Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Betrayed

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 15 - Betrayed

Chapter 15 - Betrayed
“Try doing it again…my way. Maybe now that you’ve actually shifted once, your body will know what to do,” Arik said.

This better work this time. She had never been known as a patient person. Kerri closed her eyes and pictured the map of the forest again. Just as she opened her eyes, there was a breeze rustled through the trees, and the smell of Ty suddenly rushed into her brain. God, she missed him so mu—there was a whoosh of wind, and when Kerri opened her eyes, she found herself in the middle of a place she had never seen before.

“What’s this place? Where’s Arik?” she looked around frantically. She looked around. It was like a factory, there was machinery everywhere. “What the hell?” She thought of calling for help, but there didn’t look like there’d be anybody to answer her anyway, so she kept quiet. She suddenly remembered that she could use that telepathy thing.

Arik?

Kerri, where on earth are you? Arik’s voice was urgent.

Kerri looked around. She had no idea where she was. Um, I don’t know.

He sighed. How can you not know?

I don’t know! Kerri looked around frantically. Then she frowned. Why did it...did it smell like...she sniffed. Yep. Definitely. It...It smells like chocolate in here.

She felt something weird going on behind her eyes, as if someone had gone to her brain and they were seeing what she was seeing together. Which was sort of weird, if not very.

Then suddenly, Arik appeared next to her, grabbed her and shifted them back to the other realm.

“Kerri, what the hell were you thinking shifting yourself to the C.E.?”

Kerri frowned. “The what?”

He sighed. “The Chocolate Express.”

Kerri paled. She was there? In that horrible…chocolate factory? “I didn’t…I wasn’t…I didn’t.”

“Thank God no one was there, or you wouldn’t be able to get out of there alive unless you were blackmailed by them.”

“But…I didn’t…”

“What were you thinking about when you shifted?”

Kerri blushed. “Ty.”

“Who the hell—” he stopped and frowned. “Ty? Your boyfriend?”

Kerri glared at him. “Ex-boyfriend, thanks to you.”

“Why were you thinking about him?”

Kerri blushed again. “Because…he smells like the woods here. Like, all…woodsy.”

“And you were thinking about him when you just appeared there?”

“Yes.”

Arik’s jaw hardened. “You do understand what that means, right?”

Kerri stared at him. “Uh, not really.”

Arik looked at her. “Your boyfriend works for the C.E.,” he said slowly, as if teaching a three-year-old how to read.

Kerri’s eyes widened. “What?”

“You heard me.”

“But…but that means…he…” Kerri trailed off. “What does that mean?”

Arik rolled his eyes. “It means that he was trying to get close to you so that he could bring you back to the C.E.”

The pieces finally began to fit together. “So…you mean that our...we, that we were …never…real?”

Arik shrugged. “Pretty much.”

The realisation hit her like a twenty-ton truck, and tears filled her eyes. The fact that Ty never loved her made her want to break down and cry until she died.

It also made her so freaking angry.

How could he do this to her? How could he just…use her? She thought that he was different than other men. But obviously, all men were the same. Kerri could feel anger build up in her.

“Kerri?” Arik looked at her. “Kerri, you may…want to calm down a little.”

Kerri glared at him. “Why would I want to do that? That bastard…used me!” Suddenly, magic whirled through her and thunder struck through the sky. She looked up. “Huh, talk about pathetic fallacy.”

Arik stared at her. “Uh, Kerri, I don’t think it’s pathetic fallacy. You caused the thunder.”

Kerri raised an eyebrow. “I know I’m a sorceress and all, but I don’t think I’m that powerful.”

Arik shook his head. “Kerri, you caused the thunder.”

And he knew that how? “Prove it.”

“Well, for instance, when I told you to calm down, your eyes weren’t their usual colour—”

“What do you mean their usual colour?”

“You know how your eyes are an amber-y kind of colour? Well, when you were freaking out, they were pure, solid black. And after the thunder came, the black just…disappeared.”

Whoa. She looked down at herself. It sort of scared her that she was so powerful. “Wow.”

“Let’s go, it’s starting to rain.” Arik grabbed her by the arm and led her back to the human realm.

Kerri followed Arik back to their flat, still in a daze. First she found out that Ty never loved her, and then she found out that she was powerful enough to control the weather. She needed to calm down a little. Maybe drink a soda.

Or maybe some cyanide.

And she thought he was going to propose to her. How stupid was she? He was probably waiting to whisk her off and make her one of them. She was so grateful that Arik had decided to capture her just in time before Ty did.

“Wait,” Arik said, frowning as he turned around. “Did you say your boyfriend smelled…’woodsy’?”

Kerri glared at him. “Ex-boyfriend. And yes.”

Arik bit his lip. “I…uh…don’t know how to tell you this.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Just tell me.”

“But…you won’t like it.”

“Oh for God’s sake, Arik, just spit it out.” Maybe then after that he would leave her alone to sulk in peace.

“Your boyfriend…uh, I mean ex-boyfriend…is…well, he’s a werewolf.”

Kerri stared at him. This was too much. She couldn’t even muster up the energy to say “What?!” She was just…she couldn’t cope. She’d been in love with a werewolf? She’d…live with him, she’d made out with him, she’d…she shuddered. She’d slept with him. Ew. She had slept with…an animal. Was he even qualified to be an animal? She sat down on the floor to where she had been standing. She couldn’t…it was just…she couldn’t deal with this. This was too much. Way, way too much. How was she supposed to—

Arik spoke softly, interrupting her train of thought. “Kerri, maybe you should…lie down for a bit.”

She barely heard him. She had been living with a werewolf which was about to abduct her to make her a slave in a chocolate factory. If someone had told her that a month ago, she’d have laughed her head off. She certainly didn’t feel like laughing now.

Arik knelt down beside her. “Kerri, I know it’s hard for you to take, but…” he trailed off. “I think we both know that there’s nothing for me to say that can possibly make you feel better. It hurts, I know. But try to get over it.” He paused. “Just like I am,” he added quietly, his voice breaking on the last word. He stood up abruptly and disappeared into the bathroom.

That got Kerri’s attention. Try to get over it, just like he was? Was his ex-girlfriend a werewolf who was about to enslave him? She got up quietly and sneaked to the bathroom, and she could hear him crying silently. Well, not exactly hear, because if he was crying silently, she wouldn’t be able to hear him. She wished there was another word to describe what he was doing. The words crying, sobbing or weeping made him sound like a wimp. Which he wasn’t. Even men could cry sometimes. It was nothing to be ashamed of.

She could see him, his back to the door, his shoulders heaving and him gasping for breath. Huh, it was nice to know that he actually had a soft side.

Well, he certainly didn’t seem like he’d gotten over it. But hey, who was she to judge? She wondered whether she should go over and give him a hug. Hell, he needed one more than she did. But he’d probably look at her like she was some kind of weird bug.

Oh, what the hell, the worst thing he could do was kill her.

She slipped into the bathroom to where he was standing. His back was still to her, and he had stopped crying, but his breathing was still jagged.

Here goes. She pressed the side of her face against his back gently, her arms reaching around his lean, taut body—she almost fainted, she was so nervous—and hugged him gently.

He didn’t respond, and she was just about to pull away when he placed a hand on her forearm and sighed quietly. So she stayed where she was. Hell, she wasn’t going to be the one to break this moment.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment