Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 53 - So That's The Way It's Going To Be

After getting kidnapped, girl finds herself in world where the supernatural exist and to find that she's not human, but a sorceress
I don't have a title for my story yet
Be harsh on the comments y'all cos i'm thinking of getting this published
x

Chapter 53 - So That's The Way It's Going To Be

Chapter 53 - So That's The Way It's Going To Be
Kerri cried so hard last night after hearing Arik’s thoughts she was hysterical. Even magic couldn’t calm her down.

Ty kept asking her what was the matter and after a while got irritated and told her to shut up. When she took no notice, he tried different ways of calming her down. At one point, he even got onto his knees and begged.

He had finally took her in his arms and held her close to him, trying to soothe her. She had closed her eyes and tried to pretend that he was Arik, but couldn’t, because Ty smelled…woodsy. She had finally cried herself to sleep.

When she woke up she didn’t need a mirror to know that her eyes were swollen and puffy. She groaned when Ty turned on the light and buried her head into the pillow.

“Get up,” he said through a yawn.

“No.”

He knelt down next to her. “Look,” he hissed. “Because of you, I didn’t get much sleep last night, and you of all people should know that I like my sleep. I don’t have much magic left in me because of the lack of sleep, and you know that I’m not a morning person. I did everything I could to calm you down, and I’m sorry if I didn’t succeed, but I didn’t exactly sign up for this.” He got up and went to pull on his cloak.

“I don’t like this place much either, Ree,” he told her. “I’m not staying here voluntarily. I was blackmailed, just like everyone else, so don’t give me a hard time. Now get up.”

Kerri sat up in her bed. She hadn’t thought about it that way. That Ty didn’t like this place as well. “Why didn’t you try to escape?” she asked. Her voice was hoarse.

“When I first came here, I was going to, but the night before, someone else tried to escape and failed.” Ty shook his head and laughed. “You won’t believe what they did to him.” He pulled the hood of his cloak up over his head. “Hurry, we’re late.”

Kerri realised that century-old men had issues with punctuality. She brushed her teeth and washed her face in record time. She was sorting through her clothes and was wondering why they looked so familiar when she remembered that these were the ones Arik got her. The ones that were stolen after the first invasion. So this is where they went.

“I’m sorry,” she said softly as she followed him down the hall. “I hadn’t thought of the fact that you didn’t like working here either.”

He shrugged, not slowing down. “It’s like going to school. You don’t actually like going to school because of the things you have to do there but because of the people you meet and because of the privileges you get.”

Kerri snorted. “Privileges? Here? What privileges do you get?”

Ty turned around then, a smirk tugging at his lips. “Watching our archenemies go down,” he said.

When Kerri finally realised it was Arik he was talking about she bit her lip to stop herself from hitting him. “I thought you two were friends,” she said finally.

“We were,” Ty said, walking again. “But he didn’t understand.”

“Didn’t understand what?”

“That I didn’t want to come here. He thought that I wanted to betray them to this company. Sure, werewolves betray, but that doesn’t mean we want to do it, and it sure as hell doesn’t mean we want to do it in this place.”

Kerri grabbed his arm. “Escape,” she begged. “Escape with me. Let’s get out of here.”

Ty’s lips tightened. “Loyalty is vital when you are working for the C.E.,” he said edgily.

Kerri dropped his arm and shot him a look of frustration and disbelief. “You’d rather give up your own happiness for loyalty to something you hate?”

“No, I’d rather stay alive.” Ty turned and started walking.

He could stay alive and be happy, she wanted to tell him. But she didn’t, and instead started to follow him.

“Oh, and Ree?” Ty stopped and turned around.

“Yes?”

“I think it’s better if you forget about this conversation and just go back to hating me,” he said before turning around and she stood there and watched him walk away from her.

So that’s the way it’s going to be.

And that’s the way it’s going to stay.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KokoroTsuki24 on June 19, 2009, 12:40:49 PM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24hmm... very interesting.