Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Chased

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 22 - Chased

Chapter 22 - Chased
“But we can’t just stay here!” the girl cried. “It stinks!”

Arik looked at her condescendingly. Girls. “Again, you might want to reconsider whether the smell matters that much when you life is in danger.”

“Whatever. I’m getting out of here.” She closed her eyes and disappeared.

shoot. Was she for real? “McCarthy!” He shouted, hoping fervently that she had mastered the art of becoming invisible. “McCarthy! Damn.”

“I’ll go look for her, sir.” Joshua spoke for the first time since he had come down into the sewer.

“No,” Arik waved a hand above him and a hole appeared above them. “I’ll go. Stay here until this is over.” He had no intention of letting Joshua die looking for that girl. He splayed his fingers and let the air boost him up and out of the hole, leaving Joshua alone in the dark sewer.

He looked around him, saw that there was nobody else and hid himself behind a bush. That girl was going to be the death of him. He closed his eyes, let the magic swirl in him and shared her vision. She was in a residential building, and she was running.

“Where are you?” He murmured, feeling slightly dizzy as she twisted and turned into another corridor, still running. “Why are you running?” There was no way he could find her, all the corridors looked quite the same. He sighed irritably and read her mind.

Must ... keep ... running. Is ... that man ... still chasing ... me? Yes, yes he is. I can...hear him. shoot, what am I ... supposed to ... do? Maybe ... shouldn’t have ... shifted. Oh God, he’s catching up.

Arik groaned. There was a man chasing her, and she’s tired, panting, and she’s running slower while he’s gaining on her. He was extremely tempted to let her keep running and teach her a lesson, but he didn’t want to die young.

McCarthy, where are you?

I’m...fine. Leave...me...alone, she panted.

You’re a fantastically horrible liar. Where are you?

Don’t...know. Honest.

So you shifted to a random residential building without knowing where this building was?

I’m...in a...residential...building?

This girl was insane. Yes. Can you shift yourself back into the garden?

Can’t...stop to...calm...down. Someone’s...chasing me.

You know he’s going to catch up to you, right?

Can’t you just...shift here...and kill him...or something?

I can’t do that if I don’t know where you are exactly.

She swore violently. I just...ran past...a...coffee machine...if that helps.

Oh, you have no idea, he thought sarcastically, thinking back to all the coffee machines in the different residential buildings. Each floor in each residential building had a coffee machine, that is, except for the human residential building. Do you know which floor you’re on?

The...fourth, I think. And I just ran past...a toilet. And it stinks.

Am I supposed to know which toilet stinks? Arik demanded impatiently, but he reckoned that she was in the trainee residential building. The toilets in the humans’ living quarters weren’t as fancy while the toilets in the trainers’ living quarters were fancier. He closed his eyes and shifted to the toilet, wishing fervently that he was in the right one.

There were two sets of running footsteps: one was getting further away and one getting closer. Bingo. He slipped out of the toilet, and ran before the man could see him.

He had always been a fast runner, and with the girl getting tired, he caught up to her easily. “You’re insane, you know that?” He spat at her.

“I’ll argue...that point when...my life’s...not in...danger.”

He grabbed her arm. “Stop panting so I can concentrate enough to shift.”

“So...you’re saying...that I should...stop breathing...so that you...can save...my life. The irony.”

He pursed his lips and stopped just after a turn, still gripping her arm so that she almost fell onto the floor.

“What are you doing?” she whispered to him fiercely.

He shrugged. “We can’t run forever. If I can’t shift us, then we’ll just have to fight him.”

“Correction,” she snapped at him, still panting a little. “You’re going...to fight him. I...don’t know how...to fight.”

“This guy must be powerful to be given the job of capturing a sorceress.” He looked her up and down. With sweat dripping off her face and her hair all over the place, she certainly didn’t look like a sorceress. “Of course, I’m powerful too,” he continued, receiving an eye roll from the girl. “But I used up some magic while looking for you, so...” he trailed off while the running footsteps got louder and louder. He held the girl against the wall and motioned for her to be quiet.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment