Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - A Plan for Revenge

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 13 - A Plan for Revenge

Chapter 13 - A Plan for Revenge
Arik clicked his fingers and Kerri was suddenly sitting between him and Drake.

“What the hell?” she complained. “Next time you want to uh, ‘shift’ me, tell me.”

“Sorry,” he said, not sounding sorry at all.

“Hey, Kerri. How was training?” Drake greeted Kerri with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Tiring. I can’t believe I fell asleep.”

“I’ll go get you something,” Drake offered, standing up. “Pasta?”

“That’d be great.”

Carter slid over so that he was sitting next to her. “Hey Kerri.”

“Hey Carter.”

“Did you think training was exhausting?”

“Extremely.”

Carter smirked. “I can think of more enjoyable activities that will exhaust you. We can indulge in them, if you want.”

Kerri bopped him on the head while Arik choked on his water. “Sick-minded creep,” she admonished.

Carter grinned and held up a bottle of water and a beer. “Which one?”

Kerri grabbed the water and gulped down half a bottle of it while Carter looked at the beer longingly.

“I’d give anything to be able to drink this again,” he said, giving the beer a final loving look before tossing it to Drake, who caught it singlehandedly and cracked it open.

“So what have you been doing all day?” Kerri asked him.

“Training.”

“Oh, so you have a trainee, too?”

“No, I have a trainer. I’m having my finals next week.”

“Wow, so you’re…a student? Like me?”

Carter chuckled. “Technically, yes. Just…a lot more skilled than you are.”

Kerri chose to ignore the jibe. “So what do you have to do to graduate?”

“You have to take an exam—or the finals, as everybody calls then—and if you pass, you graduate. It’s not one of those written ones, of course.”

Kerri groaned. “Just like school.” She turned to Drake, who had just come back with her pasta. “Thanks.” She dug in. She was freaking starving. “So, Drake,” she said through a mouthful of pasta. “How about you? What have you been doing?”

Drake grinned. “Boy-hunting,” he said, and everybody laughed.

“Maybe I can join you some time,” Kerri joked.

Drake raised an eyebrow. “I wouldn’t if I were you,” he said sotto voce. “Someone might get jealous.” He waggled his eyebrows at Arik, who rolled his eyes and took another gulp of water.

Kerri observed Arik. “Is that blushing I see?” she thought as she finished off her meal. “Yes,” she concluded after a moment. “Yes, it is.” She looked away, finished her water and threw it into the bin. She held up her empty plate. “Uh, where do I put this?”

“Just give it to me, honey,” Carter drawled, holding out his hand. “I’ll do it for you.”

Kerri handed him the plate. “Drake can get away with calling me ‘honey’. So can you. But only just this once. If you call me that again, you’ll be on the floor doing what Arik was doing this morning.” Kerri raised an eyebrow at Arik, who scowled.

“She basically means she’ll kick your balls,” Arik explained.

Carter winced. “Did it hurt?”

Arik shot him a look. “Do birds fly?”

Carter cocked his head to one side. “Well, the Dodo didn’t fly, and ostriches don’t fly either.”

Arik raised an eyebrow. “Sometimes I question your sanity.” He stood up. “Are you ready to go?” he asked Kerri.

“Yes. Bye, Drake, bye Carter,” she called cheerfully. “Bye Joshua,” she added just a second later, since she had completely forgotten that he was sitting there. He nodded and turned back to his beer.

“Why is Joshua so quiet?” she asked Arik on their way back to her room.

“It’s just…part of his personality. He’s a quiet guy.”

“Is he now?” she murmured softly as Arik opened the door for her to her room. “I’m going to take a shower,” she announced, walking towards the bathroom. She suddenly remembered about her ankle, and turned around. “One question. Do you…heal faster here?”

“What do you mean?”

“My ankle. Usually if you twist your ankle, it’d get better in about a few weeks time. Here…it’s better already.”

Arik grinned. “One of the few perks of not being entirely human.”

Kerri turned and went into the bathroom. She was extremely careful when she turned on the water. She wasn’t about to twist her ankle again any time soon.

***

After her long, hot shower, Kerri was feeling completely relaxed. And also very annoyed, because Arik had been banging on her door for the last fifteen minutes.

“What?” she demanded, throwing open the door and nearly hitting him in the face.

“You’ve been in there for forty-five minutes, that’s what!” Arik snapped back, clearly annoyed. “I have to take a shower, too.”

“Why didn’t you take a shower in your old room?”

“Because they’ve given it to another guy, now move.” Arik slipped past her and slammed the door shut in her face.

Did he just slam the door in her face? Rude bastard. She stalked over to her dressing table. The company had provided her with the most expensive and the best cosmetics she’d ever seen. She looked around her room. It was more of an apartment or maybe a condo, with its separate bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen and dining room. It wasn’t huge, but it was big enough to make it seem both spacious and comfy at the same time.

Arik walked out with only a towel wrapped around his waist just as she’d finished drying her hair. She put down the blow-dryer and looked away from him—she had to, or she wouldn’t be able to look away. “You took at least thirty minutes for your shower,” she accused.

“Yes, but only because I knew that no one was going to use it after me. And I’ve already brushed my teeth.”

“Oh, goodie for you,” she said sarcastically, walking into the bathroom. She rubbed furiously at the steam-covered mirror so that she could see herself, and began washing her face and brushing her teeth, muttering dire threats.

When she came out, Arik had already turned off the lights, and she was engulfed in complete darkness. How inconsiderate was that? She stumbled forward with her hands out in front of her, silently cursing him. Then her hands touched wood and a mattress above it.

“Huh,” she thought. “That’s funny. I don’t recall the bed being this close to the bathroom. Oh well.” She climbed into the bed. “Again, I could have sworn, that my bed was queen-sized. And what the hell, why is my wall so warm? Do they have battery operated walls now? This place is so—”

A click of fingers interrupted her train of thought, and a ball of fire appeared between the fingers, which had appeared magically next to her. Fingers that belonged to Arik. Kerri froze. Arik stared at her, then down at her hand—which she realised was on his chest. “May I ask what you are doing?”

shoot. Kerri reddened. “Sorry. Wrong bed. Uh, goodnight.” She scrambled off the bed, tripping over herself.

Arik smirked. “You don’t need to make excuses. It’s perfectly understandable. Besides, you’re not the first one.”

Narcissistic bastard. “Shut up,” she muttered.

***

The next morning, when Kerri went down for breakfast, Carter, Drake and Arik’s smirking faces greeted her. Joshua was of course silent.

Kerri pursed her lips. “It was an accident.”

“Suuuure,” Drake drawled. “Isn’t that what they all say?”

“Honey, don’t come on to your trainer. It’s so unprofessional. I, on the other hand, am totally available.” Carter held out his hands, still grinning.

Kerri looked at them stonily, and then whipped around to glare at Arik. “You…you…” she trailed off, resisting the urge to scream in front of everybody in the dining hall. She pressed her lips together and stormed off. She stopped when she saw Mandy, and grinned. Revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge.

“Mandy,” she called sweetly.

“Kerri. Good morning. Judging by the size of the bags under your eyes, you must be very tired indeed.”

“I am very tired, thank you.” She faked a yawn. “I couldn’t sleep at all last night.”

“Why?”

Kerri sighed. “It’s a long story. At first, I thought Arik’s pervert syndrome was acting up again, because he wouldn’t leave me alone.” She paused dramatically for effect. “Then he told me he actually didn’t have the pervert syndrome.” She widened her eyes. “He’s cheating on you, Mandy.”

Mandy’s eyes widened, and her hand flew up to cover her mouth. “What?” Tears filled her eyes. “Why would he do this to me?”

Kerri patted her arm sympathetically. “Don’t worry, Mandy. Don’t cry, he’s not worth the tears. In fact, you have to stay strong. Show him what he’s missing out on. Guys like him never know what they have until they have until the girlfriend leaves him.”

Mandy nodded, sniffing. “What am I supposed to do?”

“Get back at him, of course!” Kerri exclaimed as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Which it probably was, but then again, she was talking to a person who didn’t know who Dr. Who was.

Mandy smiled. “You’re right. I should. I mean, he cheated on me. What should I do?”

Kerri pretended to think about it. As if she needed to think about it, ideas had already been bubbling out of her when she first spotted Mandy. “Well, you two still…he still stays over at nights, right?”

“Yes. Sometimes.”

“You use…well, not you, but he…he does use…protection, right?”

“Of course.”

“Well, you could always put in some itching powder.” Kerri grinned evilly. “Or, you could always eat something really spicy before you uh…you know. You know.”

“That’s a great idea,” Mandy said, delighted. “He’s coming over tonight.”

Kerri grinned again. “Is he now?”

“Yes. I can’t wait.”

Kerri smiled. “You’re going to do a great job, Mandy. Let me know how it goes, okay?”

“Sure.”

“I have to go now, training.”

“Bye,” Mandy called after her as she turned and left. “Oh, Kerri?”

“Yes, Mandy?”

“Does that mean I don’t break up with him?”

Kerri smiled patiently. “Yes. You don’t break up with him. Get him back slowly. Torture him. And then you break up with him. The man will be a mess when you leave him.”

Mandy smiled. “Thank you, Kerri.”

No, thank you, Kerri thought to herself, grinning as she walked back to the table and seated herself next to Drake.

“I saw you talking with Mandy just now, naughty girl,” Drake whispered in Kerri’s ear. “Is it something I can tell Arik?”

“No!” Kerri exclaimed, and then she immediately lowered her voice. “It’s…a surprise.”

“Oh, I love surprises!” Drake clapped his hands gleefully. “What’s it going to be?”

Kerri grinned. “I’m sure you’ll hear about it soon enough.”

“Hear about what?” Arik asked them from across the table.

Kerri exchanged a look with Drake. “Uh, I meant hear from him soon enough,” she said quickly. “Drake has a crush on this…guy, and Drake gave him his number, so I’m just telling him that he’ll hear from him soon enough.”

“Oh.”

“That was a good save if I do say so myself,” Kerri whispered to Drake, relieved.

“Fast thinking, girl.”

Kerri winked at him before standing up. “Arik, don’t we have training?”

“Uh, sure. Let’s go.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Konohasdarkshadow on May 18, 2009, 4:26:45 AM

Konohasdarkshadow on
KonohasdarkshadowGuys like him never know what they have until they have until the girlfriend leaves him.” lol u repeated "they have until" twice ^^

xxnataxx on May 18, 2009, 5:02:35 AM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxthxx (see if it werent for you my readers would think i was crazy lol)

Konohasdarkshadow on May 18, 2009, 6:09:57 AM

Konohasdarkshadow on
Konohasdarkshadowlol no problem, im on chap 35! almost there!!!

Konohasdarkshadow on May 18, 2009, 6:14:49 AM

Konohasdarkshadow on
Konohasdarkshadow25 i meant lol