Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A Different Feeling

InuTaisho's (InuYasha's father) old friend Yoshiko, a young seer, made a promise to watch over InuYasha and Sesshomaru after he died. What happens when Sesshomaru joins the Inu gang and falls in love with Yoshiko? What if Yoshiko feels the same for him? W

Chapter 3 - A Different Feeling

Chapter 3 - A Different Feeling
A Different Feeling It had been a week since Yoshiko had confessed. She had become distant. Not exactly cold, but very much like it. She wouldn’t talk much. She usually did a lot for everyone, but just did it and then would turn a way like she had done something wrong. Kagome was getting worried. She took InuYasha into the woods one day. “InuYasha, I’m worried about Yoshiko. She is barely eating anything, will only drink when Sango, Shippo, or I ask her to, and her eyes have changed. Before you could sense there were scares, things that hurt her, but now you only need to see her eyes to know she has been hurt and it is killing her. Her eye color has completely changed. They were a nice sky blue, but now they’re like ice. I think you should talk to her.” Kagome told InuYasha it was a lecture, but she didn’t care. He needed to be told Yoshiko was hurting. “I have tried to talk to her, Kagome. She won’t listen. I think there is something else. Maybe having me around and talking about my father is bringing back bad memories.” InuYasha said frustrated. He started to describe his discussion with Yoshiko yesterday.**Flashback** InuYasha had fallen to the back of the group to talk to Yoshiko. She never even looked at him. “Yoshiko…how close were you and my father?” InuYasha had asked curiously. She stayed quiet looking ahead as she walked. “I’m sorry that I was so quiet after you told us about my father’s soul.” he apologized looking at the white bead that contained the soul. She was still quiet. He stepped in front of her blocking her way. She looked into his eyes. What InuYasha saw in them scared him. He saw a pain that ran through her veins. She regretted so much. “Yoshiko please talk to someone. Your eyes they’re…scaring me.” he confessed. “I’m sorry. I just need to be alone right now.” Yoshiko said coldly. “Then why are you sticking around?” he asked. She bit her lip before gaining the courage to speak again. “I stay because I promised to look after you, Sesshomaru, and your mother. I promised your father that and I already lost your mother. I’m not going to fail your father again.” she said stubbornly and pushed passed him. ‘I wish you were here.’ she thought desperately wishing for her best friend for the millionth time.**End of Flashback** “What can we do?” Kagome asked after he was done telling her everything. “I don’t know.” InuYasha said fed up with all the trouble. He sat down trying to think. Kagome decided to join him and sat next to him. After a moment she laid her head on his shoulder. This made InuYasha feel weird inside. “I think I’ll go see what she is doing.” Kagome said hesitating a minute, but then kissed his cheek. That made his whole body heat up. “Thanks for telling me this.” Then she left making him feel cold in the absents of her warmth.**********Meanwhile*********** Yoshiko was at a nearby lake. Her hair flowed down her back as she walked gracefully into the lake. She was taking a late night bath. She knew InuYasha was dealing with what she had told him. She wasn’t though. She was getting more and more depressed everyday. She saw so much of InuYasha’s father in InuYasha, himself. She cried into the lake. She loved to go under, but hated to come back up, back to the real world. Yoshiko, not knowing that someone was watching, swam through the water freely. ‘She’s so beautiful but, there is a coldness to her. It isn’t natural though. She’s like this from pain. …If only I could help. What the hell am I thinking?! I don’t even know her! And she is obviously a human!’ Sesshomaru thought as he looked at her. He was silently watching from a tree. The moonlight made her look like more than a human. It made her look immortal. Like nothing could harm her. It only just light everything enough to see her perfect figure. Her face was a light in the darkness. Sesshomaru decided to get closer. He had left Jaken and Rin back a couple of miles. He didn’t know what he was going to do, but he knew there was something to her. He felt something so strong and unfamiliar to him. He didn’t know what it was, but he liked it. He took off his shoes and armor and walked in the lake. It was like he was in a trance. Suddenly Yoshiko heard someone walk into the lake. She turned and saw someone in the shadows walking in. ‘It can’t be.’ she thought. ‘He is dead.’ Her breathing came short. Then she saw who it was. It was his son Sesshomaru. She hadn’t seen him since he was a little boy. He was far more handsome than she remembered seeing him in her visions. She thought her feelings would have left, but they didn’t. He stopped when he saw her turn around. They looked at each other. Not knowing anything, but their feelings. He was a little uneasy because of the new emotion that was taking over. The emotion was wonderful and it was all because of this gorgeous girl. He couldn’t even stop looking at her eyes. They seem to brighten and become a more ocean blue when she saw him. She was feeling something she hadn’t felt in years. It was true happiness. She forgot all her worries. All she could think about was him. Then Yoshiko realized that she was above water and only had on her soul bracelet. Her hair was covering her breast, but that wasn’t nearly good enough. She turned and ducked wishing she was somewhere else. Then she felt something warm on her shoulders. Sesshomaru had put his outer robe on her shoulders. She wrapped it around her and then used her powers to heat it up as she turned to face him. He was shocked when he saw her dry his robe in a matter of seconds. After a few seconds he didn’t even care or remember. He felt an overwhelming urge to just wrap his arms around her. They just stood there for what seemed like a long time. All they saw were the others eyes. They didn’t know what was happening. All they knew was how they felt and all they saw was an overpowering emotion in the others eyes. “Yoshiko!! Are you there? Where are you?!” came Kagome’s voice from the woods. Yoshiko was suddenly knocked out of her daze and realized that they were really, really close. He had his arms around her waist and her arms were on his chest. His face was coming close to hers. She gently pushed him away and ran toward the voice. Yoshiko found Kagome shortly after she had left the lake. “Yoshiko, what’s wrong? You look a little scared and whose robe is that?” Kagome asked concerned. “I… I just…” Yoshiko couldn’t even talk about it. Then a smile spread across her face at the thought of what would have happened if Kagome had come a few minutes later. Kagome noticed this and decided to drop the subject. This was the first time she had seen Yoshiko smile happily since they had left the village. “Let’s go back to camp. You can talk to someone tomorrow if you want.” Kagome suggested. Yoshiko nodded slightly and Kagome helped her stand up. ‘Whatever happened I’m glad. She is clearly a lot happier than before.’

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Silverleaf on October 2, 2005, 12:02:02 AM

Silverleaf on
SilverleafCMON!!! WRIGHT MOOOOOORRRREEEE!!! I WANTTO NO WHAT HAPPEND-COUGH-WRIGHT MORE-COUGH-