Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue

A story on the day Yami was transported from the real world to the anime world. ^-^ I've had lots of people review this on Fanfiction.net so hope u all like!

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue


Serena's POV



My name's Serena, I don't know why, but I've always believed in things… We believe that there's always something hidden, just waiting to be discovered… well, for me, things were always the same until… maybe I should start way back.

The day was bright and clean, the air smelled fresh. It was a normal Saturday morning. I flicked past the channels and same old news. Everything was the same… as it had always been.

I flicked to channel 10 and the show Yu-Gi-oh was on. I couldn't wait for another passing second as the intros began. My favorite show was on!! I stared and gaped at the screen as Yami's face appeared… Did he look gorgeous! If only he were real… No, I was day-dreaming again. Yami, he would NEVER appear in our real world… he was just a cartoon, that's right.

I watched the episode for thirty minutes, same-old episode on how Yami totally kicked Pegasus's butt. HA!! In your face PEGASUS!! Anyways, I heard my mom yelling for me to go and do something else instead of watching the stupid Television. “Like what?” I yelled back. “Go outside and explore our neighborhood!” A pang of annoyance hit me but I knew I had to go outside, no matter how torturous it was to leave the safety of my electronics.

I closed the door and walked around our neighborhood. I waved happily to Mrs. Johnson as she passed and played a little game of fetch with the neighbor's dog, Sparky. I really wanted to go back into the house…. so bored…



Yami's POV



I couldn't take another day off… orders were high and I had the workers make another statue of Anubus. The old one was gone because it had been destroyed by the Thief King, Bakura. Why, in the name of Ra, would he try to even make my job more difficult as it is? Perhaps he hates me… but for what?

I painfully rubbed my head as my advisor came into the Palace. It was the same annoying advisor that had came in month after month, day after day, year after year. Everyday, he had something to tell… why can't he solve problems for himself? Why me? “My Pharaoh, apparently, we've broken the Anubus's ear while lifting it up to attach it to the body. Would you like us to repair it?” I sighed. Why couldn't these people think for themselves? “Of course you have to fix it….” I almost snapped at the advisor but decided to control myself. “Utmost apologies to the superior one,” the advisor said, then stalked away.

I felt like my people and land have depended too much upon me, but then again, without me, there would be no order, no rules… but Chaos everywhere… I had no choice. Why can't I just live a normal life?

Another advisor or person came running in. However, I had never seen this advisor before… He wore a hooded cloak and had scabby claws… no, not my advisor, a visitor…He made his way across the entrance towards me. “Life does seem a bit complicated, yes?” he asked when he finally stood upon the podium. I glared suspiciously at this newcomer. “The palace is heavily guarded, how did you come here unscathed?” He waved off the question with his hand. “That is not important; you do seek a bride, yes?” I could tell he really wanted to change the subject.

I followed suit. “Yes, but unfortunally, I say none meet my expectations… My expectations are very high,” I said, raising a brow, “Surly, you don't have a woman with great beauty and personality that meets my expectations.” He chuckled at my response, and then said, “Ah, but yes, I do.” After saying that, he immediately ran up the steps towards my throne. While he “walked” towards my steps, he unsheathed a crystal ball from his cloak. He carried it over and set it on my lap. “Pharaoh, as you can see, you must choose a bride, and needless to say, I have found you one,” he said simply, his cold blue gaze stared at me.

“Why should I agree to your offerings, peasant?” I asked, glaring suspiciously at him. “You haven't seen the lady yet, now hush, Pharaoh,” he said. I scowled at him. No one in Egypt would ever command me… but why does he do it without regret? I examined his face, not even a trace of fear had shown upon his face… I didn't have the heart to call my guards in and chastise this low-life. So, I let him continue with his actions.

The crystal ball began to glow and smoke swirled inside it. “Now, Pharaoh, look closely into the crystal ball, you do see a lady, yes?”

I looked closer into the Crystal ball. Yes, indeed there was a lady. She had short blue hair that curled at the tips. Her eyes were brown but they were filled with honesty and kindness. Her face was beautiful and pure, yet she seemed absolutely gorgeous. Her skin was a smooth tan… I almost practically drooled at the picture… I felt myself become attracted to her, needless to say, I had found, at last, my bride… but her clothing and apparel, it doesn't quite match that of Egypt.

She wore of something that represented a skirt, but it had two skirts instead of one, for each leg. Her shirt looked something like that of Egypt's but still; it was simpler and less complex than the regular design. Otherwise, she looked absolutely beautiful…

After seeing the look upon my face, the “Peasant” said, “You like, yes?” “Yes….” I didn't finish my sentence. The so-called “Peasant” muttered a chant. I couldn't catch a single word or phrase he said, but immediately, after saying the chant, he clapped his hands. A dark portal opened through the Palace's ceiling and I felt myself being lifted up into the air. I tried to curse at the “Peasant” in Egyptian, but I couldn't because I had been absorbed into the dark hole. Where I was going, I didn't know…


Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Saizo209 on July 7, 2005, 2:42:51 AM

Saizo209 on
Saizo209Wow...... Yur good at drawing and writing!!!!!!!! so mamazing *favs*

Black_Breeze on May 26, 2005, 10:29:55 AM

Black_Breeze on
Black_BreezeThis is way more interesting than those wierd, "I got Transported into YGO" stories. This actually has a plot, how wonderful. *kudos to you*

Anyway, I have a few critiques about this. You have an excellent idea; pure genius, I rather enjoyed reading it. But there's a few things you need to learn about the rules of writing before you put in your next chapter. . .

One, Dialogue has to be seperate. If one person is talking and suddenly another person is, then you have to seperate it out. That's the rule. For example:

--------Yami stared at the girl's clothing strangely. "What is this. . . kilt?"

Serena smiled. "It's called pants, Yami."----------

You see what I mean? The paragraph in which the person is talking is like his/hers own little paragraph. And you need a bit of editing. Other than that, this was good. Please continue.


Animelover569 on May 25, 2005, 8:55:26 AM

Animelover569 on
Animelover569Thats cool!!!

xsaga on May 16, 2005, 8:18:11 AM

xsaga on
xsagaThat was really, really good. Please uppdate. I want to know what happens next.