Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - The Point

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 16 - The Point

Chapter 16 - The Point
Arik was surprised when the girl came up behind him and hugged him. Did she see him crying? He could sense her starting to pull away, so he put a hand on her arm. It was comforting to share their sorrows together. Kind of sappy, but still comforting. He never saw the point when his previous girlfriends kept telling him to tell them more about himself, what he was thinking, what he did that day, what was bugging him. It annoyed the hell out of him, even when Sitara did it. But now he could sort of see the point, even though technically, they weren’t sharing anything because they weren’t talking.

They stayed there in that position for a while, neither of them saying anything. Eventually, he pulled away reluctantly.

“Thank you,” he said softly, turning around to look at her. “I needed that.”

“I know,” she said, walking up to the sink and filling her cup with water and squeezing toothpaste onto her toothbrush.

Just like that. “I know”? Why did she have to say that? Not “you’re welcome”, or “no problem”, or “don’t worry about it”, but “I know”. He shook his head. She was one of the most confusing and mysterious females he had ever met. It made her more alluring than ever. He joined her at the sink to brush his teeth.

“Arik?” she had finished brushing her teeth now, and was about to wash her face.

“Yeah?”

She wet a face towel. “Where’s Drake’s place?”

“Right down the corridor. Why?”

“Nothing. Just curious.” She rubbed at her face vigorously with the face towel and flung it down onto the counter afterwards. “See you in the bedroom,” she said before vanishing into the next room.

Arik pushed away the thoughts that appeared in his mind when she said that last sentence. How could he even think about things like that? Especially when just less than ten minutes ago he was thinking about Sitara. His jaw hardened and he forced himself to take deep breaths. She was gone. She had been for the past three years. Get over it. He splashed cold water onto his face before turning off the light and closing the bathroom door behind him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment