Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 43 - The Boss Knows?!

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 43 - The Boss Knows?!

Chapter 43 - The Boss Knows?!
“So,” Colin said, noticing the ring on Kerri’s finger. “You’re engaged? Congratulations. Who’s the lucky guy?”

Kerri blushed. “Oh. This…I’m…I’m not engaged.”

Colin nodded understandingly. “You're one of those deluded ones, eh?”

Kerri laughed and swatted his arm. “It’s…kind of a long story.”

“I have time.”

“I…I was in the fashion department earlier today when I saw this ring. I guess I kind of just…fell in love with it.”

He nodded again. “That’s what all my exes used to say when they wanted me to buy them something.”

Kerri grinned. “Anyway, I took it and then I put it in my clutch and I just kind of forgot about it. Until this really desperate guy slash loser sitting next to me named Clive started asking me out and tried to feel me up. So I kind of slipped on the ring and said I was engaged.”

“I see. And did he ask who you were engaged to?”

Kerri nodded, biting her lip. “Yeah.”

He raised an eyebrow, amused. “So what did you say?”

“Uh, Arik…happened to be around. And he kind of…volunteered.”

“Arik? Arik Channing?”

“Yeah.”

Colin held up both hands, as if surrendering. “You’re engaged to Arik Channing?”

Kerri rolled her eyes. “No. Well…no.”

He relaxed a little. “And…do you have any kind of…intimate relationship with him?”

She blushed again. “That,” she said, dropping the ring back into her clutch, “is none of your business.”

Colin grinned. “I think I should probably leave now.”

“What? Why?”

“Arik and I…we…don’t tend to mix and share our conquests. Although we always end up with the same ones. We both have good taste, I suppose. It didn’t really go down that well for me last time.”

“Sitara?”

“Yep.”

Kerri nodded understandingly. “Maybe you should go. I’ll go over and comfort him; he’s looking quite upset, isn’t he?”

He tipped his head to one side thoughtfully. “He’s a bit red in the face. Do you think it’s the jealousy or the wine?”

Kerri laughed. “I’ll see you around. Oh, and by the way,” she called over her shoulder as she headed towards Arik. “Never refer to me as a flipping conquest.”

“Hey,” she said, sitting down next to Arik.

“Thank God you’re here,” Drake said, sighing in mock relief. “Arik was about to bend his fork out of shape as well.”

Arik shot him a glare and placed the fork sheepishly back on the table. “Hey.”

“What’s up with the cutlery bending?”

“I, uh…” he trailed off, going red in the face.

“He was jealous because Denver was flirting with you,” Drake said helpfully, receiving another glare from Arik.

Kerri grinned. “Aw. Ricky’s jealous.”

Arik raised an eyebrow. What did you just call me?

I had a sudden urge to imitate Mandy for a while, honey, she thought, accenting on the endearment just as Mandy had done.

If we weren’t in public, I’d slap you.

If we weren’t in public, you’d be doing a lot of other things.


Amusement toyed with Arik’s mouth as he looked away from her and calmly ate some broccoli.

“So, Drake,” Kerri said, trying her best to ignore the images that Arik was projecting into her head. “I haven’t talked to you for a while. Anything interesting?”

Drake’s eyes widened in excitement as he beckoned Kerri over impatiently. She went to sit down next to him.

“I’ve found the most amazing guy,” he whispered excitedly.

“Aw, really? Good for you. What’s he like?”

“I don’t know, but…I really like him.”

“Ooh. And have you ever felt this way about any other guy?”

“Almost never. Almost.”

She hugged him. “That’s good. That’s very good. Congratulations, Drakey.”

For the rest of the night, Arik and Drake introduced her to the most important people of the Sterling—Kerri realised that Carter was nowhere to be found, as was Mel. Good for them. She also realised that Joshua wasn’t there.

“Where’s Joshua?” she asked Arik.

Arik shrugged. “Humans…weren’t invited.”

Kerri frowned. “That’s not fair. They’re the ones who work the hardest.”

Arik shrugged again. “Life’s not fair, Kerri. It’s just…that’s the way it is.”

“Didn’t you ever try to make it fair again, then?”

“A few times, but I took the hint when my mother glared at me and very nicely told me to piss off and stop bothering her.”

“Your mother?”

“She’s the boss’ secretary.”

“That wasn’t very nice of her.”

“She isn’t a very nice person.”

“And I thought I was the one with the screwed up family.”

“You have no idea.” He slid an arm around her waist. Come on, let’s go.

Go where?

Somewhere. Anywhere. Just out of here. Preferably somewhere secluded.


Kerri was about to suggest their room—oh, the originality of it all—when she noticed the boss coming their way. She quickly pushed Arik away, trying not to laugh as he stumbled all over the place to regain his balance.

“Channing, what are you doing?”

Arik straightened up immediately. “I slipped, sir.”

“I see,” the boss replied flatly. “I have a suggestion for you two.”

“Yes, sir?” they asked simultaneously.

“I suggest you two find out whether you’re two True Loves. If yes, then register so that you can officially be known as True Loves. You may regret it if you don’t, what with the things that are happening tomorrow night that I’m not supposed to know anything about.” He turned abruptly away from them after having the satisfaction of watching their jaws drop.

We’re kind of screwed, aren’t we? Kerri asked as they watched their boss disappear into the crowd.

Kerri, don’t be ridiculous. We aren’t kind of screwed. We’re screwed big time.

So what do we do?

Publicly display our affection? After all, he already knows.


She swatted his arm. Shut up. What are we going to do?

Kerri, there’s nothing we can do. Except find out whether we’re True Loves.

But that would involve—oh, just say you want sex.


He bent down to kiss her. I want sex.

She pulled him away from the dining room. Let’s go then.

A look of surprise crossed Arik’s face. Really? But…I thought you—

I changed my mind.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KokoroTsuki24 on May 31, 2009, 1:29:33 PM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24hahaha... interesting... luff the ending! very... intriguing shall we say? lolz. and i like the part where shes trying to ignore the images. that was so funny! oh and was drake talking about the Denver dude? and lets see... oh yeah! i think you meant Drake beckoned her IMpatiently. 'case you wanna fix that. oh and the boss part was funny. and the part where she imitates Mandy. oh and i seriously laughed out loud when i realized what the title for the knife chapter meant! that was funny!ok im done... i think... XD

xxnataxx on May 31, 2009, 7:08:13 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxlol omg did i write patiently? lol if i did i'll change it to impatiently...thxx for that lol
oh i havent heard from you in a while...how are you?
xx

KokoroTsuki24 on June 1, 2009, 10:41:21 AM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24fine fine thx for asking. and im doing pretty good. except im am SO not appreciating my parents right now! theyre making me clean something like every day! and today i got stuck helping clean the backyard, garage, breezeway, and den! and im currently supposed to be cleaning the kitchen. DX oh yeah and im sick. ive come down with SOMETHING. i just dont know what it is. all in all it just doesnt feel like break. but i am gong to Cali in a week! thats something to look forward to at least... :>

xxnataxx on June 1, 2009, 8:06:31 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxugh. i hate doing chores...
oooh sounds fun...i wish i could go too...

KokoroTsuki24 on June 2, 2009, 4:08:16 AM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24they are the worst. at least today i only have to do the microwave and fridge. :3 (looking on the bright side XD)
and yeah im going to visit my aunt and were staying for like a week. i cant wait!
oh do u like my new avatar? i was getting tired of the orange and this pic has always been my fave.

xxnataxx on June 2, 2009, 4:15:59 AM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxsame here. i used to really like the sunset...however, i'm starting to think there's a bit too much pink in there...i'm more fond of the colour orange now...

KokoroTsuki24 on June 2, 2009, 4:23:30 AM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24lolz. ill change it when i find something more suitable to ur taste. *giggles* whats ur fave color? ill see if i have something. ;D

xxnataxx on June 2, 2009, 4:25:33 AM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxlol nah it's fine. oh btw uploading a chapter...xx