Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - >>Chap. 6- The Final Piece of Exam Pie

This is just a basi story, i guess. I hope this one is better! C=

Chapter 6 - >>Chap. 6- The Final Piece of Exam Pie

Chapter 6 - >>Chap. 6- The Final Piece of Exam Pie
A/N: Okay, prepare yourleves for a very long read! I figured since I was gone, this will be a 'Hey-I'm-Back!' present to you! I'm including Alicia in this one, to explain why she was a you-know-what in the second chapter. Hey, she's Mirelle's friend! (see chapter one) Anyways, Read & Review!!

Chap. 6

Everybody woke up early that morning, Midori and Hinata rushing off having not planned a sleepover. Mirelle got dressed and made her breakfast, eating it quickly and gathering all her weapons she would need for that day. After searching every corner and finding all of her weapon arsenal, she locked her door and shoved her key inside her pocket.

Today all the students had to wear their combat clothes, or at least something they could fight in. Mirelle had used her first battling outfit to its full extent the day before, so she had prepared a backup for that day.

Her new clothing were all passed down from her own parents who had saved them for a day such as that. The shirt was fishnet, and the sleeves reached to the middle of her elbow. Over that was a midnight blue strapless tank top, with the symbol of her family: a white almond blossom with a shuriken in the center.

As for pants, Mirelle wore black spandex shorts that stopped just before her knees, with her kunai and shuriken holsters tied to her right leg with bandaging. (y’know, like the ninjas be wearin’) Along with special combat boots that went high enough for her to hide a 6-inch dagger in each. Yep, she was the weapons queen. (like TenTen kind of)

Mirelle was earlier than her teammates like the day before. Mirelle was ready to take a walk around the school, but remembering what had happened the morning before with the Arai guy, decided otherwise and just went to the training grounds for her team.

When Mirelle got there, she was surprised to see Alicia leaning against a target post with her head tucked in her arms. ’She looks so sad…,’ Mirelle thought to herself. She clenched and unclenched her fists, debating what to do. ‘She did send me to the infirmary…but it was a match! We were both going all out! That could make it anyone’s fault.’ Still unsure of what she was doing, Mirelle started her way towards Alicia.

Mirelle halted right in front of Alicia, looking down at the girl in front of her. Mirelle was confused, she should hate Alicia, but no, Mirelle felt sorry for her. Feeling sad for herself, Mirelle sat down next to Alicia, hoping that just her presence might lighten the gloomy mood. (such a nice girl…)

“What do you want?” Alicia asked quietly, appearing from her arms. Mirelle looked at Alicia, giving off a sad smile. Alicia tucked her head back into her arms, Mirelle looking away up at the clouds, trying to figure out what to say.

“Is learning from the principle really that bad?” Mirelle asked. Alicia shifted beside her uncomfortably.

“No, its not…” Alicia replied. Mirelle looked at her again.

“Then what’s wrong?” She continued to ask.

“My parents have been getting into fights, and its getting worse…,” Alicia whispered. “That’s why I’ve been so mean lately…,” she trailed off. Mirelle thought about it for a few minutes, deciding it made sense. Two fighting parents really only affect their child, which would be why Alicia would get so mad, taking her sad frustrations out on other people.

“You shouldn’t take out your frustrations on other people, you know. Especially those who are your friends,” Mirelle told her. Alicia nodded her head. “Maybe your parents don’t understand how much they’re affecting you with their arguments. I’m sure if they knew, they would try and solve things in the adult way,” Mirelle continued.

“Yea…,” Mirelle heard Alicia whisper. Mirelle smiled and stood up. Alicia raised her head, staring at the hand in front if her. She reluctantly took it, standing up herself. Seeing Mirelle smiling at her, she returned the smile. “Thanks Mirelle.” With that, Alicia ran off towards the school.

“Huh… Everybody is probably arriving anyway,” Mirelle said. She walked towards the school as well. She saw her team gathering around the bottom of the stairs, Hinata and Midori greeting Karumi-sensei with smiles.

“Relle-chan! Boy do you look hot today!” came an ecstatic voice behind Mirelle. She turned and saw Arai waving at her light speed, he was walking towards her. Mirelle practically ran to her teammates, not wanting to be caught in another strange conversation with the boy. When she turned to look at him, his expression was disappointed. He trudged back to his own team rather slowly, like he was waiting for Mirelle to call him over.

“Phew…” Mirelle sighed, sitting down next to Hinata who was immersed in a conversation with Midori. That day sure would be long.

“So, Mirelle!” Karumi called, jolting Mirelle back to her senses.

“Y-yes?” she asked. Karumi looked at her knowingly, which confused Mirelle more. “What?”

“I heard that new guy calling you ‘Relle-chan’. AND, his oh-so-lovely comment. Something going on…?” Karumi asked slyly. This caught Mirelle’s other two teammate’s attention, and they stared at her, their eyes almost ordering Mirelle to spill.

“NO! NEVER!!!” Mirelle yelled in response. Her face was red, which didn’t help her out. Karumi shrugged. Midori and Hinata still gazed intently at Mirelle, occasionally shifting their stare to Arai who was chatting happily with Tomuro. (see chapter 3) The others, Haru and Idate, practicing their aim.
“Yea, whatever,” Midori pitched in, saying it sarcastically. Hinata just giggled. (that word is so weird!) Mirelle changed to and even darker shade of red, and turned away from her team. Eventually, she resumed the normal skin color.

The bell rang and Mirelle and her team went upstairs, the girls talking nervously. Karumi pitched in a few words, reassuring them to shake it off and give it their all and it would seem easy as pie. The girls gulped at the somewhat ‘evil’ grin they were receiving from their sensei.

The day flew by, and before you knew it, the Karumi team was bruised and scarred. The teams were given a fifteen minute break, in which to prepare for the last part of the exams-- freestyle, no rules, flat-out battle against someone.

Mirelle’s team was lucky enough that Midori had remembered to bring some of the jars of paste, made by her mom with all kinds of medical herbs.

“It says to apply it to the wounds and let some air get to it for five minutes. After the five minutes the wounds should be healed and gone,” Midori read the instructions her mom had given her. Everyone immediately started to apply the ‘magic’ paste to their wounds, cringing when it stung for a moment.

After applying the ‘magic’ paste to all their wounds, the girls drank water and talked about the final section of the exams for the five minutes. The time went by and each girl was amazed to see their skin as smooth as ever, not a scratch to be found. Mirelle, Hinata, and Midori all thanked the gods that it had worked.

“Fifteen minute break is over! Get your weapons and meet down at the field!” came a loud voice over the intercom. (told you, somewhat modern) The Karumi team got their stuff and walked to the field where a giant stadium had been set up.

The stadium had golden flags with the school symbol, an eagle, in white. The stadiums walls, stairs, and most of the floors were white, while the seats were a shiny gold.

Once all the students and their teachers were assembled, a grumpy-looking old lady walked onstage. Yep, here was the principle in all her wrinkly glory, wearing a frilly dress and white shoes.

“OKAY! Prepare yourselves! This will not be easy!” she shouted. “We’ll announce the pairings for each fight once the previous is over. There will be matches with girls against boys! Each battle has no rules, so fight to your full extent. If the referee sees it necessary, he can step in and stop the match, or you can forfeit if you know you cant win. Don’t keep on fighting if you know you cant win!“ the principle warned.

“Now, I’ll hand it off to my advisor to tell the first round pairing!” Quickly, she stepped back and another woman stepped up, a chart in hand.

“Tomuro Nagaki, and…,” she looked down to check. “… Hachi Robi!” she announced. Hinata had held her breath, hoping she wouldn’t have to fight her crush. Releasing it, she beamed and began cheering for Tomuro as people started to file into the stands.

Tomuro’s battle went quickly, and as expected, he won. The battles after that passed in a blur, and Mirelle heard Hinata’s name being called, along with a person named “Ami Yashuru”. Hinata’s eyes were ablaze as she ran confidently down to the field in her fishnets and spandex shorts. (if you’ve ever seen a picture of Sakura in fishnets, that’s what it looks like)

“What’s with her?” Mirelle asked.

“Ami Yashuru also has a crush on Tomuro, so they’ve declared each other rivals for Tomuro’s love. Poor Tomuro, doesn’t even know what’s going on…”Midori informed her. Mirelle sighed and watched as Hinata did a quick combo with two kunai and pinned Ami to the ground, claiming her the winner.

They cheered and a few more battles past, as well as Midori’s. She won too, though, unlike Hinata, said she hadn’t done that well, which was a complete lie. She had used a stunning performance of spells, creating clones of her shuriken as well as herself! And finally, Mirelle’s battle came third-to-last, against someone named “Maki Tomuri”.

Mirelle hopped onto the field, meeting her opponent. Maki was a girl built, for the most part, like a guy. Broad shoulders and muscled legs and arms. Mirelle felt scared a little bit, but gained her confidence, hearing Hinata’s loud voice cheering her on.

“Ready?” the referee asked. Both girls nodded their heads. “Alrighty then, get ready, and…. GO!!” he yelled, quickly jumping out of the way.

The first thought running through Mirelle’s head before the sparring began? ‘This… is going to take awhile…’
~~____________________________________________________________________________~~
Okay, so yea. Hope you liked it! Was it too long?? (i knew it...)
Thanks if you got to the end of this chappie. I was bored on the drive home.
Thanks and review if you want! C=

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

pleaseme on March 15, 2007, 6:53:14 AM

pleaseme on
pleasemeHope Mirelle wins!!! ;D

MidNightWander on March 8, 2007, 8:02:59 AM

MidNightWander on
MidNightWanderMORE!!!MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!