Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Exhausted

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 12 - Exhausted

Chapter 12 - Exhausted
The girl snorted. “Come on, what will happen? Will a vine strangle me in an act of self defence when I accidentally step on it?”

She had so much to learn. “Actually, that can happen. The grass can also get very vengeful.” He looked pointedly down on the grass they were standing on.

“Let’s go,” she said quickly, and Arik grinned. She’ll learn not to make so many sarcastic remarks in the future.

He led the way back to where they came in. He whispered the password, and a door appeared between the two trees that were in front of them.

“Do we have to go in there again?” she complained. “It’s so freaking dark. I can’t see a thing. Isn’t there a light we can switch on, or something?”

“Is there a light you can switch on in space when people go from Earth to the moon?”

“Okay, stupid question.”

“You should know,” Arik said, pulling her into the darkness. “You keep asking them.”

“Ow, careful! My ankle still hurts, you know.”

He forgot about that. “Right. Sorry.” He slowed down. “Do you need some help with that?”

“Hey, I was fine when you dragged me over here, so I think I’m going to manage okay with you dragging me back there. Just…slow down a little.”

“The doctor said no vigorous exercise.”

“Glad you know about it, since you’re the one making me exercise vigorously.” They were walking at a pace of a turtle.

Arik was getting impatient. He was tired both physically and mentally—the girl should be, too—and he was hungry. He only had half of a sandwich for lunch. He was always in a bad mood when he was hungry. “At this rate, we’re not going to get back to the human world until next year,” he snapped. He slid his hand from her wrist up to her back and placed his other hand behind the back of her knees and lifted her up again, ignoring her protests.

They had been walking for about five minutes when the blackness suddenly disappeared, and they were in the bright white room again. He looked down, surprised at how the girl didn’t complain about the light. She was asleep, her wavy black hair curling around her face.

She was probably exhausted by the amount of magic she had used. Arik clicked his fingers and they appeared in her room. He placed her gently in her bed between the sheets and turned off the lights, and then he left for dinner.

***

He was sitting with Drake, Joshua and Carter, and was halfway through his dinner when he checked up on her again. He frowned, concentrating. It was always harder when she was further away. After a moment or two, he found—or rather, heard her.

“What the—Oh, I’m in my room. Where the hell is Arik? Oh God, I’m so tired. And so hungry. How do you get out of here? God, when’s Arik when I need him?”

I’m right here, he thought to her, raising his eyebrows slightly, wondering since exactly when she started needing him.

There was a pause. What the hell?

Arik sighed. Telepathy, remember?

Oh. You freaked me out there for a minute. Where are you?

In the dining hall.

Oh, is it dinner time?

Yes. How was your sleep?

Fine. Can I come down now?

Yes. Well, actually, dinner’s almost over.

Can I come join you anyways? I’m starving.

Are you dressed properly?

Uh, yes. Why do you ask?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Konohasdarkshadow on May 18, 2009, 4:15:36 AM

Konohasdarkshadow on
Konohasdarkshadowyou wrote "when's Arik when i need him" instead of where's....just a little grammar mistake ^^