Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 25 - Finding a Babysitter

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 25 - Finding a Babysitter

Chapter 25 - Finding a Babysitter
He smirked. That’s because your intelligence is of no match to mine.

She pursed her lips—a habit that she’d obviously taken up from him. Then she jammed her elbow down. Hard.

The pain was excruciating. He hunched up over in pain and rolled to the side, accidentally pushing the girl off the bed. She crashed onto the floor, probably landing on the broken drawer again.

When she climbed back onto the bed, even a blind person could’ve seen smoke steaming out of her ears. He had to laugh at the look on her face. You brought it on yourself, he choked out when the laughter subsided and the pain took over.

Move over. You’re hogging the bed.

Arik pursed his lips. No one orders me—

She kicked him in the stomach. I said, move over.

I’ll be gracious.
He relented, finally curling up over and giving in to the pain.

She snorted. Like that’s going to happen. She climbed into bed next to him, yawning. Well, what do you know? That made me tired.

He groaned, still clutching at where it hurt. And that made me suffer.

She grinned and pulled the blankets around her. Goodnight.

He shook his head. This girl was impossible.

***

When he woke up in the morning, the space next to him was empty. He stretched his arms, yawned, and headed towards the bathroom. When he opened the door, he saw that the girl was brushing her teeth.

“Morning,” she greeted him through a mouthful of toothpaste and foam.

“Morning.” He joined her up at the sink.

She started to say something to him, but then realised that she didn’t make sense talking through a mouthful of foam so she spat into the sink. “How’s your…uh…” she trailed off, smirking and gesturing his crotch area.

He scowled at her. “It’s fine. Fine enough to not talk about it.”

“Really? Because if you do want to talk about it, I can always—”

“I do not want to talk about it,” he said through gritted teeth.

She shrugged. “Okay.” She rinsed her mouth. “What are we going to do today?”

“I’m going to help rebuild the buildings that have been destroyed. With magic. You’re going to spend the day with the other trainees.”

“How about the humans?”

“Oh, they’ll help us as well.”

“So…I’m going to spend the day with Carter?”

Arik raised an eyebrow. “I’m sure he’d be more than glad to have your company.”

The girl nodded thoughtfully, gargling her mouth with water one more time and wiping her mouth with a face towel. “I need something to wear,” she said.

“Unfortunately, the fashion department has been destroyed, so you’ll have to wear what you have on now.” When he saw the look on her face, he had to hide his smile. “Don’t worry,” he comforted her. “A lot of people will be wearing similar things. Besides, you should feel lucky. You’re not the one who has to wear the t-shirt.”

The girl broke into a smile. “Are you seriously going to wear it?”

“What choice do I have? Unless you want to switch shirts with me…” He looked at her pleadingly.

“Hell no.”

“Didn’t think so.” He headed out into the bedroom and started pulling the jeans he was wearing the day before and after a grimace, he put the t-shirt on.

The girl dissolved into laughter when she came out and saw him in it. “I bet they kept that shirt in one piece just for you to wear,” she said.

He rolled his eyes. “Come on, I’ll take you to Carter’s.”

He took her hand and shifted over to the trainee’s building, where the trainees could be seen everywhere relaxing and finally having a day off.

“Why don’t they need to help?” the girl asked him.

“Because if they’re not fully trained, then they might cause accidents. Besides, they deserve a day off every now and then.” He caught sight of Carter. “Hey, Carter!” he called.

Carter turned and strode towards them, a grin on his face. “Hey Kerri, hey Rick. What are you two doing here?”

“Well,” Arik said while the girl was looking around her new surroundings. “I need to help reconstruct the buildings, so I was hoping that you might be able to take care of this one for a day.”

The girl spun around. “Take care? Take care? I don’t need a babysitter.”

He smirked. “You could’ve fooled me.”

He shifted away before she could get her hands on him.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KokoroTsuki24 on April 21, 2009, 9:29:45 AM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24lol. funny