Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - A Plan Backfired

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 10 - A Plan Backfired

Chapter 10 - A Plan Backfired
Arik saw a daze look come across the girl’s face after he told her that moving things by hand instead of magic kept him fit.

“She couldn’t possibly be thinking anything, could she?” He wondered. He concentrated on her and saw images of him with his shirt off in her head. Apparently, she could. He grinned. He was going to enjoy this.

“Oh, by the way, I can read minds,” he said lightly, smirking again.

Kerri flushed. “Uh…I…”

He grinned. “Don’t worry about it. You’re not the only one.”

Kerri rolled her eyes and glowered. “Narcissistic maniac. So,” she said, desperately changing the topic. “How do you uh…charge yourself up mentally? You know, after you’ve used your magic.”

Arik shrugged. “Sleep.” He looked at his watch again. “And at this rate, I’m going to need at least five hours of it, because I’m going to be using a whole lot of magic. And I don’t want that to happen, because you have a lot to catch up on.”

“I’ll help you,” Kerri said sweetly, obviously eager to learn.

Arik grinned. That’s what he thought. “That’s what I thought. Come on, let’s go.” He took her hand.

She looked down at their hands, and then up at him. “Uh, not that I’m not interested, but you are still dating Mandy.”

Arik stifled a laugh and grinned instead. “In order for us to shift together—shift meaning ‘move to another place’, by the way, just in case you didn’t know—there has to be some form of contact,” he said, watching her face go red. “Not that I’m not interested,” he teased.

“Shut up,” she muttered. “You shifting or what?”

He grinned and clicked his fingers, and they appeared in the middle of his room, which was a typical guy’s room: messy.

“shoot, man, this is going to take ages,” she complained.

“Well, not really.” Arik closed his eyes—he did that whenever what he was about to do was going to take up quite some magic. Suddenly, his fingers twitched—a movement he had gotten used to, over a period of time, whenever he had to summon a specific amount of magic. When he opened his eyes again, his room was almost empty and all that was left was the bed the wardrobe, the cabinets and other big pieces of furniture.

The girl gave a low whistle. “I can see how magic comes in handy.”

Arik grinned. “In more ways than one.” He flashed a picture of him clicking fingers and her losing her clothes through her brain, and she scowled and blushed at the same time.

“Not funny,” she muttered.

“No,” he agreed. “It’s not funny.” He paused. “It’s hilarious. Thank you for being stubborn.”

“Don’t make it sound like I wanted you to look at me without my clothes on,” she protested. “Can we please get moving? And why didn’t you move the heavy things with your magic?”

“If I just move those heavy things like that, they’re going to end up in all corners of your room. However, if I have a map of your room and where everything is exactly, I can decide where to put everything.” His eyes glowed bright green as he put his words into action, calling up a map of the girl’s room. His fingers twitched again, and when the map faded away and his sight returned to normal, his room was now completely empty except for the fact that they were still standing in it.

“I don’t know whether to say ‘wow’ or say ‘you really freaked me out just now when your eyes went bright green’,” the girl said after a pause.

“Just stick with ‘wow’,” he said.

“Can we go to lunch?”

Arik took the girl’s hand again, clicked his fingers, and they appeared in the dining room.

The girl’s eyes widened. “Wow,” she breathed as she looked around the dining room. “It’s like…a massive dinner buffet…party...kind of thing.”

“You’ll get used to it soon enough.”

“Hello, Kerri, hello Arik.” It was Drake. “You showed up a later than usual,” he said to Arik.

“Well, it’s because someone kept bombarding me with questions instead of helping me pack.” Arik shot Kerri a look. “I’m going to need a nap after lunch.”

“And what am I going to do when you’re sleeping?” Kerri asked him.

“I’m sure you can think of something,” Arik said ruefully. “You always do.”

“Maybe I can tell Mandy more about Dr. Who!” the girl piped up. Drake grinned while Arik glowered at her. “That’d be fun, wouldn’t it, Drake? Come on!” she grabbed Drake and limped surprisingly quickly for an injured girl over to Mandy, who was at one of the buffet tables.

“McCarthy!” Arik called, frustrated. “You…” dog. “Come back here!”

It was too late. He watched helplessly as the girl struck up a conversation with Mandy. He shook his head, grabbed a sandwich and a beer from the bar and headed to one of the tables, sat down, and began eating his lunch. A few minutes later, he felt someone tap his shoulder. He turned around to see Mandy.

“Whatever that girl told you isn’t—” Arik started to defend himself but Mandy interrupted him.

“It’s okay, honey. I understand. Kerri told me all about it,” Mandy soothed.

Arik frowned. “She did?” he asked suspiciously, looking over at Kerri, who smiled sweetly and waved at him from across the room.

“Yes, I totally understand if you have the pervert syndrome. Why didn’t you tell me about it before?”

Arik’s eyes widened and he choked on his beer. “That’s probably because I didn’t even know about it, Mandy,” he said after he recovered.

“Kerri said that you definitely have a case of it, and you have it bad.”

Arik restrained himself from screaming. “Uh, I don’t think I have it, Mandy. I don’t even know what it is.”

“Oh, how can you not know what you have? Silly.”

Arik smiled patiently. “Why don’t you explain to me what this uh, pervert syndrome is?”

“Well, according to Kerri, it’s when a guy ‘can’t help groping and trying to have sex with other women, especially when he’s horny’ and that it’s a ‘psychological thing’ and usually only happens to people with the name of Arik. Isn’t it unfortunate you just happened to be called Arik?”

Arik gritted his teeth. “Yes, it is very unfortunate indeed.”

“Oh, don’t worry, honey, I’ll stick by you.”

Arik looked at her. “Uh, thanks, Mandy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to talk to Kerri.”

“Why?”

“I uh…need to ask her about this syndrome. It’s so rare I didn’t even know it existed,” he said through clenched teeth. He stalked towards where Kerri and Drake were standing.

“Oh, look,” he heard Kerri exclaim as she saw him coming and she looked at her wrist. “It’s time for my hourly bathroom break. Let’s go.”

Drake frowned. “You don’t have a watch.”

Kerri looked at him, annoyed. “I may not have a watch, but I have a full bladder that needs emptying.” She looked up to see Arik quickening his stride. “Go, man, GO! This bladder needs a-emptying!”

Drake hurried her off to the bathroom just when Arik was about to get there.

dog. He was going to get her back for that.

“Honey,” Mandy called.

Arik pursed his lips and turned around. “Yes, Mandy?”

“Why don’t you uh, pervert-syndrome me in the girl’s bathroom?” she smiled slyly.

“That would be great, Mandy, but I just have to take care of one small…” he trailed off. “Actually, I changed my mind. Come on, Mandy, let’s go.”

Once they were in a bathroom cubicle—Arik made sure that it was the one next to Kerri’s—he began kissing Mandy enthusiastically, and she responded.

“Hello, can you please get a room?” he heard Kerri yell.

Arik was about to reply when Mandy beat him to it. “No thanks, we already have a cubicle,” she called.

He heard Kerri’s gasp of recognition and then felt rather than heard her muffled fit of laughter. He shook his head and groaned silently.

“Mandy, maybe we’ll do this somewhere else…later on, okay?” Arik smiled wearily at her, and ushered her out. “Go on, I have to uh…check my hair.”

“Are you sure, honey? I can wait for you.”

Arik smiled at her. “I’m pretty sure I can manage, Mandy, but thanks anyway.”

“Okay, honey. Bye.”

“Bye, Mandy.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Konohasdarkshadow on May 18, 2009, 3:57:30 AM

Konohasdarkshadow on
Konohasdarkshadowroflmfao ahahahhahaha i loved this chapter!!!