Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Dream

After defeating Isl and Zom in a battle for the universe, Lucy is back on Earth, still trying to control it with the help of her brother, Zim. But something is different this time. Everything she knows seems to be backwards.

Chapter 2 - Dream

Chapter 2 - Dream
(Lucy drags herself into her room, plopping onto the bed as she enters. She tries her hardest to fall asleep, thinking that when she gets up again everyone will be back to normal. When she finally does fall asleep, she dreams of how it used to be)

(DREAM)

(Lucy wakes up and rubs her head, and wiping the sleep out of her eyes. The sunlight blinds her slightly, and she cringes away from the blaze. She hears arguing in the next room, and so she gets up and crosses over to the room. She sees Zim and GIR. GIR has broken a metal object, and Zim is yelling at him. Zim is an Irken, normal)

Lucy: Zim...? Oh, thank goodness you're back.

Zim: Back? What are you talking about?

Lucy: Um, it was weird. You were a human, and... Oh, it doesn't matter anymore, Zim, I have you back.

(Lucy runs over and hugs her brother, and stares into his eyes. But suddenly his features turn human)

Zim: EW! Get off of me, alien scum.

Lucy: What...?

(NOT DREAM)

(Lucy wakes up with a start, barely noticing the moonlight that filters dimly through the blinds. She stares up at the ceiling, expecting to see just the fan, but instead sees Dib. He is still Irken, and Lucy jumps up in her bed. She sits straight up, gasping)

Lucy: Um... Dib?

Dib: Yeah, Lucy, it's me. Are you okay? I heard you shouting in your sleep...

Lucy: Uh. I guess I'm okay... Shouting?

Dib(Imitating Lucy): 'Zim! Zim, NO!'

Lucy: Oh, jeez...

Dib: How could you be having dreams about my sworn enemy? You're not...

Lucy: In love with him? No. In fact...

(Lucy trails off, remembering that Dib was her brother now, and not Zim)

Dib: What?

Lucy: Nevermind. That Zim is just human filth like all the rest.

(Lucy chokes the words out emotionlessly, hurt inside that she would have to say things like that around Dib)

Dib: Right. So, why were you sleeping all day? You were that tired?

Lucy: Well, half of it was that I stayed up all night inventing... But then...

Dib: Hm?

Lucy: Dib, this isn't right. Zim is supposed to be an Irken... My brother... And Zam's supposed to be Irk's greatest hero. Zom should be in jail, and Isl too. KIM should be stupid, and... You should be human. That's how it was until I woke up this morning.

(Dib watches her with curiosity, rubbing his chin. He is obviously thinking hard, trying to figure out Lucy's problem)

Dib: Hmm... Well... What did you build last night?

Lucy: A personality switcher, designed to make you seem as normal as... Ah! I get it! I must have pressed it when I fell asleep.

Dib: See? I knew there'd be a logical explanation.

Lucy: But won't you go back to being human? And hating me? I mean, you're so nice... You used to be mean.

Dib: Eh, I won't mind. You'll have Zim back, and if that makes you happy, it makes me happy too.

Lucy: Thanks, Dib.

(Lucy hugs Dib, almost forgetting for a moment that he was the putrid human just hours before)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment