Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - What The Hell?

Hm...this is a bit different from my other stories. It focuses on the other creatures e.g. sylphs, winged unicorns etc. instead of dragons/vampires/werevoles etc.
anyway. just trying it out. tell me what you think. xx

Chapter 1 - What The Hell?

Chapter 1 - What The Hell?
Leigh had been sleeping peacefully in bed. It was, after all, three in the morning. And at three in the morning, nobody would expect to be woken up because their ex-boyfriend suddenly appeared next to them in their bed. They expected to wake up at six by their alarm clock so that they could go to work. Leigh Parker, being a normal human being, at least, that’s what she thought she was, had the same expectations.

So it was very surprising, in fact, it scared the shoot out of her, when she woke up and found Rick Doran in her bed, sleeping next to her.

“Gah!” She sat up and looked around wildly. It was her room, and it was her bed. She didn’t get completely drunk and crashed into Rick’s place, making a complete fool of herself.

So why the hell was that poor excuse for a human being lying next to her in her bed?

She reached over and prodded him. He groaned. She prodded him again. He slapped a hand at her. Leigh pursed her lips and slapped him in the face.

“Yow!” Rick yelped, opening his eyes. A grin stretched across his face when he saw her glaring at him, and he sat up. “Hey beautiful.”

“Don’t hey beautiful me. What the hell are you doing here?”

Rick yawned and stretched. “I needed a place to crash.”

“And how is that place my place?”

“Why not? Your bed’s big enough for two. And even if it wasn’t, we could cuddle up together.”

Leigh threw her pillow at him, disgusted. “What is wrong with you? How did you even get in here?”

“That’s for me to know and you to find out. Or rather, to try to find out.”

“Get out. Now.”

Rick yawned again. “No. I’m tired.”

“Rick, this is my place. And you’re in my bed. Get. Out.”

“But babe, it’s three in the morning.”

“Exactly! There’s no reason that you should be in my bed at three in the freaking morning. Now get lost.”

He suddenly reached over and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her close to him. “But I want to stay here.”

She ignored the shivers that ran up and down her spine when he touched her and struggled to break free, but he wouldn’t let go. “You don’t get what you want anymore. Let go of me.”

He didn’t listen. But then he never did. Not even when they were together.

“Rick, it’s three in the morning. I’m not supposed to be awake for another three hours. Go the hell away and leave me alone so that I can sleep.”

He began kissing a trail up and down her neck. “Even if I did leave now, you wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway.”

“Oh?” she breathed, trying to focus. “And why is that?”

“Because you’d be thinking about me.”

She snorted. “Yeah. You and your big ego.” She pulled at his arm which was around his waist. “Rick, let me go now. If you want to crash at my place, go crash on my couch.”

He let go of her then, sitting up. “Really?”

“Yes,” she said through gritted teeth. “Now go crash on my couch before I crash you into the couch.”

He laughed. “That I’d like to see.”

“Rick. Just…please. Get out of my sight. Go hide in the kitchen or something.”

He folded his hands behind his head and leaned back onto the headboard.

“Rick!”

“You are so cute when you’re angry,” he said, chuckling.

“Oh, screw you.”

His grin grew. “Yes please.”

She threw another pillow at him. “Will you please go away? Shouldn’t you be with that slut of a girlfriend you have?”

“Dumped her. Well, not really. I was never really with her.”

“Oh, that’s why I saw you two in bed together three months ago. If I’m correct, that’s also why I broke up with you. And you two were in my freaking bed, too.”

“That was an accident.”

“No, an accident is if you had another chance, you’d do it differently, and the only way you would’ve done things differently was do her differently, so it’s no accident.”

“No, but I would’ve done it so that you wouldn’t find out.”

Leigh closed her eyes and clenched and unclenched her fists and willed herself to keep calm. “Get. Out. Of. My. Room.”

“Aw, Leigh. Come on.”

“Rick, I have to get up for work in three hours. It’s my first day of work. I do not want to be late for my first day of work.”

“Have you forgotten that it was because of me that you got this job?”

She snorted again. “Oh, really? And what did you do? Did you sleep with the boss?”

He shrugged. “A couple of times.”

Leigh sighed and buried her face in her hands. “You’re incorrigible.”

Rick smirked and slid back down into the bed and held open his arms. “C’mere.”

Leigh blinked for a few times. “Excuse me?”

“You know you sleep better when you’re warm and tucked up and I realised that your heater isn’t working—which is kind of bizarre, seeing that it’s the middle of winter—and that you don’t have anyone to tuck up to. Been kind of lonely these three months haven’t you?”

“Oh, piss off,” Leigh grumbled, climbing into bed next to him. “And keep your hands to yourself.”

He smirked again. “I’ll try.”

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Stillbored123 on March 31, 2010, 9:57:29 AM

Stillbored123 on
Stillbored123I like it. :3 interesting start, it didnt make me want to stop reading so hey thats a great start! :D

blackcatcurse on July 1, 2009, 10:41:37 AM

blackcatcurse on
blackcatcurseIt seems your stories are starting to pick up on a drunk note. Literally.

Maybe your next story should have a different start. Unless you want to make the drunk start your trade mark...

Anyways, let's see how this one goes.

xxnataxx on July 1, 2009, 6:20:33 PM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxlol she's not drunk. not really. at least, she seems sober enough...

blackcatcurse on July 1, 2009, 9:05:52 PM

blackcatcurse on
blackcatcurseShe is sober. Her boyfriend isn't though.

(In Tia??, her ex dumped her down a well. In Kerri??, her boyfriend gets drunk when she disappears. I haven't read Arianne?? yet, and I think Kaley?? hasn't involved alcohol yet. But three out of five...)

KokoroTsuki24 on July 5, 2009, 12:36:20 PM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24ya know i think her boyfriend is just an EXTREME perv! ;D

xxnataxx on July 2, 2009, 12:23:23 AM

xxnataxx on
xxnataxxlol her boyfriend's sober. maybe i should make it clear...did it really seem like he was drunk?
i dont think there's any drunk ppl in arianne or kaley...yet. at least, not that i remember.

KokoroTsuki24 on July 1, 2009, 12:09:27 PM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24HAHA!
love this!
very good. and forget thye other comment. (no offense blackcatcurse)
i REALLy wanna see how this turns out!