Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 42 - As The Knife Meets Its Doom...

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 42 - As The Knife Meets Its Doom...

Chapter 42 - As The Knife Meets Its Doom...
Arik had to admit that he was surprised when she kissed him. He also had to admit that he was surprised that he had mentioned marriage. Not that he wanted to. He was supposed to be one of the most famous unattached guys in the company. Or infamous. Whichever. Well-known.

He never thought about any of that stuff. Even when he was with Sitara. It just…slipped out of his mouth. He didn’t even know he had said it until Kerri froze and pushed him away.

Can we please ditch this dinner? He asked her.

Weren’t you the one who told me that I had to be there? Come on, let’s go back.

Do we really have to?
He groaned as she dragged him back to the dining room, trying to get in as inconspicuously as possible.

***

Fifteen minutes later, Arik watched as Kerri got to know the people. He tensed up when Colin Denver started chatting her up.

“Arik.” Someone shook him. “Arik.”

“Hm?” he mumbled, distracted.

“You might want to let go of the knife now,” Drake said, gently prising the mangled piece of metal which vaguely resembled a knife out of Arik’s hand.

Arik smiled sheepishly. “Sorry.” He took the misshapen knife from Drake and dropped it under the table. “I was…distracted.”

“Because the one of the hottest unattached guys in the company is flirting with your girlfriend?”

Arik pursed his lips. “Trust a good friend like you to try to take my mind off things.”

Drake was staring at Denver now. “I don’t know why I’ve never stared at him before,” he said dreamily.

Arik made a face. “Please. No. Not you too. Just…no.”

Drake continued to gaze dreamily at Denver, and Arik rolled his eyes, trying to concentrate on his dinner, picking at his food and wondering how he was supposed to cut through his steak without a knife.

As he stabbed absentmindedly at his steak, the thought of fighting Woodland suddenly appeared in his mind. He sat up straighter, immediately alert. Tomorrow night. Tomorrow night, he was going to have a chance to finally take him down. And he was going to take that chance. He was never going to let him hurt Kerri. Never.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment