Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Strong

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 14 - Strong

Chapter 14 - Strong
“What are we going to learn about today?” the girl asked him as they crossed through into the other realm.

“Moving things.”

“Wow, so will I be able to move…myself? Like, shift?”

“In time, yes.” He led her to the clearing they had been standing in yesterday. “Now show me your powers.”

The girl frowned.

Arik sighed. “You know, it’s that ball of light that floats in your hand?”

“Oh.” The girl held her hand out uncertainly and closed her eyes. A moment later, a golden globe appeared in her outstretched hand.

“Now show me fire.” The fire had barely appeared in the girl’s hand when he gave another command. “Throw it at the tree,” he said, pointing to a tree nearby.

The girl aimed at the tree and hurled it onto the tree. The tree set alight. Arik’s eyes widened in alarm. This had never happened before. How did her powers get so strong so quickly? Usually it took about a week or so, at least. He quickly doused the tree with water before it started a forest fire. He frowned, not understanding, but not asking any questions. He shook his head. She was a sorceress. That was probably why. He decided to try it out again.

“Freeze the grass,” he ordered.

A look of doubt crossed the girl’s face, and she bit her lip nervously.

Maybe she needed a little bit of encouragement. That usually did the trick. Girls always needed encouragement. They practically live on them. That and compliments. “Come on,” he encouraged her softly. “You can do it.”

The girl closed her eyes and frowned furiously, concentrating. Suddenly, ice burst through her extended fingers, onto the grass and froze the entire meadow.

Arik’s eyes widened again. He clicked his fingers, and the ice melted. “Show me your powers again,” he ordered.

The girl held out her hand, and Arik scrutinised the orb that was hovered above her palm. It sparkled and glowed much brighter than yesterday, and it had increased in size, too. Arik frowned. Was this normal for a sorceress? He didn’t know, and if he guessed correctly, neither did anyone else.

“Is something wrong?” the girl asked him.

“No.” He straightened up and pointed to a branch that was on the meadow. “Now, you’re going to move that branch from beside your feet, to in front of me.” He threw the branch down so that it lay next to her feet.

“How do I do that?”

This was going to be hard to explain. How? Moving things had become so easy for Arik that he could do it without even thinking about it. He thought for a while. “Close your eyes.” The girl complied. “Now imagine the meadow. Imagine every single blade of grass, and the branch that’s next to you. Imagine me standing in front of you. Can you see it?”

The girl nodded.

“Okay, now open your eyes, but keep that image in your head. Keep looking at it.”

The girl frowned, but slowly, her eyelids flickered open and Arik could see her honey-coloured eyes glowing bright gold.

“Mentally pick up the stick and place it next to me.” He paused. “Have you done it?”

“Yes.”

Arik looked down and saw the branch was now next to his feet. “Now you can…stop imagining.”

The girl closed her eyes and opened her eyes again, and she shrieked with joy. “Oh, I did it!”

Arik raised an eyebrow, half annoyed and half amused. She was just like a child. “Yes,” he said calmly. “You did. Now move the branch back to your side, but faster. You need to work on speed.”

The girl pursed her lips, but closed her eyes. Arik looked as the stick raised from the ground. Then he yelped as the stick began to whack him on the head.

“What the—” he yelped as he dodged away from the attacking stick. The stick dropped and the girl opened her eyes, laughing. Arik narrowed his eyes.

The girl sighed. “You’re too serious all the time, it’s so boring. It’s like you’re seventy, not…twenty-however-old-you-are.”

Arik smirked. “Actually, I’m a hundred and thirteen years old. And as for me being boring and serious…” he leapt and started tickling her, and she shrieked with laughter.

“Stop, please stop, please…” she begged through fits of laughter, rolling around on the floor.

“I can’t, I’m too busy reliving my childhood.”

Kerri suddenly rolled away. “So you attacked defenceless girls in your childhood?” she asked him, putting her hands on her hips and narrowing his eyes at him.

Arik shrugged. “Yeah.” He stood up again, slightly embarrassed by what he just did. Did he just tickle his trainee? He couldn’t believe he did something that was so highly unprofessional. “Okay, now you’re going to shift,” he muttered, looking away so that the girl couldn’t see his reddened face.

The girl frowned slightly, but got up on her feet. “And how do you do that?”

“The same way you moved that branch, but you’re moving yourself. This is hard, so it’ll probably take you a few tries.”

The girl closed her eyes, and when she opened them again her eyes were glowing gold. Then she took a step forwards, but Arik shook his head.

“No, you wouldn’t have to move physically. At all,” he explained. “Try again.”

After a few tries, the girl let the gold in her eyes die down. “I can’t do it,” she announced.

Arik pursed his lips. How could he show her? If he moved her, then all she would see is him moving an object, which she already knew how to do. If he moved himself…then well, she wouldn’t know what it felt like, because she wouldn’t be included in the process. “Maybe this is too advanced for you,” he concluded after a while. “Let’s try something easier.”

“No, I want to learn how to shift.” The girl stood adamantly. “Finish what you started.”

Arik looked at her. “It’s not my fault you’re not powerful enough.”

“That’s not how I see it.”

“Well, that’s how everybody else sees it.”

“You’re just going to give up like that? You won’t even bother to try?”

Arik thought about it. “Nope.”

“You…bastard.” Her eyes glowed gold and suddenly she was right behind him.

Arik turned around to stare at her, and she stared down at herself. “Oh,” she exclaimed. “I did it.” Then she looked up and narrowed her eyes. “And now, as I was saying…” she leapt towards him.

Arik raised an eyebrow and held up one hand just as the girl was about to land on him, and the girl froze in mid-air. She looked around him. “Damn.”

Arik smirked. “You have so much to learn. A tip: never make rash decisions.” He let her down back onto the ground gently.

The girl pursed her lips. “Can you please teach me how to shift? Please?” She looked pleadingly up at him. She looked so adorable. And so unbelievably sexy.

“Uh, sure,” he answered her, half-dazed. “Well…in order for you to shift, you have to…” Well, in order for him to concentrate, he had to focus and stop gawking at her. He looked away from her abruptly and thought of ways to teach her. “You have to…” He frowned. “Wait a minute; didn’t you shift when you came over to beat me up?”

“Yeah, but I was too angry to know what was going on.”

“Try doing it again…my way. Maybe now that you’ve actually shifted once, your body will know what to do.”

The girl switched into her second vision, and then suddenly, she was gone. Arik looked around him, but she was nowhere in sight. “McCarthy?” he called, still looking around.

He received no response. “McCarthy! Come out here. Right now.” He frowned and checked for Kerri telepathically.

Arik?

Kerri, where on earth are you?

Um, I don’t know.

Arik sighed impatiently. How can you not know?

I don’t know! It...It smells like chocolate in here.

Arik frowned again, closed his eyes and shared her vision so that he could see what she was seeing. shoot. Was she serious? Arik opened his eyes quickly, shifted over to where she was, grabbed Kerri, and shifted them back to the other realm.

“Kerri, what were you thinking shifting yourself to the C.E.?”

“The what?”

Arik sighed impatiently. “The Chocolate Express.”

The girl paled at the name of the company. “I didn’t…I wasn’t…I didn’t.”

“Thank God no one was there, or you wouldn’t be able to get out of there alive unless you were blackmailed by them.”

“But…I didn’t…”

“What were you thinking about when you shifted?”

She reddened. “Ty.”

Who the hell was he? “Who the hell—” he stopped and frowned. “Ty? Your boyfriend?”

“Ex-boyfriend, thanks to you.”

He ignored the jibe. “Why were you thinking about him?”

“Because…he smells like the woods here. Like, all…woodsy.”

Arik raised an eyebrow at the word “woodsy” but otherwise ignored it. Girls these days had the weirdest range of vocabulary. “And you were thinking about him when you just appeared there?”

“Yes.”

Arik’s jaw hardened. “You do understand what that means, right?”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment