Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 31 - Giving in to Temptation

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 31 - Giving in to Temptation

Chapter 31 - Giving in to Temptation
Arik shook his head but smiled despite himself as a gleam entered the girl’s eyes and she leapt towards the bag of clothes. Girls.

He watched her as she sorted through the clothes, giving off squeals of delight whenever she saw something she liked and making a face whenever she saw something she didn’t.

“I’m going to go take a shower,” she announced, pulling a t-shirt, a pair of shorts and clean underwear out of the bag. She bounded happily towards the bathroom. She poked her head out of the bathroom five seconds later.

“I don’t usually act like a hyper puppy,” she said with a straight face. “It’s just that I’ve got beautiful new clothes!” She disappearing into the bathroom and cheered before slamming the door shut.

Arik cracked up laughing.

The door opened and the girl stuck her head out again. “If you laugh at me one more time, I will kill you,” she rasped with a fake accent and cackled before slamming the door shut.

Arik slapped a hand over his mouth stop himself from bursting out in laughter, because he wasn’t too sure whether she meant it, and he really didn’t want to test it.

***

The girl held up a skirt.

“Isn’t this gorgeous?” she asked, twirling around the room with it. “This must be the prettiest—” she trailed off when something caught her eye.

“Oh. My. God.” She dropped the skirt onto the floor and rushed over to where he was sitting on the bed. He had set out the dress on the bed as a surprise for her when she was in the shower. The dress was a dark emerald green, with sequins and beads decorated all over them. It came down to about her knees. She held it up by its thin straps.

“This is beautiful,” she breathed. She held it up against her and turned to him. “Isn’t this beautiful?”

“Beautiful,” he murmured. She really was so very beautiful.

A gold blaze flared up in her eyes when she realised he wasn’t talking about the dress and she turned away from him to hang the dress up in the closet.

He stopped himself from going after her. It would be extremely unprofessional, he chided himself.

She laughed derisively from in the closet. I’d say.

Damn. What are you doing in here?

I don’t know. It was like a broadcast.

A broadcast?

Yeah. Like you were talking to me with the telepathic bond thing.


He switched off from the conversation. “Right. I’m going to brush my teeth. Are you coming?”

“I already brushed my teeth.”

He closed the bathroom door behind him.

Drake, Arik called while filling his glass with water and squeezing toothpaste onto his toothbrush.

Hey, Rick. Well?

Well what?

Did you guys…you know.

No.
Arik started brushing his teeth vigorously.

Don’t lie to me.

I’m not.

Fine. Then what’s up?

I just…the girl just heard what I was thinking. Without me wanting her to.

You’re going to have to learn to control your thoughts around your True Love.


Arik choked. She is not my… he broke off from his sentence to spit into the sink and sighed. So maybe she is. But still. Why can she hear me?

I bet it’s the kiss that did it. You guys kind of joined when you kissed, so she has access to parts of your mind, and vice versa. And did you just admit that she’s your True Love?

I said she may be my True Love, not that she was.

Well, that’s one step closer to the obvious and one step further away from your delusion.


Arik pursed his lips before spitting into the sink again and rinsed his mouth with water. If you were standing next to me right now, I would kill you.

Well, that’s why I’m not
, Drake announced cheerfully. Good luck with your lady. Tell me if anything…intimate happens. He rang off.
Arik muttered dire threats to Drake before heading into the bedroom.

The girl had let down her hair so that it fell in waves across her shoulders and down her back, curls framing her face. She turned at the sound of the bathroom door opening to look at him and she grinned.

“Were you inside doing something extremely unprofessional, then?” she asked, smirking as he walked up towards her.

“No, but I’m about to.” He took her face in his hands and kissed her.

She gasped, put her hands on his shoulders and pushed him back. “What are you doing?” she asked him, narrowing her eyes.

“I think it’s called giving in to temptation.” He pulled away. “I’m sorry if—”

“Come back here.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment