Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Lucky Sitara

Kerri2's finally out guys (: sorry it took so long
(for ppl who don't know, this is the sequel to Kerri??)
xx

Chapter 5 - Lucky Sitara

Chapter 5 - Lucky Sitara
Once they were in the office with the boss, Arik had tightened his grip on Kerri, as if sensing her fear and discomfort.

The boss sat. “Why don’t you start by telling me why the C.E. has declared a war on us?”

Beside her, Arik had bit his lip nervously. “That would be because they want Kerri, sir.”

“They want Kerri, Channing, or they want Kerri back? According to my sources, Kerri had been absent from the company for three weeks.”

Arik swallowed visibly. “Uh…I…”

“Sir,” Kerri said gently, “why don’t you start off by telling us what you know? That way we can fill you in.”

The boss sat back and looked at her. Obviously he wasn’t used to answering demands. “Very well,” he said finally.

Arik’s grip on Kerri loosened considerably in relief. He pulled her a bit closer to him as if to thank her.

“According to my sources,” the boss said, “you’ve been taken from the company by the C.E. on a Saturday night three weeks ago. You somehow managed to escape two weeks later. Don’t think I haven’t noticed the return of Sitara Malik, who is soon to be, I believe, Sitara Hallamore.”

“Sitara’s a good person,” Kerri blurted. “She escaped with me because she hated the place.”

“If I didn’t think she was a good person, trust me, she would not be here, or alive at all, right now,” the boss said coldly.

“What are you going to do with her?” Kerri asked again before she could stop herself.

“What do you mean?”

“It’s just that…Sitara’s the only werewolf in this company. Are you going to let her fight?”

The boss shrugged. “Usually, I would say no, just in case she plans to betray us then, but Sitara is noble. Whether she will fight is her choice.”

Wow. Sitara really made a good impression on the boss. “Of course, sir.”

“Call Sitara,” the boss said, sitting back again, dismissing them.

“Yes sir.”

“Oh, and McCarthy?”

Kerri turned. “Yes, sir?”

“Start training. I’m sure Arik knows what to do. If he doesn’t, then his mother is dead.”

Kerri blinked twice. “Yes, sir.”

***

“The boss is really fond of Sitara, isn’t he?” Kerri asked Arik later on that night.

Arik rolled over in the bed and slipped his arm around Kerri’s waist. “I suppose.”

“Lucky her.”

Arik kissed the top of Kerri’s head. “No, lucky me.”

Kerri grinned and turned so that she was face to face with him. “You’re right. Lucky you. You have such an awesome girl for a Mate.”

“And she comes along with an awesome ego, too.”

Kerri snorted. “Oh please, as if you don’t have one.”

***

“Joshua thinks we should have the wedding after the war,” Sitara told Kerri as they walked to lunch the next day.

“Well…that gives you something to look forward to, doesn’t it?”

“I guess.” Sitara played with a strand of her hair. “I’m just really worried.”

“About what?”

Sitara sighed. “About Joshua. He’s human, and you know how they make humans fight first.” She stopped walking. “What if…what if he doesn’t make it?”

“Sitara! Don’t think that. He’s going to make it. He’s a brilliant fighter. Trust me. I’ve seen him fight before. Kind of.”

“I know, but he can’t do magic, which is a big disadvantage. His chances of getting killed are much higher than us immortals.”

Kerri pulled Sitara in for a hug. “Joshua’s going to make it. Don’t worry.”

Sitara smiled. “I’ll try.”

“Why did the boss want to see you yesterday?”

“He just wanted to know whether I wanted to take part in the war.”

“What did you say?”

“Hell yes. I’d give anything to get back at them. They freaking blackmailed me and tortured me.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment