Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Father's Past

InuTaisho's (InuYasha's father) old friend Yoshiko, a young seer, made a promise to watch over InuYasha and Sesshomaru after he died. What happens when Sesshomaru joins the Inu gang and falls in love with Yoshiko? What if Yoshiko feels the same for him? W

Chapter 1 - A Father's Past

Chapter 1 - A Father's Past
A Father’s Past InuYasha and the gang were walking into a village. They had just defeated a very tough demon. InuYasha was pretty badly hurt. Everyone else had injuries but nothing too serious. “Lets find a house to rest at. We need to find a healer to help InuYasha.” Kagome suggested. “Feh. These wounds are nothing.” InuYasha said stubbornly. He winced in pain and leaned closer to Kagome who was helping him stand up. “InuYasha, you need to see a healer. Demon or not demon you need help.” Shippo pointed out from Kagome’s shoulder. Suddenly they heard a loud noise from the forest they had just come out of. It was hundreds of demons and they could see Naraku at the edge of the forest smiling. InuYasha went to get his Tetsusaiga, but collapsed from exhaustion. “He can’t fight any more. He’s too weak.” Sango said. Suddenly a girl ran to the edge of the village. To Miroku, Sango, and Shippo she was dressed in strange clothes, but to Kagome she was dressed normally. She was wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and a zipper hoody. She had long black hair that went to the middle of her back. It was curly, but she had it tied back. There were no bangs in her face, but they couldn’t see her eyes. She looked about 18 years old. She held a staff in her hand. It had a point at the top and it looked SHARP. It also was curled at the top for about 4 inches. She thrust the staff into the ground and went onto her knees. A barrier came up around the whole village. When the demons ran into the barrier they instantly died. Naraku tried to come in the barrier once and for trying he got thrown back on his @$$. He tried again, but this time the girl flinched. He was about to get through. Kagome got her arrows ready. Then a sudden burst of energy came from the girl. Naraku was burned before being thrown from the barrier to the ground several feet away. The girl held the barrier up for half an hour until all the demons were gone and Naraku was out of sight. He had burn marks on his face and his shirt was in shreds. As soon as the barrier was down the girl collapsed. Nobody said a word. Nobody had said a word the whole time. The only noise that had ever been made was by the little children. They had cried and shouted for their mothers. Everyone else didn’t know what to say. This girl had just saved all their lives. Someone started to cheer for her. Kagome, Sango, and Miroku ran to see if she was alright. Shippo stayed with InuYasha. Kagome rolled the girl over. Her eyelids flickered a little and almost opened. Kagome thought she had seen InuYasha in a purple light. The girl then turned her head and moaned. ‘What was that?’ Kagome wondered as the girl drifted into unconsciousness. “Hey, are you alright?” Kagome asked concerned. “We should get her and InuYasha to a nearby house.” Sango said. “You can bring her to my house.” a man offered. He looked to be as old as Keade. “She had just healed me and my daughter of a bad disease before the demons came.” he said walking toward them to help carry her. “I’ll carry her to your house.” Miroku said. Sango gave Miroku a very bad look. “I’ll have Kilala carry her.” Sango said. She called Kilala over and put the girl on her back. ‘I’m not that bad. Am I ?’ Miroku wandered as he walked behind them.************************* InuYasha woke up later that afternoon. He was dizzy and didn’t feel very good, but seeing everyone, especially Kagome, bandaged and healing made him feel better. It was strange that he visited the girl who had saved the village quite often. He was drawn to her and loved to look at her bracelet. It was a simple dainty chain with a single white bead. The girl woke up three days after the attack. InuYasha and Kagome were with her when she woke up. “InuYasha, she’s waking up.” Kagome told InuYasha. “Umm. Where am I?” the girl asked. She had a musical and wise voice, but it was still very youthful. Her eyes were a crystal blue. She sat up, but was a little shaky. “It’s ok. You’re still in the village. Do you remember being in the village?” Kagome asked kindly trying to steady the girl. “Yes. I remember healing several people. I was a little tired when I left the house. I was healing at and then the demons came. I put up my barrier up for a long time. Who are you?” the girl was looking at Kagome, “You are dressed in clothes from a different time. You also have powers of a priestess.” InuYasha and Kagome were shocked at how much this girl knew by just looking at Kagome. She hadn’t even looked at InuYasha yet. “How do you know all that?” InuYasha asked her rudely. Then she looked at InuYasha and her eyes widened. She looked terrified. She recognized his white hair instantly. She also recognized his little ears. Those same old goofy dog ears. “Oh my God! InuYasha, what are you doing here? I thought you were closer to Keade’s village.” she said obviously confused and disturbed. “Who are you and how do you know me?!” InuYasha shouted. Normally he would have gotten ready to attack, but something about her was familiar. “I’m sorry. You probably don’t remember me. You where just a baby when I distanced myself from most of your family. My name is Yoshiko. I’m an old family friend. I was always close to your family until….” She didn’t finish the sentence only looked down at the sheets and took on an even more sad and lonely expression. “Until when?” Kagome asked. “I would rather not talk about it. It was a long time ago and I still haven’t dealt with it. I knew your family ever since I was born, which was over 1,000,000 years ago. I was really close to your father. I’m a Seer, but I’m also one of the most powerful creatures in the world, past, present, or future. I can also heal, fly, See into peoples hearts or minds, and, if my eyes are uncovered, anyone who looks into them will see their future as I do.” Yoshiko explained. They were starting to think that Yoshiko wasn’t a very happy person. She seemed lost or confused or something. “But why do you have clothes from my time?’ Kagome asked. “Because I can also travel through time, among other things. I can do pretty much anything. With my eyes uncovered that is. I can’t do a lot with my eyes covered.” Yoshiko said. “How could you live for so long and not appear to age?” InuYasha asked. “Because I am immortal to aging and sickness till I find a soul and take it into me. I have a soul now. It is the bead on this bracelet,” She lifted her wrist showing it to them; “I have not taken it in yet because I haven’t found the right time yet. And I would rather not tell you whose soul it is.” Yoshiko said, answering InuYasha and Kagome’s questions before they even asked. Miroku, Sango, and Shippo popped their heads into the room Yoshiko was in. “Miroku, Sango and Shippo I take it.” Yoshiko said looking a little happier. “InuYasha who is this?” Shippo asked crawling on the bed toward Yoshiko’s feet. Yoshiko smiled a little. ‘She looks a lot nicer when she smiles. I wonder what happened between her and InuYasha’s father.’ Kagome wondered as she watched InuYasha introduce her to everyone.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Gin-Ookami on January 21, 2006, 2:36:05 AM

Gin-Ookami on
Gin-OokamiHey,I love your work! Keep it up!!*super favs*
*shoves bucket of cookies into your mouth*