream right now. He could not afford to be late. “You will not argue with me. We are running late, and if we get into trouble because of it, you will get it,” he managed to hiss venomously through gritted teeth. Of course, he added mentally, I’ll get it, too.

Unsurprisingly, she shut up. He tended to have that effect on people when he was pissed off.

He practically flew over back to the girl’s room and dumped her unceremoniously onto the bed, ignoring her muttered complaints, went into the closet and returned with the dark blue dress and a pair of high heels.

She eyed the high heels doubtfully. “You want me to wear these?”

He rolled his eyes. “No, I want you to hang them around your neck.”

She picked up the dress, looking it up and down and dropped the heels onto the floor.

“Hey! Be careful, those are very expensive,” Arik hurried to save the shoes. “And so is the dress.” He received no response. He looked at her.

She was staring at the dress with so much horror one would’ve thought she was about to face her death.

“What now?”

She turned to him. “I can’t…I can’t wear this.”

“Why, are you allergic to blue dresses as well as seafood?”

“No…it’s just that…I’ll…I can’t.”

Arik leant against the bed. This was going to take a while. He hoped they wouldn’t be late. The boss would have his head. And he wouldn’t get the gold medal. “Why not?”

“It’s just that…whenever I wear expensive stuff or nice stuff, I’ll ruin it. I’d spill a drink on it or trip on it and rip it. And I bet I’d trip now, especially with my bad ankle.”

She looked so adorable that he wanted to hug her. But he didn’t. This was just as well too, because he would have regretted it.

She suddenly smiled wickedly. “Actually, scratch that. I just don’t want to wear it.”

He pursed his lips. “You either put this on, or I’ll help you put it on.”

She grinned at him. “You can try, but I bet it’ll get really roughed up in the process.”

Arik gritted his teeth. “You…” dog. “You will put on this dress, and we will go down to dinner. Now.”

“Or what?”

He raised an eyebrow. “Do you really want to know?”

“Yes.”

He sighed. “If you insist.” He clicked his fingers, and suddenly, the towel disappeared and she was completely naked.

“Hey!” she grabbed the blanket. Then she stopped. “How’d you do that?”

“Magic.”

“You…I don’t care what magician’s trick you pulled on me. Give back the towel.”

He thought about it. “No.”

After a pause, she dropped the blanket. “Oh well. You’ve seen it all before anyways. How’s one more time going to hurt?” She sat in the middle of the bed.

Arik didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. This girl had balls. Not literally, of course. “I thought you were a dignified woman!” he cried, looking away.

“Well, I’m also a desperate woman. Desperate to get out of here. And desperate times call for desperate measures.”

Arik pursed his lips. The only way to win was to play her at her own game. He smirked. “Well, since we’re not going anywhere soon, I better get comfortable.” He pulled off his shirt.

She shrieked. “Freak!” She threw one of her high heels at him.

He caught it with one hand, still smirking.

“You…bastard.”

“You need to be more creative. You’ve already used that one three times or so.”

“Bastard.”

“dog.”

“Get dressed, perv.”

“Only if you do.”

“Fine,” she spat out.

He clicked his fingers again. “Your underwear.” He handed them back to her.

She glared at them. “I don’t have red underwear. Those aren’t mine.”

“Well, they are now.”

“You…” she was fuming and at a loss for words.

“Bastard?” he offered.

“Bastard,” she agreed, grabbing the underwear. “Wait a minute…a th—what the hell?!”

He smirked. “Thought you’d like it.”

“You…arghhhhh!” she screamed.

He sighed. “I’m getting tired of this,” he said. He clicked his fingers again, and suddenly she was wearing her underwear. The underwear that was actually hers, much to her relief.

“How do you do that?”

He frowned. “I told you. Magic.”

“That’s…that’s…incredible.” She was looking confused.

He shrugged. “You’ll get used to it soon enough when you learn it.”

Her eyes widened. “I’ll learn how to use magic?”

He frowned again. Did this girl know nothing? “Well, not really. You already have the ability to use it. You just don’t know how to.”

“But…magic doesn’t exist.”

“Just like vampires, dragons, werewolves and other things like that?”

She looked at him as if he was crazy. “Uh, yeah.”

“Well, let me tell you this: these non-existent things are going to make up tonight’s dinner party’s guests.”

“Then what are you?”

“I’m a dragon.”

She snorted. “If you say so.”

He shook his head, frustrated. What would it take to get this girl to believe him? So he had to use his last resort, then. He opened his mouth and breathed fire. Just a little so that he wouldn’t scorch her or blow up the building, but big enough for her to see and believe it.

Her eyes widened. “Wow. What the hell was that?”

“Magic. Can we go now?” He really didn’t want to be late.

“So...you’re saying that...magic really does exist?” she asked him, ignoring his question.

He pursed his lips impatiently. “Yes.”

She thought about it. “Huh.” Then she closed her eyes and muttered something.

“Now what are you doing?” he asked her irritably.

“Trying to make you explode, now shut up. I’m concentrating.”

He laughed. Actually laughed. He hadn’t done that in a long time. But he quickly regained his posture. “Enough of this,” he snapped. He clicked his fingers and suddenly, she was wearing the dress. “Don’t bother trying to take it off. It’s not coming off until I say so.”

She clawed at the dress, and after realising what he said was true, gave up. She carefully lodged on her high heels, using him for support.

“Can you walk in those?” he asked her.

“I can limp. Barely.” She tried to walk and immediately recoiled, hissing in pain.

Arik watched her. This was not good. But first things first, he clicked his fingers so that he was wearing a tux. Then after some hesitation, he put one arm around her waist, supporting her. “Can you walk better now?”

She tried it out. “Just a bit.”

“We better get going. We can’t be late.”

“Honestly, what is it with you and punctuality?”

Arik stared at her. That same question Sitara had asked him. He suppressed the feelings that were surging up inside him. “We have a mutual understanding,” he managed to choke out.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Prodigies on June 27, 2009, 9:31:00 AM

Prodigies on
Prodigies:D He's a dragon!!!!!!!

I knew I loved this guy!!!!!!!

xxnataxx on June 27, 2009, 6:23:02 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxwhoa lol that's a lot of comments...thanks for taking the time (:
haha yea i like dragons too...
xx

Konohasdarkshadow on May 18, 2009, 2:53:23 AM

Konohasdarkshadow on
Konohasdarkshadowagreed! XD

KokoroTsuki24 on May 4, 2009, 1:22:09 PM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24i like the part where she says shes trying to make him explode! lol