Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Emi

I was chatting with hinata-chan and we realized that in the naruto art book it shows that all the girlshave eyeshadow BUT so does haku! and haku also wears nailpolish. AND lipstick. so westarted wondering where he got it.

and this is the result.

Chapter 1 - Emi

Chapter 1 - Emi
The crowds were bustling in the market as Haku made his weeklyrounds. Every week he would put on his best everyday kimono and tellZabuza he was going to buy food and other essentials. He would alwaysreturn to the same village market no matter how far away they were fromit. This small village was always peaceful and everyone seemed purelyhappy. They were far away from any Shinobi village and were so smallthat they weren’t on most maps. As the birds chirped in the trees, thechildren played in the streets, happy new couples walked down the pathhand in hand and life went on as it normally did. No one even thoughtanything different could even happen to them.

It was what Haku loved. This carefree energy that made him so happy he could forget about everything while he was there.

Haku adjusted the weight of the bags in his arms as he looked around atthe stalls. There was one thing left for him to buy and he would bedone.

His eyes lit up when he found it.

Haku walked over to a nearby stall, placing his bags down at his sides as he smiled at the sales girl.

“Good morning Kaoru-san! You moved your stall; I thought you closed up shop!” Haku said, greeting the girl.

“Good morning to you to Haku-san. Shizuka-san stole my spot, so I hadto move here. I would never close up shop with such a dedicatedcustomer like you. I have a new shipment in, if you’reinterested.” Kaoru said, picking up a large box and putting it on thetable.

Opening the box, Haku shuffled through it and pulled out a small eye shadow case.

“Oh Haku-san, that would look so great on you! Green is definatly yourcolor. And I’m sure that husband of yours will love it.”

“Ano…Zabuza-san isn’t my husband…” Haku laughed, slightly embarrassed.

“Well, he should be. Why he hasn’t asked you to marry him by now is beyond me. You''re still together right?”

“Hai, Hai. It''s just more complicated than that…”

“Well, he doesn’t deserve a girl like you, Haku-san. A real gentlemanwould help you with those bags of yours. We all know you don’t livenearby.” Kaoru scowled, crossing her arms. “If you ask me, he’s adeadbeat who’s relying on poor defenseless girls to do work for him.”

Haku laughed at Kaoru’s words and a warm smile spread across his face.

“It’s ok, really. I can handle it. Zabuza-san just has a lot of workto do, and I don’t feel like I should bother him with little thingslike this. I can take care of myself.”

“Now that’s what I like to hear! A beautiful girl who can pull her ownweight. You must really love him to stay with him. You could haveanyone you want with an attitude like that.”

The look in Haku’s eyes now could only be described as pure love.

“I would die for him and die without him. He is the part of me that keeps my heart beating.”

There was a pause and Kaoru and Haku just smiled at each other before Kaoru finally spoke again.

“Wow…He’s a lucky guy…now how about a purchase today, hm?” Kaoru suggested with a wink.

Haku nodded and raised his arm to test the color of the eye shadow onhis hand, causing the sleeve of his kimono to drop and reveal bandageswrapped around his wrist. As if nothing happened, Haku opened the eyeshadow case and rubbed some onto his skin.

“This is a nice color…” Haku mused to himself with a smile.

“Haku-san! What happened to your wrist?!” Kaoru exclaimed, taking hold of Haku’s arm to examine it.

“Kaoru-san, it’s alright. I just fell…”

…out of a tree. Haku had gotten the injury during a trainingsession. Haku had a fever the day before and was still dizzy but hehad ignored it. That was, until he fell out of the tree. It was anunusually clumsy move for Haku and he wasn’t proud of it. Therefore,he felt no need to discuss it. It was in the past.

“Are you telling me the truth, Haku-san? Did Zabuza-san do this toyou? He was a big guy last time he was here with you and I doubt heisn’t still. If he did this, you can tell me, you know.”

It had been quite the opposite, actually. Zabuza had tended to Haku’sarm and slowly returning fever. Haku rarely saw Zabuza that tender andloved every minute of it, though he would never tell Zabuza.

“Oh no, Kaoru-san! Not at all! Zabuza put the bandage on me. I’mfine, really. You’re just very overprotective of your possiblecustomers.” Haku added jokingly.

“Yeah, well, I do need the money.” Kaoru winked again, a grin on herface. “But seriously, Haku-san, I’m worried about you. You’re alwayshurt in some way.”

“I’m just clumsy that’s all…I’ll take this one, Kaoru-san.” Hakuhanded Kaoru the eye shadow, determined to change the subject. “Do youhave any new nail polish?”

“Actually, I do!” Kaoru said boisterously, seeming to have forgottenabout the previous topic as she fished through her pockets and pulledout a nail polish bottle. “I made this one especially for you. It''spurple, but if you look at the tint, it doesn’t clash with your eyes.”

Haku took the Nail polish in his hand and looked at it.

“Kaoru-san, you’re too kind, really. I would have been just fine with any normal color!”

“But it’s nice, right?”

“It’s a beautiful color…”

“Well, then it’s yours! On the house.”

“Oh Kaoru, I couldn’t!” Haku put the nail polish back on the table andpulled out his wallet. “How much do you want for it? I refuse to notpay for it.”

“Fine then. 100 yen.”

“Kaoru-san, no! That’s too cheap! You went through all this trouble!”

“100 Yen or free. Pick one.”

Haku sighed before fishing 100 yen out and putting it on the counter.

“Fine.” He said before paying for the eye shadow as well. “Thank you,Kaoru-san. I’ll see you next week.” Haku said with a smile, pickingup his bags.

“Next week it is.” The grin was still plastered on Kaoru''s face as shesaid this. Haku turned to walk away before Kaoru stopped him.

“Haku-san…”

“Yes?”

“Take care of yourself, ok?”

Haku smiled at her and nodded before walking off.

“(^)-(^)” “(^)-(^)” “(^)-(^)”

Haku walked out of his room in the makeshift house, smiling at Zabuza.

“I’m ready, Zabuza-san, sorry to keep you waiting.”

“…ts’ok.” Zabuza stood up straight from his position against the wall, his hands still in his pockets as he began to walk.

“So who’s the client?”

“A businessman who wants a chounin from sand killed. I probably won’t even need you for this one.”

“Okay.” Was Haku’s only response, still walking alongsideZabuza. Zabuza paused for a moment, looking down at Haku. “What’swrong, Zabuza-san?”

“Nothing…you look nice today.”

Haku smiled up at Zabuza, causing a slight blush to creep over Zabuza’s cheeks before he willed it away.

“Thank you, Zabuza-san.”

“Hn.” And with that, Zabuza continued to walk.

“This Chounin must have really done something to this businessman for him to hire you for his death.”

“Hn…”

Haku smiled the rest of the way.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on July 16, 2008, 2:41:15 AM

Y0URIMAGINARYFRIEND on
Y0URIMAGINARYFRIENDI love this! It's cute, and well written, and i really, really like it! I've often wondered why he looks so girlie ^_^