Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 35 - Breakup and Makeup

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 35 - Breakup and Makeup

Chapter 35 - Breakup and Makeup
She narrowed her eyes. There’s something you’re not telling me.

He feigned innocence. “Like what?”

“What did you talk to the boss about?”

“About…” he trailed off, but she heard it first from his head.

You.

She raised an eyebrow. “Why were you two talking about me?”

Arik worked his jaw a few times. “Nothing. It was like…a progress report thing.”

You must be the crappiest liar I have ever seen in my life.

It’s hard to lie to you.


Kerri looked into his eyes. “Why were you two talking about me?” she asked again, a little forcefully.

He licked his lips. “Uh…we were…I wanted to…see whether he’d give you…another trainer.”

Her mouth dropped. “What? Why?”

“I…” he bit his lip. “I can’t take the responsibility, the burden.”

Kerri’s jaw hardened. “Is that what I am to you? Responsibility? Burden?”

Arik obviously realised that he was in deep water. Deep, boiling hot water. “No, of course not,” he hastily explained. “It’s not like that. I just…I can’t—”

She shook her head lightly. “I’m…a burden to you.” I cannot believe you just said that to my face. I think I prefer you when you’re lying. She turned away from him.

Kerri…you know I didn’t mean it like that.

She didn’t reply. “How could he do this to me?” she thought, careful to shield her thoughts from him. “I know I haven’t known him for very long, maybe like a week or two, but still…how could he do this to me?”

Kerri…please. He slid an arm around her, and she tried to wriggle her way free, but he held on tight. She considered jamming her elbow down again, but he must have seen that coming, because the arm that was holding her to him shifted so that she couldn’t move her arm at all. He pressed a kiss into her hair, smelling the sweet scent of her shampoo.

He kissed a sensitive spot that she didn’t know she had behind her ear. You’re a responsibility to me because I have to control myself around you and I have to act responsible and stop myself from jumping you every chance I get. She stopped herself from grinning at the word jumping.

He dropped a kiss on the side of her neck. You’re a burden to me because I can’t think straight when I’m around you. You’ve seen what you can make me do this morning in the dining hall. I’m going to have to carry that around for…well, forever.

He brushed his lips up and down her jaw line. I wanted to get you a new trainer because I’m afraid that I won’t be able to act professionally around you when we train, and I don’t want to be the reason why you can’t receive the best training, because I want the best for you.

He suddenly shifted so that he was on top of her, making her gasp, putting most of his weight onto his arms so that he wouldn’t squish her. Kerri looked into his eyes and was momentarily lost in a raging sea of sparkling emerald.

“Well,” Kerri said grudgingly, putting her arms around his neck. “Since you put it that way…”

He chuckled and lowered himself down to kiss her gently before burying his head into her neck and making her laugh.

“Do you forgive me?” he murmured, his warm breath tickling her neck.

She slid her hands from his neck and ran her hands through his jet-black hair. “You’re on probation.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment