Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Reality Bites

[SasuSaku] [NaruHina]
 
True friendship is such a rare item that it must be treasured or else it will wither away. When childhood friends have a reunion,  will they be able to get along like they used to? Or will their differences tear them apart?
 
Our favorite cherry blossom moves to boarding school along with her best friend Ino-chan. When they meet up with a unique character will they be able to deal with him,his rabid fan girls and gay fan boys? Come and find out!
 PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!

Chapter 1 - Reality Bites

Chapter 1 - Reality Bites
Dedication:

To my grandmother

who sadly passed away on

7/6/06 R.I.P

Disclaimer: Now for the heart breaking truth&No I dont own Naruto so dont sue me but I do own Hachi hooray!

Summary For this chappie: True friendship is such a rare item it must be treasured or else it will wither away. When a certain six year old girl transfers schools, she meets a very unique character and not to mention his crazy fan girls and ahem...fan boys. Will she be able to deal with them and her new school?

Authoress Note: I would really appreciate if you would leave a review and any opinions, I dont care if they are bad. Im pretty much accepting flamers, Im terribly sorry if my fanfic offends anyone. This is chapter is the only one thats actually wrong o.0&anyways Enjoy!

Thoughts

Dialogue

Emphasis



Chapter One: Reality Bites

By: Destiny R.

In the kitchen of the Haruno household, Mrs. Haruno quickly made lunch for her only child to take on her first day as Konoha Academy. With one hand, young Sakura clutched her favorite teddy bear and the other fiddled with her pink locks. She innocently looked up to her mother, who was packing away the food into the lunchbox. Mrs. Haruno turned around and smiled at Sakura.

Heres your lunch, you better go on your way now sweetie

She motioned her daughter toward the front door before Sakura could even open her mouth to say Thank you mommy. Mrs. Haruno was really looking forward to Sakuras first day of school; she was determined to give her only child the best education. One of the many reasons why the six year old was so intelligent, her mother always encouraged her to read books and memorize famous quotes.

Mr. Haruno walked into the room to say his farewells to his daughter, whom he truly was proud of. He took notice of the teddy bear in Sakuras hand. Sakura do you plan on bringing your toy to school? It may cause a distraction in your teachings and you might lose it.

Of course! I bring Mr. Yum Yum everywhere I go and I never let him out of my sight She beamed, huggling her teddy.

Her mother turned the knob of the door so Sakura could leave off to school. Bye Mommy, Bye Daddy! Mr. And Mrs. Haruno bended down to Sakuras level and gently hugged her. Mrs. Haruno brushed away Sakuras bangs, planting a kiss on her forehead.

Have a good day at school said Mr. Haruno

I will! Sakura giggled as she stepped outside.

Take Care, Sweetie Mrs. Haruno called out, both parents waved goodbye as they saw their daughters retreating form become more distant and soon closed the front door shut.

 Wow they grow up so fast, it felt just like yesterday she was in diapers now shes going to school. You know it wont be long until shes married Mrs. Haruno teased, knowing how much her husband was so protective of his precious child, especially with the boys.

Keh&like I would ever let my little girl have a boyfriend he muttered under his breath, unfortunately for him Mrs. Haruno heard and laughed.

Dont worry, shes only six years old I doubt she would be even interested in boys yet anyways.



Meanwhile&

The youthful cherry blossom inhaled deeply, taking in the sweet aroma of the spring flowers. She carefully skipped through the grass as she spotted a sizable crowd of kids her age in front of the academy. They all appeared to have a friend, while Sakura didnt even know anyone since she had just transferred schools. This made her feel a bit out of place but with her usual graceful attitude, she soon overcame that.

As she moved closer to the group, it seemed to be bunch of rabid fan-girls and gays going crazy over a certain raven haired boy with obsidian eyes. There he stood completely surrounded by the mass of his fans. Sure, he tried to push them out of his way but they would only grab onto his arm for dear life. He really hated them.

Hey now girls, its time for to head to class said Iruka while trying to pry them away from the boy. Iruka keep telling himself there had to be a reasonable explanation for the boys crowding and fussing over the young Uchiha, he understood why the girls were there but felt a bit of uneasiness seeing the boys doing it as well. o.0



From far away...

Shikamaru and Chouji both watched the scene, though Chouji was far more intrigued in his bag of chips. In a lazy tone Shikamaru said.

Girls, how troublesome then sighed and headed inside the academy as Chouji kept devouring the poor chips.

Do you want some? asked Chouji, offering some chips to his friend.

Sure



Luckily for Sasuke, most of his fans had a different class than him. He strolled down the hallway only to find a lone girl at the corner, she appeared to be lost. Sasuke attempted to avoid her but his class was her way, so he had no choice but to pass her. He feared that she might be another one of those rabid fan-girls. It surprised him when he realized that he never seen her before, Sasuke practically knows every girl since they were always after him.

She must be a new student. Hmm&Ive never seen anyone with pink hair before he thought to himself as he walked pass her, taking much interest in her pink hair. Sakura took a few steps forward and held her teddy bear tighter, as a sign of unsure ness.

Umm&excuse me but could you please tell me where my class is? Sakura asked timidly as she held out the paper that told her the number for the classroom.

Sasuke turned around to face the girl and reluctantly took the small paper. He would have done anything to get her out of his sight. His eyes focused on the paper and he slowly looked up to meet her sparkling emerald orbs. She looked so innocent with her teddy bear in her grasp and then on her lips formed a pouty scowl. She was growing impatient, waiting for his answer.

Just follow me Sasuke spoke, breaking the awkward silence and the cherry blossom gave a small nod.



At the classroom:

Sasuke slid the door open and headed to his seat, which was next to a familiar golden haired boy. Sakura earned some deadly glares from his fan-girls and gay fan-boys. It was obvious that they were jealous because they didnt get to walk with Sasuke to class and she did. Her emerald orbs reflected embarrassment as she made her towards the sensei to ask for a seat. Iruka attended to the young girl and was planning to introduce her to the class.

Ohayou class said Iruka. Everyone unenergetically muttered a  Good morning, Iruka-Sensei except for one blonde haired boy, he yelled it out.

Ahem&as you may already know we have a new student and Im sure you would all do your best to make her feel comfortable at her stay here in Konoha Academy stated Iruka.

You bet I will! exclaimed Naruto; he waved at Sakura as he felt his cheeks burning red.

Settle down Naruto replied Iruka, and then turned to the pink haired girl.

Introduce yourself to the class, Im sure they would like to hear something about you Iruka sent Sakura a reassuring smile, which she gladly returned and nodded at the mans words.

Hello Im Haruno Sakura and I- she was soon cut off by a little boy.

HEY SAKURA-CHAN, IM UZUMAKI NARUTO!

Sasuke, who sat beside the loud-mouthed brat, hit Naruto over the head.

Shut up, baka

Sasuke keep your hands to yourself and Naruto quit being so rude to Sakura scolded Iruka.

Hn& replied Sasuke as he scowled and looked away.

Im sorwee, Sakura-Chan apologized Naruto. Sakura couldnt help but giggle at this boys attitude as Iruka motioned her to continue.

Well, I enjoy playing with my teddy and going swimming.

Good, Sakura you can sit next to Yamanaka Ino. Ino please raise your hand so Sakura can locate you instructed Iruka.

A blonde haired girl with electric blue eyes waved at the cherry blossom and gave her a welcoming smile as she walked towards her. Iruka began to speak again.

Okay class, now its your turn to introduce yourself to Sakura

OO0o me me, Ill go first yelled Naruto as he leaped with joy.

You already introduced yourself, loser, snarled the raven-haired boy, Sasuke. However Naruto just ignored him.

HI SAKURA-CHAN! Im Uzumaki Naruto and I really like ramen and I like your teddy bear, I find it cute just like you!

&Thanks replied Sakura with her cheeks faintly painted red by Narutos comment.

Next Iruka called out and looked at Sasuke.

Sasuke sighed. Personally, he hated doing things like this in fact he hated most things, especially those creepy fan-girls and gay fan-boys. Unfortunately for him had no other choice but to introduce himself to another girl he knew he would soon loath.

A/N: In my fanfic Sasuke is only grumpy at school and around people he doesnt like. So thats why he acts cold but he still has the warmth of his family, well hes always grumpy around Naruto but they are best friends and he calls him names. Naruto is just mentally slow yet cute in my story - sorry I couldnt find a way to write this in the story so I added it in the a/n&oh well on with the story.

My name is Uchiha Sasuke and I dont really like anything in particular As he mentioned the last part of his sentence, he threw his famous glare at his fans that were ogling over him.

Sasuke how is that suppose to help our new student get to know you? There must be something you enjoy. For example a pet, a color, or a hobby, things like that.

Alright if it makes you feel better Ill just say that I like the color blue.

Iruka was beginning to feel disgusted with Sasukes rude behavior but then decided to shrug it off. Those low life Sasuke-fans had their pencils ready and in a rapid pace they took note of Sasukes favorite color. Then Iruka glanced up to a small boy with hazel eyes, who was currently sitting in front of Sasuke. Next

Hi Sakura, Im Hachi and by the way I love your hair its so pink and pretty, I wish I had pink hair too  Hachi turned around to face the cute Uchiha while everyone stared at him with similar look like this 0.o

Sasuke however stared into his hazel eyes giving a look like what the hell you weirdo, stay away from me. In no time Hachi flushed completely red seeing that his crushs eyes were on him. Sasuke began to feel sick to his stomach by this boys loving gaze. Hachi opened his mouth to speak again.

Well the thing&err&person I like is&s-Sa...suke-Chan& . he confessed shyly as he blew a kiss at the young Uchiha that was there before him. Yes people, Im gay he began winking at a very pale Sasuke.

Uhh&thanks for pointing that out Hachi, I would have never known. said Iruka as he suddenly felt his shoulders shudder as Hachi turned away from Sasuke with a huge grin.

OH MY GOD! I THINK SASUKE-KUN IS DEAD! shrieked a member of the Sasuke-fan club with a teary eyed face.

Sasuke didnt die, his head just went bang on the table, even I know that replied Naruto.

The sensei rushed over to unconscious boy, he checked him to see if he was okay and he was, then Iruka quickly went to the phone and called the school nurse. Meanwhile poor Hachi sobbed in the corner with the other Sasuke fan-boys, whimpering about something about Sasuke not liking boys. However the fan-girls were overjoyed at the great news about their beloved one not being gay, they did have their suspicions before but after witnessing Sasukes reaction it was clear that he wasnt.

o.0 This school is so scarewee and weird Sakura murmured.

"I think so too" said Ino in a cute tone.

At that moment the hyperactive youngster came about.

"Hey Ino, hey Sakura-Chan. What's up!" Naruto chirped in cheerfully.

"Ugh...what are you doing here, freak" Ino sneered, her usual gentle face was now cold as her blue orbs stood on the boy. This however caught Sakura by surprised, she let out a small gasp. She really didn't expect such a rude behavior from Ino, although she had only met her a couple minutes ago. Ino turned away from Naruto and began to speak with the pink haired girl.

"Sakura-Chan stay away from this boy, he's bad news"

"Shut up Ino! Who asked you about your opinions anyways? I'm tired of everyone outcasting me and I haven't even done anything wrong!" he shot back. Ino began to fume with anger as she rose from her chair.

"Who do you think your talking like that Naruto! Don't think just because you became pals with my Sasuke-kun I'm going to let you treat me like this!"

"What are you talking about Ino-pig! You're the one that started this by calling me a freak! If you would've kept your big mouth shut then we wouldn't have to be fighting!

" Well maybe if you would'nt have came over here in the first place none of this would have happened. What are you doing here anyways?"

"Well I sure didn't come here to talk with you Ino, but Sakura-chan." Naruto turned away from Ino to face Sakura who was uncomfortable by their loud dispute.

"Anou...Sakura-chan I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with me and my friend Sasuke"

"Uhh...sure"

' No way she's going to sit with My Sasuke-kun!...STUPID NARUTO! Geez...maybe I''m overeacting a bit Sasuke wouldn't like her anyways' Ino thought to herself as she sat back down in the chair , eyeing Naruto as he went back to his seat. ' I hope Sasuke-kun is okay though'

' What was that all about, why does Ino hate that boy so much? He seems so nice and polite, I guess I'll just ask him during lunch. I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit in withthe kids here' Sakura was beginning to miss herfriends in her old school.' Well at least I got you Mr. Yum Yum'She patted her teddy's head and smiled.

" Sakura.." Ino stared at pink haired youth and was becoming a bit worrried, for a moment shelookedsad. "Is everything alright?"

"..Yup no need to worry" Sakura forced a smiled upon her face.



Everything was a blurry.

A nearby window was sending direct waves of sunlight causing it to pierce through his obsidian orbs. His eyelids felt heavy and soon rubbed them becoming more of his surroundings as his vision cleared up.

He was in the nurse's office.

" Oh I'm glad to see that your finally awake. How are you feeling?"the lady(nurse) said as she approached the young boy, smiling.

" I'm fine.."

" It's almost lunch time, you can head towards the cafeteria if you like."

"Hai" he nodded and headed towards the door to exit while waving and a small smile.

" Bye be more careful next time"



Lunch time



"Shikamaru let's go to the candy store after school, ok?" He said as he hungrily gobbled down his food.

" You so lucky that you don't have a strict mother, if shewas tofind out it would be troublesome." replied Shikamaru, taking a sip of his apple juice.

Meanwhile...

"Sakura-chan be careful around that idiot Naruto, all he ever does it cause trouble. Well I'm sorry I can't join you but I have to meet up with Hinata and the rest of the girls. If you want to join us then come right over. Ja ne!"

And with that Ino was off leaving Sakura alone but that soon changed seeing that Naruto was running towards her.

"SAKURA-CHAN! Follow me I'll lead the way to the lunchroom, teme will meet us there. Believe it!"

She giggled at his words. Sakura couldn't find any reason for Ino to hate such a guy like him. He was funny and adorable, he didn't mean any harm.

When they got to their destination, they saw Sasuke waiting by lunch line. Naruto gently pulled Sakura as he made his towards his friend.

"How's it going Naruto" Sasuke said cooly. Then he spotted a girl behind Naruto but she wasn't just any other girl she had pink hair. And why was Naruto holding her hand? That thought came to him.

It seemed like the earlier events that occured that day seemed nothing but a dream to the dark haired boy. But after moment he recognized her, she was that girl that he met in the hallway. She was the new student!

" Sakura this is Sasuke. Sasuke this is Sakura. Now shake hands and let's go eat some RAMEN!"squealed Naruto and darted to get a bowl of ramen. Sakura and Sasuke soon followed slightlyamused by Naruto obsession with ramen.

After they all got their lunches and they all wanted to eat outside. Naruto pointed out a perfect table to sit at which was under a cherry blossom tree. Him and Sasuke argued a bit, but Naruto urged him that they should sit there considering that the tree's flowers matched up Sakura's natural hair color. However the Sasuke thought it was a stupid reason but he was feeling hungry so he eventually agreed.

"So your the new girl, huh? Well what do you think of this school?" Sasuke questioned, though he wasn't really interested but anything was better that just listening to Naruto's slurping. When it came to ramen Naruto was a messy eater. Sasuke just tried to start up a random conversation, he hated eating in complete silence it felt too awkward. Sakura wasn't sure how to answer, she thought if she told him the truth would he hate her. She didn't want to put a bad impression not on her first day of school. Truth be told she didn't really like the school and the kids seemed a little too odd.

" I like this school, it's so much fun and everyone is so nice. Even Mr. Yum Yum loves it here!" She did her best to fake a smile but it seemed to fail as she heard his next words.

"You're lying."

"..No I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"Nu uh!"

He sighed. " There's no reason to lie, you're not the only person here that hates this school. Naruto hates it here too but there's nothing he can do. Most of the kids here can't even look at Naruto without disrespecting him, they see him in the hallways and push him around. And when those kids used to pull pranks on the teachers they would all blame Naruto when he didn't even do anything and he would be the one to get into trouble. But since I've became friends with him most people decided to back down. An-"

Sasuke was cut off by a angry Naruto.

"SASUKE! WHY ARE YOU TELLING SAKURA-CHAN ALL THIS!" Naruto yelled at tthe top of his lungs, receiveing everyone's attention in the whole area.

" I'm right here Naruto no need to shout" Sasuke covered his ears and was a bit annoyed by his obnoxious behavior.

"Well my point is simple. Sakura if anyone decides to bother you they have to deal with me first."

" ...Sasuke are you feeling okay? Maybe you hit your head a little too hard on that desk but why would you tell Sakura-chan that" asked Naruto, he was dumbstrucked by his friends words it was so unlike him.

" Baka haven't you noticed besides me, she is the only person that actually treats you fair." replied Sasuke.

"..Domo Arigatou" Sakura didn't even know his name(she forgot lol)but all she knew that she could classify him(Sasuke) as a friend, as well as Naruto though she wasn't exactly sure about Ino. It was cruel of Ino to treat Naruto so nasty but besides that Ino seemed pretty okay.

(Sakura knows Naruto's name only cuz he said it like 4 times lol and she heard sasuke's name only twice.)

"Hn"

"Hey let's go to the swings" Naruto suggested with an over-joyed expression

As they headed towards the playground, Sakura quickly spotted the swings, Naruto ran to them to be the first one. Sakura took the right swing, Naruto left and Sasuke middle.

"HAH Sasuke I'm going higher than you are" Naruto challenged Sasuke, Sakura would have joined but unfortunately for her, she was wearing a skirt and didn't want to go that high.

"Not for long!" Sasuke yelled back accepting his challenge. She giggled at the thought of seeing how close the two boys were, they were like brothers always and Sasuke was like the older brother. He was the one who would stick up for Naruto but in reality Sasuke was really younger than Naruto by a couple of months. After a little fun with the swings, Naruto insisted that they play tag.

"Sorry but I can't play" said Sakura in a disappointed tone, she would reallly liked to but she couldn't run in a skirt. Naruto looked at her like she was crazy, what did she mean that she couldn't play?

"WHAT! Why not? Tag is the best game ever you don't know what you missing!"

" Uh..Naruto, she can't run in a skirt"



From a distance...

A purple haired girl named Ami was practically drooling at the sight of Sasuke. She was so pathetic, she claimed that Sasuke and her meant to be. On top of that she spread rumors that Sasuke only likes her when's it's the total opposite, he hates her. She felt a bit a jealous at the fact Sakura was spending too much with her Sasuke and started to plot a plan to get back at girl. Her two best friends watched her and they perfectly knew what was planning or at least an idea.



Suddenly a group of girls were a game of tag was getting to close to the pink haired girl. One of the kids accidently tripped over a rock and brought Sakura to the down as well.

" Gomen" the girl said with a frown and hurridly head back to the game with her friends after Sakura said she was ok.

"Umm..where's the bathroom anyways I need to clean this smudge of dirt off of Mr. Yum Yum" Sakura asked.

"Oh it's near the lunchroom, go through the doors and make a left" Sasuke answered while he cupped his hands into his pockets. Naruto started to daze out in space and Sasuke just decided to leave him there, fearing to hear all the commotion he would hear if he disturbed him. He turned aroung when he heard murmurs behind him, a voice a little too familar. As soon as his eyes on the target, it was a purple haired girl sprinting inside the school.

"Ami...what is she up to now" he said to himself.



Sakura finished cleaning up her teddy bear at was exiting the girls room when she spotted a purple haired girl. It kinda frightened her seeing a smirk on the girl's face and soon two more girls popped out from behind her.

"Well look what we have here, girls" She chuckled and walked closer the scared cherry blossom.

"What do you think you're doing with my Sasuke-kun? He's mine so back off, forehead girl!" Ami moved Sakura's bangs aside and poked her overly sized forehead.

" Take that stupid toy of hers Ami-chan!" the other girl snickered.

" NO! MR. YUM YUM IS MINE! GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

"Hah you actually gave a name to that peice of junk" Ami sneered, making a grab for the teddy bear but Sakura slapped her hand away.

"You're going to pay for that forehead!"

Ami slapped Sakura across the face and snatched away her precious toy. But Sakura didn't let that stop her, she grabbed her teddy bear back. Before they knew it they was having a tug o war, causing the bear's head to rip off.

Sakura bursted into tears seeing her 'best friend' was ruined. Ami quickly took a grasp of her shirt and dragged her towards the janitor's closet. When they reached it she pushed her into the small room and threw the ripped up teady bear at Sakura's face. But she didn't care anymore she just let her tears fallfrom her emerald orbs.

" Oh yeah before I forget stay away my Sasuke-kun! Make sure that sinks intothat thick head of yours" Ami snickered and slammed the door shut, locking Sakura in the closet.



Meanwhile...

Sasuke ran through hallways seaching for Sakura andtried to avoid his annoying fans.

"SASUKE-KUN! DON'T RUN AWAY FROM ME!" one fangirl cried out, chasing him as if her life depended on it.

"I BROUGHT A DOZEN ROSES FOR YOU SASUKE-CHAN!"Another fan screamed out, but this it was a boy.Soon a huge crowd gathered up behing the small boy and Sasuke tried to look for an escape route and ran at a corner then into a room.

He shut the door behind him fearing that one of those rabid boys or girls had seen him. Luckily for him they didn't and they kept running and running.It bothered him that it was so dark he didn't no where he was, the room appeared small. But then

he heard a small whimper and soft yet hurt voice say his name.

"Sasuke.."

"Sakura is that you, it's so dark I can't see. What were you doing here all alone?" he whispered so no nearby fans could hear him. He didn't notice it at first but she was crying and he put hand on her shoulder for comfort.( he didn't want to hug her, he doesnt know her that well it's been only one day)

"Did Ami put you in here?" he asked in angry tone, when he heard her cry louder , he took that as a yes.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure Ami never bothers you again. Come on let's get out of here."

"But how..? The door is locked and can only be open from the outside."



To be continued...



Authoress Note: Arent I an evil one, suffer with the damn cliffies XD Oh, and have fun reviewing my little duckies

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 11, 2007, 5:03:04 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Awsome story^^

ILoveInuyasha on May 31, 2007, 5:59:23 AM

ILoveInuyasha on
ILoveInuyashaNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!Mr. Yum Yum...AMI WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ila-Sweet on December 7, 2006, 6:24:08 AM

Ila-Sweet on
Ila-SweetAAAAwwwww
POOR MR.YUM YUM!!!!
FAVZ

SasuSaku01 on October 3, 2006, 10:32:52 AM

SasuSaku01 on
SasuSaku01THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES I HAVE READ IN A WHILE!!! WONDERFUL JOB!! KEEP WRITING MORE AND MORE AND MORE!!!

cherryblossom93 on October 1, 2006, 6:19:15 AM

cherryblossom93 on
cherryblossom93POOR MR.YUM YUM! Awwwwwww...LUV THE STORY! PLEASE WRITE MORE! -favs-

....I can't get over the teddy bear losing its head....I'm gonna have nightmares....