Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - >>Chap. 4- The New Guy~ Arai

This is just a basi story, i guess. I hope this one is better! C=

Chapter 4 - >>Chap. 4- The New Guy~ Arai

Chapter 4 - >>Chap. 4- The New Guy~ Arai
Chap. 4

Mirelle woke up bright and early the next morning to her ever-so-annoying alarm clock. She got out of bed, turning on music like she usually did in the mornings to wake up. (in my story, heaven is almost modern-day ‘cause Mirelle has a CD player and stereo system) She got dressed and ate breakfast, the morning routine. ‘Today is special though, today has to be the day I pass the midterms! , Mirelle thought while locking her small apartment behind her on the way out.

“I can do this. I can do this!” Mirelle said to herself punching the air, drawing the attention of the nearby business owners preparing to open. She made it to the training grounds first with time to spare, so she decided to walk around the grounds for a bit.

This kind of time was Mirelle’s favorite. Where she could be alone and be herself, the only thing she noticed being the gentle winds that often graced her beautiful home. Her shoes made small crackles on the autumn leaves that had fallen to the grass.

“I wonder if sensei or anyone else has arrived yet?” she whispered to herself, picking up her pace to get to the front of the school faster. (hey, its big!) Mirelle ended up sprinting to the front, she never noticed how big the school was even in previous walks. Heavily panting she made her way to the steps of the large school, leaning on one of the walls next to the steps.

“Hello,” came a boy’s voice from behind her. Mirelle turned around startled to see a VERY cute… no, handsome boy. He looked about Mirelle’s age if not a little older. This boy had black hair that was streaked with red and semi-spiked, and wore brown shorts with a white shirt. (you know you want it *wink*)

“Uh… hi,” Mirelle replied, still leaning against the wall. The guy didn’t bother to ask as he took the seat next to her, turning to the stunned girl after a few seconds with a bright smile.

“My name is Arai! I’m the new guy!” he said. Mirelle couldn’t help but notice how cheery, rhymy, and everything close to those things he was. A silence had swept over the two, Arai still smiling brightly in Mirelle’s direction.

“So, ummmm… how do you like the school so far, Arai-san?” Mirelle asked quietly. The smile was replaced with a serious expression. Arai looked away across the ground deep in thought.

“Well, what I like most is…,”Arai began. He shifted his weight against the wall slightly to get more comfortable. “I like the trees, the school, you, my team, lunch, you, the grass, the view from the clock tower window, you, and a lot of other things!” Arai wore his ‘ear-to-ear’ smile again.

“Um, did you say… me?” Mirelle asked even quieter than before. A slight blush had crept its way up her cheeks as she glanced back at the boy with the cheery smile. Arai looked away again out across the grounds. Mirelle looked too and saw Hinata and Midori walking through the gates talking happily about the day to come.

“I’m sorry but I must take my leave and join my teammates. It was very nice to see you and talk,” Mirelle said cheerily standing up and making her way down the steps, glancing back once at Arai only to see him studying her intently with his most serious face she had seen.

Mirelle shook this off and made her way to her teammates just as sensei came walking into the grounds as well.


The day went by quickly with no other major events other than testing. The students were told that the testing would be split into separate sections: written, physical, spells, and weapons. So the first day was written and physical.

“I think I barely passed the physical section…,” Mirelle said to Midori while they walked through the crowd trying to get out and home to prepare for the next day of testing which would be tougher by far.

“Awe, don’t worry Mirelle! I probably failed the written!” Midori laughed reassuringly.

“I guess… Would you like to come over and practice with me?” Mirelle asked. Midori thought about it for a minute.

“Sure! Let me go home to out my things away, and I’ll be over around 5pm ok?” Midori replied cheerfully. When the two came to the roads that branched out from each other, Midori took the left waving bye to Mirelle who took the right road.

“See you in a few hours!” Midori yelled back, still walking home.

“I cant wait…,” Mirelle whispered, a small smile spreading across her face. A tap on her shoulder made her turn around to someone she didn’t expect to see there of all places…
~~____________________________________________________________________________~~
Hehe, I left a cliffhanger! Just for you! LOLZ
Well, fourth done, I hope you liked it. I hope you can guess who it is. (my readers are quite smart ^^*)
Is it just me or was Arai a little too cheery and then he went real serious. I had problems with describing him and his attitude. (darn you writers' block!!)
R&R please!

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MidNightWander on February 24, 2007, 1:02:19 AM

MidNightWander on
MidNightWanderhey,sorry i'm really late on reading GOMEI!!!! but the story is
soooooooooooo GREAT!!!!! please write more!!!

pleaseme on February 23, 2007, 6:46:19 AM

pleaseme on
pleasemeI must saw I like your story so far and is it that Arai guy that tap her should or that other girl that sent her to the infirmary?

Chrisie on February 20, 2007, 10:04:51 AM

Chrisie on
ChrisieJust finished reading all the chapters so far and I must say...

I. Love. It.

Good Things:

1.) Your grammar and spelling is very good, it's easy for the readers to understand what's going on. ^_^

2.) You mix a little japanese with english, but you don't overwhelm us with it. You also give us an explanation of the words in case someone doesn't get it.

3.) Arai reminds me of the normal kinds of guys you find in shojo series, so you obviously did a good job. XD (I think so, anyway)

4.) Uuuh... What was I gonna say... Oh yeah! It's a really origional idea, and once you start reading the story, you just get hooked right away! >w< Keep it up, gal! X3

Umm, I don't really HAVE ANYTHING to tell you what to improve on, so I should improve myself so I can help you improve and I'm not making any sense am I? xD;

I can't wait for the next chapter! You've really inspired me to try and write myself! =D

1mangalover on February 20, 2007, 10:29:57 AM

1mangalover on
1mangaloverwooowww!!! I didnt know I was that good... *blink blink* BUT THATS SOOOO COOLLL!!! I'll update for everybody!! Must. Work. Harder. >< Must. Type. Now.

~1mangalover~

SoraYamato on February 19, 2007, 10:25:19 AM

SoraYamato on
SoraYamatoNe! Ne!- It's Arai who tapped her on the shoulder isn't it?
This is good. It's really up to you if you felt he was too jumpy with his moods, but I just thought it was his character ^^

1mangalover on February 19, 2007, 11:11:18 AM

1mangalover on
1mangaloverwe'll have to see, wont we?
yea, i thought I should have a character who was a weirdo. (i think its good to have a somewhat 'mysterious' character)

cloudsfan09 on February 19, 2007, 10:27:43 AM

cloudsfan09 on
cloudsfan09GAH! CLIFFY!

Arai sound hot please draw a pic of him!

1mangalover on February 19, 2007, 11:09:47 AM

1mangalover on
1mangaloveru got it ^^* if he really really hot, will he be a bishonen of your heart? (i would be honored to have him as one of your faves. but I still have to draw it. hehe ^^*)