Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - Painting Fun

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 27 - Painting Fun

Chapter 27 - Painting Fun
“So, how’re things with your Cinderella?” Drake asked him, bored, as he flicked his wrists and a couple of bricks flew over to repair a hole that was in the wall.

Arik raised an eyebrow as he made circling motions with his fingers and cement poured into the cracks in the ground. “Mandy’s fine.”

Drake threw a brick at him and Arik ducked as the brick crashed through a window. Their heads snapped up at the sound of breaking glasses and exchanged a look before smothering their laughter.

“What was that for?” Arik asked Drake as he held up a hand and the brick flew back into his hand. “It could’ve hit me.”

“That was the idea,” Drake replied dryly as he flicked his fingers upwards and the glass reconstructed itself.

“Why?”

“Because I wasn’t asking about the dumb sister. I was asking about Cinderella.”

“And who’s that?” Arik asked him, dreading the answer.

Drake flicked him on the head. “Don’t give me that shoot.”

Arik sighed. “Nothing, okay? Nothing happened. I don’t know why you’re making such a big deal out of it.”

“Because you two are true loves! Duh.”

Arik dropped the brick at the word “true loves” and the brick crashed onto his foot. He gave out a yelp. “We are not true—”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I’ve heard all that before.” Drake dismissed Arik’s protests.

Arik shot him a look. “Yeah, about Sitara. And look how that turned out.”

Drake raised his hands in mock surrender and the pile of bricks he was shifting fell at his feet. “Ooh, someone’s getting defensive.”

Arik raised a hand and the pile of bricks rose up into the air. “Defend this, smartass.” He flicked his wrist and the bricks hurtled towards Drake, who laughed and snapped his fingers. The bricks crashed down onto the floor.

A general came around the corner to see what was going on, and Drake and Arik immediately started to recover a nearby hole in the wall, trying not to laugh.

“Come on,” Drake hissed. “You’ve got to give me something.”

“No, I don’t.” Arik waved his hand over a part of the wall and the cracks closed up.

“Yes, you do. Or I’ll dye all your underwear pink.” Drake clicked his fingers and the brush dipped itself into white paint and started repainting the walls. “You know I can do it. And you know I will.”

Arik sighed. “We shared a bed, okay?”

The brush dropped from the wall and fell into the can of paint, spraying white paint over the two of them, although Drake didn’t seem to care.

“And?” he asked Arik, who was busy wiping paint from his mouth.

“And nothing,” Arik spluttered, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. “This paint tastes like shoot.”

“Nothing my left @$$. Tell me.”

“Nothing, I swear.”

“Come on, you guys hugged when you were crying about your ex-girlfriend, but you didn’t do anything when you shared a bed together?”

Arik shushed him. “Not so loud. I’d get in trouble with the boss. And you know how the walls have ears around here,” he hissed, darting a look at the general, who glared back at him. “And no, nothing happened.” He made a fluid motion with his hands, rebuilding the wall. “Well, I hugged her. But only to keep her warm, because she was shivering.”

“And?”

“And she jammed her elbow into my family jewels.”

Drake winced. “Ouch. Why?”

“Because I said she was stupid.”

“I’m gay, and even I know that the best way to get into a girl’s pants is to…” he paused to throw a brick at Arik, “NEVER CALL HER STUPID!” he screamed at him.

“Well then that’s fine then, because I’m NOT trying to get into her pants!” Arik shouted back at him.

They both stopped and quietly resumed their work when they realised everybody around them was staring at them.

“Why did you shout so loud? Now everybody heard,” Arik hissed at him.

“Excuse me, but you weren’t exactly whispering yourself.”

Arik smirked. “This is the trouble with having a gay friend.”

Drake, with a deadpan look on his face, picked up the bucket of paint, walked calmly over to Arik, then suddenly growled and dumped the bucket of paint onto his head.

Arik cursed and flipped him off before shifting off to check on Kerri.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment