Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 36 - Trouble...With a Capital T

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 36 - Trouble...With a Capital T

Chapter 36 - Trouble...With a Capital T
Arik looked at Kerri, who was sleeping peacefully in his arms. So beautiful. So gorgeous. So perfect. So…well, his. And he wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

Well, Channing, long time no see, a snide voice that Arik dreaded sounded in his head.

Arik gritted his teeth. What do you want?

Oh, I think you know who I want.


Arik’s tightened instantly around Kerri. You’re not getting her. Never.

Why not? Are you going to mourn another loss over another True Love?

Stay away from her. Stay away from me. Stay away from all of us. It’s your funeral if you don’t.

I’ll be the judge of that,
the voice said coolly. The only reason I’m calling is so that I could give you a chance to wake your little lovely up to say goodbye.

Arik fought the urge to kill something. You know, it really surprises me how extreme hate can link someone together telepathically.

I must be special.

frack off.

Or what? Are you going to cry until the next one comes along?

frack. Off.


The voice laughed. Remember, this may be your last chance to ever talk to her again. Say your goodbyes, Channing.

You’ll never have her. Not even after hell freezes over.

Enjoy those last few moments with your lady love.
The voice rang off.

Arik closed his eyes and rested his head against the wall. This wasn’t happening. Not again. He couldn’t let it happen again. With Sitara, he just about survived her loss. With Kerri…well, he’d kill himself if he lost her.

Drake!

Jesus, Arik, it’s three in the morning.

It’s…Woodland.

There was a pause. Not again.

Oh yes.

I’ll get Carter. Where’s Kerri?

Asleep. He says he’s going to come for her.


Drake shifted into the room, followed by Carter.

“What are we going to do?” Arik asked them, his arms around Kerri, who was still sleeping peacefully. “I can’t…I can’t lose her.” He kissed her hair. “I can’t.”

“Well, we could tell the boss,” suggested Carter.

“No,” Drake and Arik answered simultaneously. “This is personal,” Arik added.

“Then we should probably wake her,” Carter said. “After all, this is about her.”

Arik looked down at Kerri. She stirred and nestled closer to him. He bit his lip. He couldn’t lose her. Not now, not ever.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment