Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Another Visit

Kerri2's finally out guys (: sorry it took so long
(for ppl who don't know, this is the sequel to Kerri??)
xx

Chapter 4 - Another Visit

Chapter 4 - Another Visit
“That was so tiring,” Kerri said, collapsing onto the bed. “I had no idea that practising magic could be so exhausting.”

Arik crawled on top of her. “Soon you’ll be able to do it without breaking a sweat.”

She groaned. “Get off me.”

“Why?”

“I’m too tired. I can’t do this now. Tonight.”

“We’re not allowed to do it at nights anymore, remember?” He smirked, remembering the complaints they got from their neighbours.

Kerri blushed. “That was so embarrassing.”

“I found it highly amusing.”

“That’s because you weren’t there when they were complaining!”

Arik laughed. She was so adorable. He kissed her. “Even if I was there, they wouldn’t be complaining to me. I wasn’t making most of the noise.”

She rolled over so that she was sitting on top of him. “I beg to differ,” she said indignantly. “Remember last time when—”

“That was a one time exception.”

She smirked. “You’re right. It was a one time exception. I’m never doing it again.”

“What? Why not?”

“Let’s just say I prefer putting food and only food in my mouth. And my toothbrush. But that’s about it.”

He pushed her t-shirt up and kissed her stomach. “That’s not fair.”

“Life’s not fair.” She ran her hands through his hair once before pushing him away. “I need a shower.”

“I’m joining you.”

“You are?”

“Oh yes.” He shot her a wicked grin before shifting them both to the bathroom.

***

Arik’s phone rang in the middle of dinner. He flipped it open and looked it up. The screen flashed Boss.

Oh shoot.

“Hello, sir,” Arik said cheerfully into the phone. “What a pleasure.”

“Come to my office now. With the girl.”

“Uh, yes sir.”

The boss hung up. He was a man of few words.

“Kerri, we have to go,” Arik said, standing up.

“What? Why?”

“The boss has requested that we meet him in his office immediately.”

Everybody at the table stopped eating and turned to stare at them.

“Do you think he knows?” Carter asked worriedly.

Drake frowned. “That’s a stupid question, Carter. The boss knows everything.”

Kerri had gone quite pale. Arik put an arm around her comfortingly. “Come on. Let’s go. Maybe he just wants to tell us about the training you should be getting in order to protect yourself.”

Fat chance. The only advice Kerri got about protecting herself was “I’m sure Arik knows what to do. If he doesn’t, then his mother is dead.”

Lovely.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment