Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

The Pharoah has an orphaned niece that has lived with him ever since she was litte. She doesn't know that Her uncle is the Pharoah and she inherits his position because he had been hiding it from her. She meets a Priest her age and he knows this secret.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1






*In this story, Atemu and Seto are not cousins. . . not even related.*





** Disclaimer - I don't own Yugioh











Chapter 1











"Genivieve, your uncle needs you," a servant called outside of my door, "I think it has something to do with the ball." "Alright, I'll be right there!" I replied. "Do you know where he is at the moment?" I asked. "I do believe he is in the throne room right know," The servant informed me, opening my door. "Ok, thanks,"I said. I had been drawing in my room while I was sposed to be practicing. I trotted down the stairs into one of the hallways that led to the throne room. There my uncle was, sitting in his golden chair as usual. "Genivieve, have you been practicing your formal dancing?" My uncle asked. "The ball is in two weeks." "A little. . ." I could tell that he knew I was lying by the look in his eyes. "I want you practicing, is that clear?" He said sternlly. "Yes, Uncle Atemu, sorry Uncle Atemu," I apologized. "Good then, now if you don't mind I would like you to go into the city and get a few things for me while I go and make preperations with High Priest Seto," He said, handing me a basket with a list and a few gold coins. Ever since I turned 14, he's been asking me to go out in the city a lot, to the point to where I'm hardly at home . I guess he thinks I can be trusted out in public. It's not that I don't like going out in the city, it's just that the people always treat me like nobility and it makes me uncomfortable. But I'm not nobility, atleast I don't think I am. My uncle has been my permanent care giver ever since I was little and was a very rich man. He lives in what I think is a temple. He is always finely dressed everyday with a blue cape, a golden 'Eye of Anubis' head band, ear pieces, and a golden shoulder piece which I also had connected to my cape. He has High Priests and Priestesses, and I was being trained as a priestess even though I wasn't anyone's 'Priestess'. High Priestess Isis was my instuctor. But my uncle has acted like he's been hiding something from me ever since I was put under his care. Everyone always called him 'Atemu' or 'sir', well, atleast around me they did.





We walked out of the temple together and at the last minute he put ten more gold coins in my hand. "Here," he said. "Go buy yourself a dress for the ball, preferably olive green. It will match your eyes and go with your complection very well." "But uncle, it is getting late at night and the shops will most likely be closing after I get done collecting your stuff," I exclaimed. "And do I really have to wear a dress?" "I would much rather you to, this is the most important event of the year. And if they are closing, all you have to do is tell them your name and that I sent you," He informed me. We said our goodbyes and I went towards the city. It really was a facinating place. I just didn't like how when I ever went there. . .I was always being stared at or being bowed at or being treated like nobility and I don't know why.





* * *





After getting Uncle Atemu's Things, I went to the tailor. Suprizingly. . . he wasn't closing his shop. I aproached him suddenly. "Excuse me sir. . .b," he cut me short. "Ahh. . .Priestess Genivieve," He said greeting me and started to bow but I cut him short. "Please. . . don't bow," I said, "But do you have a dress in olive green?" "Yes, I believe I do," the tailor said, answering my question, "But I would say it is quite expensive. "How much is it?" I wondered. "It is about seven gold coins, do you have that much?" "Yes sir, I do," I told him. "May I try it on?"





He lead me to the dressing chamber and I put it on. I really liked it. It was an olive green, sleavless wrap dress with a silk scarf to go around my shoulders. I looked at the fit. It was perfect! I changed into my regular clothes and purchased the dress. He wraped it up and I put it in the basket. Then I realized that I needed shoes to go with my dress. I asked the tailor if he had any shoes and he did. I bought them also and headed my way back to the temple. As I walked into the throne room, I noticed that my uncle wasn't there but I saw High Priestess Isis standing around so I went up to her. "High Priestess, do you know where my uncle is? I asked her. She replied, "He just went to his chambers." I thanked her and went towards my uncle's chamber. I had to go down a few long hallways . Every time I do this I wonder why someone would want a place as big as this! You could get lost for all eternity in this place if you didn't know it well enough. I finally reached his door and knocked on it. "Come in," I heard a voice say. I walked in and saw my uncle sitting at his table doing nothing but being bored. He looked really glad to see me, probably because he knew I would keep him out of boredom. "Did you get the things I asked you to get?" He asked. I nodded and handed my uncle the basket while taking out my dress and shoes. "And I see you did purchase you a dress, what color is it?" He told me to get olive green, so I did. "It is olive green, . . . like you told me to get," I said, very comfused as to see that he would ask that question. "Good," he said knowingly. "It is getting late, you should be going to bed." I agreed with him and bid him goodnight. Just as I was about to walk out, High Priest Seto had barged in. "My Phar-," he said loudly but then soon relized that I was in the room so he cut off quickly. "There is an emergancy at my temple and you are needed right away!" He quickly got out of his chair and hurried over to the High Priest. "Genivieve, go off to bed. I will see you in the morning," My uncle exclaimed and I said nothing. The only thing that was going through my head was how High Priest Seto had greeted my uncle. 'My Phar-' I was getting sleepy so I decided to let the matter drop. Besides, I don't think that my Uncle Atemu could possibly be the pharoah. . . right?"





I didn't forget it totaly the next day. I was so confused that I just decided to stay in my room and practice my formal dancing in my new shoes, just to get used ot them. There wasn't really anything about them to get used to, but I always do this with any pair of shoes that I get. I think I got this dancing thing down, but I just don't know who I'd be dancing with. After I finished practicing for the day, I got my dress out of the bundle and hung it up on my closet door; I didn't want it to get wrinkled. I layed my shoes down under it. I sat down on chair that was next to my window looking at the dress, wondering why my uncle wanted me to go to this ball so badly. I got bored of the subject so I decided to walk around the temple. I came across the throne room. Beside the entryway was a bench across from some heiroglyphic writing on the wall that I never really noticed in my 13 years of living here. I sat there and read it. It was very interesting, about earlier pharoahs and high priests and priestesses before our time. Then I came across something that looked a little modern. It had all the names of my uncle's high priests and priestesses, but then I notices a cartouch. I got to the 'A' and 'T', but then I noticed some conversation going on in the throne room. It involved my uncle and one of his high priests. "My Pharoah," he was greeted by his High Priest. "High Priest Seto," My uncle greeted him. "Did you make preparations regarding your nephew?" Uncle Atmeu asked. "I have a search party including my priests and priestesses looking for him," High Priest Seto replied. "Good, we need him back as soon as posible if things are going to go as planned at the ball. I just don't see why he would run away. You have been treating him farely, have you not?" "Yes I have. . . I'm offended you would ask," High Priest Seto replied hastily. "I'm sorry High Priest, but this ball is securing my neice and your nephew's future," My uncle apologized. Wait, what does he mean by that? I don't want my future to be secured. I want it to just go anyway it heads! I decided to go to my room and think about it. I sat on my bed, looking out at the city, the moonlight shining bright upon it. My uncle was hiding something from me and I think I had an Idea of what it was. I highly doubt it though. 'What should I do?' I thought to myself.





* * *





Pharoah Atemu






"Gevivieve, would you like to join me for breakfast?" I asked, knocking on her door. ". . ." I heard no reply. "Genivieve, are you there?" I opened the door. She wasn't there.I ran down the hall looking in all of her favorite places, all were vacant. Then I saw High Priestess Isis coming towards me. "Isis, have you seen Genivieve?" I asked, hope apparent in my voice. She possesed the Millinium Necklace, which gave her the power to see the future or the past in someone else's eyes. "Are you having a vision?" "Yes, My Pharoah. She has run away, but to where I am uncertain of," High Priest Isis said. "Thank You," I said.





Genivieve





So I made it out of the temple without anyone noticing me, but that was nothing compared to what I'd have to do once word got out that I had run away. I was a Priestess though. I knew magic. I could hide myself, but not right now. I don't think word has gotten out.





* * *





I went to the city, deciding to do some exploring. Even though I pretty much knew where everything was, I still didn't know a lot about it. As I went walking on, I noticed a magic shop. I had quite a few gold coins in the bag, so I guess I would buy something. I looked at all their weapons but was drawn to a golden rod with the 'Eye of Anubis' on the top. "Excuse me sir, but how much is that rod over there?" I asked the owner. "It is ten gold coins," the store owner replied. I purchased it not knowing its power, I got it just because it looked cool. As I was walking around trying to get this thing to work, I ran in to someone. "Hey. . .Watch it!" the boy yelled. "I'm sorry, I was just trying to get this thing to work and I wasn't watching where I was going and I. . ." I babbled as I lended a hand to the person I knocked down. He stood up, looked at me in a starteled manner, and bowed at me. "My apologieze," he said and I blushed. "No, it was my fault. By the way, My name's Genivieve. I'm 14. I'm a priestess under High Priestess Isis," I told him. "Ahh. . . I see. My name is Hery Sheshta, but you can just call me Chase. I'm also 14 and a Priest under High Priest Seto. So, what are you doing out here?" He asked. "Well. . . I sorta. . .ran away from home. My uncle has been bugging me about this stupid ball and he's been hiding something from me for so long. I just want to know what it is ." I said. "Do you mean your Uncle Atemu?" Chase asked. "Yes. . ." I said in a 'How did you know' manner, "Do you know what he's been hiding from me?" I wondered. "I do," the priest said. "But I swore my Uncle Seto that I wouldn't tell a soul, and if I did, he could feed me to the shadows." I exclaimed, "But please te..." He cut me off. "It's for me to know and you to find out," He said dramatically. "So, what are you doing out here?" I asked. "I ran away too. My uncle has been bugging me about a ball, telling me that I'm going to have to dance with a girl. I don't even know who she is and I don't want to dance!" He told me. "Wait. . . you don't think were talking about the same ball, do you?" I asked. "No, not at all," Chase replied. "Ahh. . ." I said, and I changed the subject. "Do you know how to work this stupid thing?" I asked. "No, I don't," he replied. "Why'd you get it?" "I thought it looked cool," I said. He looked a me like I was stupid.





* * *





Priest Chase





Why would she buy a golden rod if it looked cool? Well anyways, I think she's kinda cute. Maybe we are talking about the same ball, but something tells me that we aren't.





* * *





"Well, you said that you wanted to know what your Uncle Atemu was keeping from you, right?" I asked. She nodded. "First, we will start off with your grandfather's old temple." We set off east towards the temple. We traveled all day and still haven't reached our destination by nighfall. We walked all night and finally reached the temple by morning.





Pharoah Atemu





High Priestess Isis, High Priest Seto, and I started our search for Genivieve and Chase the next day even though there were hundreds of people looking for the young priest. High Priestess Isis said we had nothing to worry about, yet ; they weren't in danger. She had a vision that Genivieve had went to a magic shop in the outer skirts of the city. Isis lead the way and we finally got there. "Sir, have you seen a tall girl? She's about this big and has dark hair and dark eyes," I described her. "Yes My Pharoah, she purchased the Millinium Rod yesterday," The shop owner told us. "Do you know which way she headed?" High Priest Seto asked urgently. "She went that way."





Priestess Genivieve





We entered the temple. I was dark, dusty, and felt very damp. I couldn't see, so Chase lit a lamp. I'm sorta glad I ran into him. To tell the truth, I think he's kinda cute. I wish we were talking about the same ball, but I know we weren't. He handed the torch to me and I saw some heiroglyphic writing on the wall. I started to read it. It said something about 'Atemu' and my name also. Beside my cartouch was a picture of the rod that I had bought yesterday. It was called the Millinium Rod. No wander I was drawn to it. I inherit the rod! But why? "Genivieve, I have a feeling that someone is coming for both of us. I do think it is our uncles," Chase warned me. "Where should we go next?" I asked. "I don't know, but let's just get out of here," he suggested. "Alright," I said as we both exited the building together, side by side.





Pharoah Atemu





So she bought the Millinium Rod. I knew this day would come, I mean, we both inherit it. I just never got to it. I think Genivieve is ready to be pharoah, -(Girls can be pharoahs too)- I just didn't think that it would be this soon. She has grown so fast. It seams like yesterday that I took her into my care after her parents got killed by the opposite side in the war. She hardly remembers her parents but knows they are dead and the reason why, and I remember that moment as clear as day. . .





~Flashback~





"My Pharoah," a guard said to me, "This child is the only thing we could find in the house alive. Her parents are. . ." He handed me young Genivieve and walked away. She was sleeping. She had no Idea what was going on. I thought of her father as a tear ran down my eye. My brother was nobility but he chose to give it up to be with the woman he loved. Our father wouln't let us even talk to a commoner. "Oh, brother," I said angrily and saddened at the same time. She looked just like him; She had his eyes. I went and sat down in my throne and saw a servant walking by. I got her attention. "Please prepare a room for this child, preferably close to my chambers," I ordered her. "Yes, my pharoah," she said and bowed. I looked at her for long time while a million things were running through my head. 'Should she know that she is royalty?' 'Should she know that I am pharoah?' I thought. "No, She won't know. She will be confused enough already and to tell her. . .I couldn't imagine what state of mind she would be at," I said to myself. "I will tell her when she is older and will understand all of what I'm saying." She awoke and started to cry. "It's alright," I said soothingly, trying to comfort her, "It's alright."





~End Flashback~





"My Pharoah, I just had another vision. I do belive she is at your father's old temple with Priest Chase," High Priestess Isis told me when we had just exited the city. "Then let's go," I exclaimed with confidience in my voice. "He better not be telling her anything!" High Priest Seto exclaimed. "Do not worry High Priest, he is not telling her anything but is making her figure out herself," High Priestess Isis assured him. "Good, because I think it's time that she knows," I said. "I just wanted to tell her myself." "I think it is best that she figures out like this. In this manner, she will know a lot about her family origin," High Priest Seto suggested. "Your right, I think I can trust her now. Let's not bring this up at the ball. I want her to approach me in this subject," I said and we all agreed. "But how will she react?"





* * *





It was a long day and night before we got there. We entered the temple caustiously taking thought in every step we took. "Priestess Genivieve, Chase. . ." High Priest Seto shouted. "..." There was no answer. "High Priestess Isis, I thought you said they were here," High Priest Seto said frustratingly. "They still might be," I said and hoped at the same time. "Let's look."





* * *





We looked for what seemed like and hour and still no sign of them. Then suddenly the temple stared to rumble. We all gathered together, frightened. Then the building started to colapse on us. "AHH!" We screamed. "Run!!" I said and we stared sprinting. We were almost to the temple entryway when Isis started falling behind. "Wait for me!" She yelled and then something fell on top of her. "MY LEG!!!!" She screamed and we ran back to help her. High Priestess Isis's shin was bleeding sllightly. "Can you still walk?" I asked with concern in my voice. "Yes, I believe I can," She said and I helped her up. High Priest Seto was using some magic to keep a clear walkway for us as the building was being shattered. We ran out quickly and got a good ways away before we turned around and saw jsut rubble and ruins of where my old home used to be. "Oh well, I never really liked that place anyway," I said and they both looked at me oddly. We headed towards the palace and finally got there by night fall. "Tommorow we will keep searching," I told them and they both bowed. "Yes, My Pharoah," They said and headed off to their temple. I do hope Genivieve is alright.





Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anne14 on November 30, 2006, 11:31:10 AM

Anne14 on
Anne14I love the story right now and I think that Genivieve and Chase will dance together at the ball.