Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Episode 1: Many Meetings

This is a story written by me and Crazywhitegirl13, using the original RuroKen characters along with our OC''s

Chapter 1 - Episode 1: Many Meetings

Chapter 1 - Episode 1: Many Meetings
Episode 1: Many Meetings

A twenty-eight year old woman stood in front of Kaoru’s dojo. She has orange hair pulled back into a ponytail with her bangs out. She wore a black martial arts gi and a red belt. Time to meet the new neighbors. She thought when she saw Kenshin in the back. “Ken-chan?” She whispered to herself.
“HIMURA!” She yelled as she ran up, did a front flip and kicked Kenshin in the back of the head.
Kenshin fell to the ground, “Oro?”
Kaoru walked out and yelled, “What happened to Kenshin!?” She shot a accusing look at Sanosuke.
“What, wait. It wasn’t me. It was her.” Sanosuke pointed to the woman.
“Why did you do that to Kenshin?” Kaoru cried.
As the woman started to answer, Kenshin got up dizzily saying, “Mikosai.”
“Mikosai? I haven’t heard that name in awhile, so you remember me Ken-chan. I think you lost your touch. I could never sneak up on you like that before,” the woman commented.
“Please Kitai; let me introduce you to my new friends.” Kenshin led the way into the dojo and they all sat on their knees in a circle on the ground. “This is Kaoru, Sanosuke, and Yahiko.” Kenshin pointed to each as he said their names. He made a gesture toward Kitai. “This is Kitai, Hikaru Kitai. She was known in the Bakumatsu as Hitokiri Mikosai.”
“How’s the wife?” Kitai asked bluntly. Kaoru glared at Kenshin.
Kenshin looked down. “She died years ago during the war.”
“Oh Ken-chan, I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”
“What brings you here?” Kenshin quickly tried to change the subject.
“Oh, I moved my martial arts dojo next door. I came to meet my new neighbors. I never expected to see you here.” Kitai replied.
Kenshin looked out to the sun. “This one is sorry to cut this short, but this one must go.” He said standing.
“Wait, where are you going?” Kitai grabbed his sleeve.
“Back to Kyoto.” Kenshin replied, “Makoto’s back, this one’s got to go fight him.” At that he left toward the door. He turned around and spoke to Kaoru. “Sayonara Kaoru.” At that he left.
“I better get going too.” Kitai ran to her dojo, picked up her two custom katana and followed after Kenshin. He’s not going alone.
****************
Meanwhile…

All was calm in this part of the forest. The light was coming through the treetops as if in a dream. Suddenly, a flash of light burst through a clearing as a ring of blue fire hovered in the center facing the north. Nothing happened for a moment. Then, a figure blasted out of the center of the ring. It landed crouching, one hand on the ground to steady itself. It stood up and looked around. Her name was Shisio Kiatso. She came from the future. She needed to find her father who was an unlucky witness to the process of the time curse, which sent her to the future. She was only twelve then. She still remembered his bandaged face. The fear and despair in his eyes you could never get out of him. She shivered at the thought of being brought to the new time.

‘A little girl of twelve should not be out at this time.’

She smiled to herself as she remembered the strange woman who took her in. Her name was Hikaru Kitai. She told her she was from the same time and was trying to get back. “Stop.” She told herself. “You have to concentrate, Kiatso. That’s what dad told you. Right? Well, then listen.” She looked around again. “Okay, Kyoto is north. That’s where Dad always is.” She set off in the direction of north, hoping that this would go right.
**************
---A few days later---

Kenshin stood in front of an old dojo. Kitai walked up to him. “I’m helping you. Don’t argue.” They walked in together and stood in front of Makoto.
Makoto stood unsheathing his sword. “Yumi. Get out of here. This might get messy.” The woman behind Shisio left the dojo. “Well, well, well, I’ll get two birds with one stone. I’ll get two birds with one stone.”
“Not today,” Kitai unsheathed her katana revealing a dragon imprint on the blades. Kenshin and her both got into battle stances.
“This is going to be fun.” Makoto muttered, a sneer creeping up the parts of his face that weren’t bandaged. He lunged aiming for Kenshin first.
He’s fast! Kitai thought her eyes wide. Kenshin put up his sakabato when, at the last moment, Makoto turned and slashed at Kitai. She only barely just blocked it, the end of his blade managing to kick her shoulder.
Kitai pushed him back with her katana. They stood there for a moment panting from the effort.
“You’ve gotten weaker.” Makoto commented. He ran up to strike, while Kenshin went into a defensive stance when a muffled shout came from outside the room. “Hey! Stop!”
Makoto stopped and glanced at the door when a fist burst through the wood. The hitokiri jumped out of the way of the splintering wood. “Dang it! Somebody beat me here.” A girl about the age of eighteen wearing a tank top, shorts, and converse stood there.
“Kiatso.” Kitai looked at the girl. Makoto stood there a look of shock on his face.
“Oro?” Kenshin looked from Kitai, to Makoto, to the girl wearing strange clothes.
“Kitai!” The girl ran and gave her a hug.
“What are you doing here?” Kitai asked.
Kiatso stepped back. “Time Curse, remember?”
“I mean here at the dojo.”
Kiatso glared at Makoto. “I heard what my dad was doing so…”
“Wait! Your dad!”
“Yeah. My dad is Makoto. You know, that dude, standing over there, glaring at me. Shut up dad.” Kitai stared bewildered.
Kenshin looked from the girl to Makoto. “Oro?”
“Kitai? Who’s that weird dude, and why is he saying oro?”
“Well um…That’s Kenshin…Um…I might have addressed him by the name Battosai in one of my stories. Heh…heh…heh…yeah.”
Kiatso stared at him for a moment. “But I thought you said he was hot.” Kitai’s face turned red.
“What does she mean by hot?” Kenshin asked confused. Kiatso opened her mouth to reply when Kitai ran up and tacked her to the ground. “Nothing. It means nothing.” Kitai said quickly.
“What the fudge Kitai” Kiatso said.
“Say anything and I will beat you, and no it is not illegal” Kitai threatened. Kiatso shut her mouth. Suddenly a loud bell chimed through the air.
“What the hey?” Kiatso commented.
“Hay is for horses, Kiatso.” Kitai replied bluntly.
“I don’t give a crap!”
Crap? Kenshin thought.
Three men rushed into the room. “Didn’t I just beat your butt?” Kiatso asked.
“Doesn’t matter!” Kitai did a front drawing her second sword. She then slashed at one of the men. The man put up his arms and fell to the ground.
“Did you just kill him?” Kenshin asked.
“No the idiot put his arms up to block. What does it matter anyway? These guys are trying to KILL US!”
“This one has a thing against killing. Don’t kill anybody.”
“Yeah Kitai, this is how you do it.” Kiatso ran up to the men and punched one in the face while side kicking the other.
“Fine then.” Kitai sheathed her katana, jumped and drop-kicked the guy who got hit in the face.
“Happy Kenshin?” Kitai glared at him.
“Yes, very much.” he answered
More men came down the hallway. Kiatso charged at them, Kitai right behind her. Kenshin took this time to step back and observe their fighting techniques. He knew Kitai used the same sword technique, but he didn’t know her hand-to-hand. As she fought, he noticed she used a blend of classic martial arts moves. Kiatso was something different entirely. He did not recognize any of the moves. She had a style he has never seen before.
‘Are you going to help at all?” Kiatso asked while kneeing somebody in the groin. Kenshin pulled out his sakabato.
“Wait. I thought you said no killing.” Kitai remarked.
“It’s just a sakabato.” Kenshin replied.
“I liked you better while we were fighting Makoto!” Kitai yelled crossing her arms. Kenshin smiled.
More men kept coming. Dude, what’s up with all these men? We need to get out of here.” Kiatso came running in.
“Why?” Kitai asked, “Kiatso, what did you do?”
“Well, ya see, somebody might of accidentally kicked over a fuse and flint box…in the bomb room.”
“Kiatso!” Kitai yelled grabbing her katana keeping them sheathed. She sighed. “Okay, let’s get going.”
“I’m actually surprised it already…” A huge explosion suddenly shook through the building. “Uhh…RUN!”
Kitai ran knocking enemies to the ground.
“What’s up with these guys? Shouldn’t they be running?”
“They’re kinda knocked out.”
“Oh yeah, that’s right, but isn’t it kinda mean to just leave them here?”
“They were trying to KILL US! If they can’t come to their senses in time, it’s not my fault.” Kitai commented bluntly. Kenshin stopped and started lifting one off the ground.
“Battosai, there’s too many. Just leave it.” Kiatso told him. He looked at the many unconscious men on the floor and sighed.
He put the one down and said. “Let’s go.” They ran down the hallway, all the while, more explosions could be heard.
Once out in the courtyard, Kiatso stopped. “What? Wait! What about my parents?”
“They already escaped. That’s why the alarm’s going off.” Kitai yelled.
“Ohhhhhhh…” They pushed opened the gate to the dojo and ran. All of a sudden, a giant explosion burst forth into the sky as thousands of shards of splintering wood flew through the air. They fell to the ground, protecting their heads. When silence finally came, the three looked back at the destroyed dojo.
“Of course, I missed the fun AGAIN!” A male voice yelled.
“Oro?” Kenshin cocked his head.
“Again, really? Stop that.” Kiatso commanded.
“No, who said that?” Kenshin asked.
“Over here loser.” Sanosuke kicked him in the head.
‘Why do people keep hitting me in the head?’ Kenshin thought while standing up rubbing the back of his head.
“Really Kenshin, did you have to make it explode?” Sanosuke asked.
“Yeah, Ken-chan, why’d ya have to make it explode.” Kitai remarked playfully.
“You know perfectly well that this one did not do it. It was that girl over in the weird clothes.” Kenshin pointed an accusing finger at Kiatso.
“I have a name. It’s Kiatso, and if you say that again, I will put you into a headlock and choke you to death.” Kiatso said then paused. “By the way, tank top, shorts, converse.” She added pointing to each garment.
“She’s crazy.” Sanosuke whispered twirling his finger.
“Kitai, can I kick his butt?” Kiatso asked.
“Yes, yes, you can, but will you?” Kitai answered smirking.
“Well…I won’t exactly kick his butt, but he will be on the ground gasping in pain.” Kiatso tilted her head.
“Well then, continue.” Kitai nodded
“Heh…Just try.” Sanosuke smirked putting up his fists. Kiatso walked up to him and kneed him in the groin. “Hmm, never seen that move before, very effective.” Kenshin commented as Sanosuke fell to the ground, protecting his crotch area with his hands. “What is your fighting technique?”
“Improv Street fighting.” Kiatso put her hands up by her shoulders and shook her head quickly.
“I never taught you that! Where’d you learn that?!” Kitai yelled.
“Well…ya know that group of gangsters in the alley behind Wal-Mart?”
“KIASO!”
“I did NOT go into stalker mode.” Kiatso made a brief pause. “They were hurting a puppy.”
Kitai slapped her hand to her forehead. “Oi Veih”
“Oro?” Kenshin scratched his head.
“Stop saying that or you’ll end up like that dude on the ground.” Kiatso threatened pointing at Sanosuke. Kenshin stepped back a little.
“Kenshin!” Kaoru and Yahiko ran into the clearing.
Yahiko stopped as he saw Sanosuke get up off the ground slowly groaning in pain. “What happened to him?” Yahiko asked.
“He got his butt kicked by a girl in one move.” Kiatso commented mockingly.
“Yes, this one witnessed the whole thing.” Kenshin added in.
“Who’s this?” Kaoru pointed at Kiatso.
“This is Kiatso. That’s about all this one knows.” Kenshin replied.
“Battosai! You know I’m Makoto’s daughter.” Kiatso cut in.
“That’s true Kenshin. You do know that.” Kitai said smiling.
There was a short silence broken by a quiet, gentle voice. “Battosai, eh? No wonder that old dojo exploded.” Everyone looked in the direction of the noise. A girl, about the age of sixteen, stood there. Her long, shiny, black hair was pulled into a ponytail draping down her back. Her soft brown eyes, that seemed to be always lowered, went with her small delicate hands.
“Who are you?” Kitai asked.
“My name is Naomi. That’s all I will tell you about myself.” The girl answered quietly.
“What are you doing here?” Kaoru asked.
The girl held up her hand. “Please, this does not concern you.” Kaoru opened her mouth, but immediately closed it.
“Who does this concern then?” Kiatso asked.
Naomi looked at her with intense, searching eyes. “From what I’ve heard, you and the Battosai.”
“What, why am I?!” Kiatso was cut off by Naomi. “Please let me explain. He…” she pointed to Kenshin. “…is the Battosai, which means, he’s a hitokiri. The hitokiri killed my entire family, so I must kill him.” She turned to Kiatso. “You are Makoto’s daughter. He was a hitokiri. I would rather kill him, but making him suffer by having his daughter die, much better.”
“I’ve been gone for SIX YEARS! He probably doesn’t even care!” Kiatso yelled.
Kitai looked at her. “Don’t say that! I’m sure he at least cares a little.”
“No matter, I will kill you anyways. It will pull his attention toward me somehow. Now, I will ask you to draw your weapons.”
Quietly, Kenshin unsheathed his sakabato. “Kenshin?” Kaoru muttered.
“No Kaoru, this one must fight. It’s the only way to put a stop to this. This one believes she won’t stop unless we fight.” Kaoru nodded satisfied he was still there.
“Well, if you’re going to knock Ken-chan around, I’m helping him. I was a hitokiri, too. If you attack the Battosai, I’m sure you would want Mikosai, too.” Kitai said as she unclipped the straps that held her katana in the sheath.
“No killing, Kitai. Remember?” Kenshin remarked.
Kitai sighed. “I thought you wouldn’t notice.” She sheathed her katana and clipped them back, taking one of them back with the sheath on.
Kiatso put up her bandaged knuckles. “Let’s do this.”
Naomi nodded and pulled out a piece of paper with a figure on it. “Arise, Kanshisha.” The ink started to move.
Kanshisha! Kitai thought. That means…
The ink came to life off the page and grew ten-fold becoming much bigger than any of them. It stood there, clad in all black, a little medal armor on its shoulders and arms. “Who hurt her?” It asked from the dark space in the hood.
“A family guardian!” Kitai gasped.
“Kanshisha, these are the ones who killed my family.”
The figure looked at her. “Vengeance, Naomi? We talked about this.”
“I don’t care. They killed them and you obey me, so attack!” Naomi yelled, tears flowing down her slender cheekbones.
The figure looked back at them. “I’m sorry, but I’m supposed to kill you. I hope you survive.” He reached for the sword strapped to his back.
“Hold on!” Kiatso yelled. “If you’re fighting with a sword, I need a second.”
“What? Why?” Kitai asked.
Kiatso reached into her back pocket and pulled out two hard leather strips that had strings attached.
“What are those?” Kaoru asked.
“Armguards.” Kiatso muttered, tying them into place. “Okay, I’m good.” She said putting her fists back up.
“Challengers strike first.” The guardian muttered. He ran and jumped. As he brought down the sword, Kenshin put up his sakabato. There was an earsplitting noise as Kenshin lost his balance. He hit the ground and looked at the sakabato. His blade had broken.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment