Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 1

it's about a guy that's alone in the world.

Chapter 1 - 1

Chapter 1 - 1
A fifteen-year-old boy with short dark brown straight hair and dark brown cat eyes walked down the suburban street. He had cat ears and a tail. He also had fangs. Rex didn’t know why he had these features but knew he was the only one. He had no friends and lived with Anna, his maid, in a two-story house on top of a hill over looking the town. He used to hate the fact everyone feared him but he grew to like it. He never really knew his family. His father died in a lab accident when he was young and his mother died after giving birth to him. Anna home schooled him. After home school he go down to the town and scare kids that are walking home from school.
Today is a normal day at least he thought it was. As he walked down Elm Street he heard someone coming so he jumped behind a van. A young girl with long dark red hair and brown eyes turned onto the street. She looked very shy and a little scared. Than a group of kids came down the street and headed towards a house with orange leafs everywhere. On the door step one of the kids called out “ hey Jessica! You better watch out or your kitty going to get you! “
Rex jumped out “ You better be talking about a real kitty!” Rex growled and showed his fangs. The kids ran inside but Jessica stayed. She went up and hugged him.
Jessica said “thank you”
Rex stared confused. “For what?” he asked
Jessica smiled and said, “making them go away. They wouldn’t stop making fun of me for saying your good and not a monster.”
Rex laughed and said “ but I am. So why don’t you run?”
Jessica said shyly “ your to cute to be a monster” she played with his ears.
Rex jumped back. Not understanding what was going on. Rex said, “ Your supposed to be scared not hugging me and stuff?”
She just giggled and starched his ear. A feeling over came him and he started purring. Than he snapped out of it and yelled, “ Stop that!”
Jessica just laughed and said, “ my name Jessica but you probably already know that and they said yours was rex, right?”
Rex just glared at her for a second than she garbed his arm. “Lets go to your place,” she said
Rex sighed and gave in. They walked to his house.
They stopped on the front parch of the run down house. “We’re going to my room. I don’t want my house keeper seeing you”
They walked into a hallway. On the left was the living room and on the right was a library with a bar on the far wall. At the end was the doorway to the kitchen. There was a staircase in the hallway with a door on the side of it that had an old padlock on it. At top of the stairs they saw six doors. One was a bathroom and one was his parents’ bedroom. One was his bedroom and the other was Anna’s. The rest were guest bedrooms. He dragged her into his bedroom. He had a king size bed and a dresser. He sat in front of the bed and Jessica sat behind him one the bed. She started playing with his ears. He started to say something but figured it do no good and it felt kind of good. He started purring and wagged his tail. They talked for a while than when it got late she went home. That night he lay there thinking. He thought about how to get rid of her. He finally figure she end up thinking he was a monster and leave him alone. He grinned and started planning how to scare his next victim tomorrow. He dozed off while coming up with his plans.
After school he went to the town and started towards the school. He heard the school bell ring and wagged his tail excitedly. Than out of nowhere Jessica tackled him. “Hi Rex!” she said happily.
Rex growled “ how am I supposed to scare anyone with you?” he stood up and dusted off.
Jessica said, “ Stop scaring.”
They hung out for a while than. They became friends and rex went to the school to meet her everyday. He grew to like her hanging around and really liked being starched on the ear.
On Christmas Eve she asked him “ Are you going to be alone tomorrow?”
Rex said emotionlessly “ yeah”
Jessica said looking down “ would you like it if I came here and spent Christmas with you?”
Rex wanted to say yes but thought about it for a second. He said softly “ yeah, I guess”
Jessica smiled and hugged him. “I’ll just go home and get some things than I’ll come back and spend the night.” She said and went out the door. Rex just stood there his tail wagging.
A little bit later she came back. She had a duffle bag with her.
“It’s late so I guess I should get to bed.” Jessica said
Rex took her to a guest room and than went to his. The next morning he woke up with her on his back bouncing up and down. “It’s morning. Time for presents so wake up!” she yelled
“I’m awake,” he said sleepily. Than he remembered he hadn’t got her anything. He frowned as he got up as this terrible feeling came over him. Hopefully she didn’t get anything for him he thought. She than handed him a sliver chain with a cross on it. The feeling got worst.
“ Jessica, I can’t take this because I forgot to buy you something,” he said sadly
She just smiled and said, “ It’s ok. Anyways you did give me something. You gave me your friendship.” She than put the necklace on him and hugged him. He than got up and got dressed and they started towards her house.
It was snowing really bad and hard to see. Jessica was ahead of him playing in the snow. As they crossed the street his ear twitched as he heard a car speeding toward Jessica. He ran and pushed her out of the way but he was unable to get out of the way his self. He felt the cold medal of the car slam into him. His body went limp and rolled over the car. The car slammed on its brakes and the driver got out. The driver grabbed a cell phone and called 911. Rex lay there on the ground looking up at the snow. Jessica ran over to him and laid his head on her lap. He purred softly and than saw a tear slide down Jessica’s cheek. He whimpered and leaned up and licked her cheek. He wagged his tail and tried to smile but the pain made it hard to. He started to black out as an ambulance pulled up.
At the hospital he woke up and looked around he saw Jessica sitting beside the bed.
“You’ve been out for a day but your healed fully” she said “ Anna came by here and told me about you.”
Rex looked at her confused
“She told me why you have your ears and stuff. Your father made you like that. “ She said
Rex said, “ I really don’t want to know why anymore. I’m glad about who I am and if it wasn’t for my ears I might not have meet you.” he smiled and wagged his tail.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShadowsGirl101 on December 7, 2006, 6:49:13 AM

ShadowsGirl101 on
ShadowsGirl101Awwww!