Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Castle

Andi Taelen (TAY-len) goes in for a job interview when she and her father move to China. Her sister, Zero, goes in for another. Andi and Zero are SO in for it.

Oh yeah...no comments...NO NEW CHAPTERS!!!

Chapter 2 - Castle

Chapter 2 - Castle
I stood before a large monastery, ready for my training. Zero had gone off on a job interview, which, judging from her text message, had gone well.

Greedy.

She always was.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks, I suppose.

I took a deep breath in, ready to become a Xiaolin monk. They were the elite, the top corps in fight training--and they were all I needed to complete my experience with the martial arts.

Just as I was about to enter, i heard a rustle in the forest behind me. I turned, holding my staff ready for anything.

Out stepped a young man with hair so dark it had a hunter green sheen to it.

"Andrea Taelen?" he asked. I tensed, completely silent. "My name is Chase Young."

"Chase Young?" I relaxed. This man was legend in martial arts history. But how was he still alive? He fought with the Xiaolin Master Monk thousands of years ago!

"Yes. I'm here to offer you a far better opportunity that any these bumbling Xiaolin idiots can give you."

"How do you know my name?"

"A boy named Jack Spicer told me of your sister--he seems to have taken quite a shine to her, even if the feeling isn't mutual. Can't say I blame her. At any rate, he began complaining about her sister--that's you--and how all Zero said she did was talk about her fight skills. You've...piqued my interest with your resume, dear girl."

"How do you intend to train me?" If he was legit, I would only become a better fighter. If he was a conman, I could fight my way out.

There are few who are more deadly than me.

"I will take you to my home--a castle, if you will--and train you there. You shall become a member of a force stronger than even the Xiaolin."

"And what, may I ask, is this force called?"

"The Heylin."

Something in that word made my heart jump. It made me feel stronger, more alive. As though the Heylin were simply my calling.

"If you join me," he continued, his voice now giving me chills of excitement, "I wil make you a force to be reckoned with--one whom all will fear. All you need to do is make a pact, Andrea."

"Call me Andi. I agree to this...pact. I'll have to tell my father."

"Already done. He thinks you've been enrolled to a private monastery."

"How--?"

"Don't worry about that right now," Chase grinned, the sun glinting off what seemed to be perfectly white fangs. "Now, down to business."

Chase held out his hand to me, for a handshake. As soon as I took his hand, a pain shot up my arm, as though I had been cut.

I yanked my hand away, and there, in my hand, was a fresh cut--not deep enough to draw blood, but enough to bring blood to the surface of my skin.

It was in the shape of a dragon circling a reptilian or feline eye.

"Is this the pact?"

He nodded.

"Welcome," he grinned darkly, "To the Heylin."

~~Andi Taelen

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SamuraiNinjaGirl1 on March 28, 2009, 2:19:59 PM

SamuraiNinjaGirl1 on
SamuraiNinjaGirl1nice story! oh, and can you check out mine?

SamuraiNinjaGirl1 on March 28, 2009, 2:18:44 PM

SamuraiNinjaGirl1 on
SamuraiNinjaGirl1nice story! oh, and can you check out mine?