Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

The Pharoah has an orphaned niece that has lived with him ever since she was litte. She doesn't know that Her uncle is the Pharoah and she inherits his position because he had been hiding it from her. She meets a Priest her age and he knows this secret.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2






Chapter 2











Pharaoh Atemu











I awoke with a since of wonder in my head. Something told me in my dreams last night to not go looking for Genivieve. I guess it was for the best that she does find out. That was probably the purpose of my state of being. I layed in my bed thinking for a second and decided to let the matter drop. I finally got up and dressed and then I heard the trotting of footsteps coming towards my chamber. I opened the door and I saw High Priest Seto and High Priestess Isis suddenly stop. "My Pharoah, we are ready to continue our search for Priestess Genivieve and Priest Chase," High Priestess Isis told me. "There has been a change of plans," I said and they both looked at me confusingly. "What do you mean by that?" High Priest Seto asked. "We will let Genivieve find out who she is. I had a dream last night about this and I do trust it dearly," I said and a serious manner. "Well, you are the Pharoah and we cannot argue against you," He said respectfully. I decided to let the subject fade away. "Going to a different subject, would you two like to join me for breakfast. We can dicuss the ball and make preparations, for it is only five days away." "We would be honored my Pharoah," High Priestess Isis replied and we headed off towards the breakfast chamber, even though a servant usually brings me my morning meal.











Priest Chase











Last night, we stayed the night beside some rock. Genivieve used her magic to summon us both a pillow and blanket. I was capable of doing the magic but she insisted. I woke the next morning only to find her still trying desprately to get the Millinuim Rod to work. "You're still trying to get that thing to work?" I asked. "Well. . . yes," I heard her reply. "I inherit it and I must know how it works." "Maybe your uncle can help you," I suggested. "I don't want to go back there. . .yet. I will the night of the ball. Hopefully I will have all my questions answered by then," I said sorrowfully. "Then we need to get going, though I don't know where!" I exclaimed confidently. I vanished the Pillows deciding to keep the blankets with us. Genivieve has a bag that she is carrying so she kept them in there; You never know when we'll need them again. We started walking north. We both had a feeling that there was something we needed to see there. About 30 minutes later, Genivieve noticed something about her rod. "My rod. . . It's glowing. It feels warm!"











Priestess Genivieve











It jerked me forward. I noticed a corner of something sticking out of the sand. "What is this?" I asked and I picked it up, brushing the sand off of it then then the Millinium Rod grew calm again. It had the Eye of Anubis on the front cover. I opened it. It had a picture of my Millinium Rod on it, along with the other Millinium Items on it, including the puzzle. My uncle has the puzzle. I guess he inherits two Millinium Items. I was reading one day and then I remembered. In the book I was reading, I came across something that said whoever inherits two Millinium Items is the chosen one and has the power to summon the Egyptian Gods. With this power, he can make them do whatever he wants, even look for us. "Chase, I think we should hurry. My uncle can send his monsters to look for us." I said. "Well on that matter, lets hurry and keep walking north," He said. "I know there has to be some answers somewhere.











* * *











As we were walking, I read some of the book. It was really dark and mysterious. As I made it to the next chapter, I noticed it had to do with my Milliniun Rod. It said that whoever inherits it or possesses it is future Pharoah or Pharoah (in exception to the Millinium Puzzle, for who ever possesses it is Pharoah). Is this something that my uncle was trying to keep from me? I'd figure out later. On in that chapter is what seemed to be a user manual. Wow, now I'll know how to work it, but I'm gonna need some practice. "Chase, I think I found out how to use this thing!" I exclaimed excitedly. "Let me see!" He exclaimed excitedly and I showed him the manual. He looked at it with wide eyes. Then he looked at me and smiled. "Try a spell," he told me. He gave me back the book and I picked one randomly. I chanted the words and then a dark wave of power came out of the top of my rod. The blue sky then turned an dark purple with lightning coming out from nowhere. "I think we should run," I said with a flat smile on my face. "You think?" He asked sarcasticly. We started running for pretty much no reason, until I saw a tall, giant, (about as big as my grandfather's old temple) blackened figure come out of a swirling vortex of clouds. I turned to Chase as we were still running. "This is the part when we have a reason to run. . .OUR LIVES!!" I exclaimed loudly and we sprinted even faster. What did I do?











High Priest Seto











I was exiting my temple heading off towards the Pharoah's Palace to make some preparations for the ball when I noticed the sky. "Hmm. . . That's odd," I said to myself and ignored it. I looked around and saw a blackened figure chasing two little tiny dots far north. This is suspicioius. The Pharoah should know about this.











Pharoah Atemu











I was standing on my balcony examing the sky when High Priest Seto ran up to me. "My Pharoah, you should come and see this very odd occurance!" He said in a very fearful way. We ran to the front of the palace only to see a blackened figure chasing two little tiny dots far north. "High Priest, go fetch the army while I go gather my chariot," I ordered him. "Yes, My Pharoah," He replied. I ran to the stables to get two horses and lead them to the storage chamber. I pulled my chariot out and connected the horses to it. I put on my shield, clutched my sword and stood on the chariot and the horses started running. By the time I had got to the entryway of the palace, High Priest Seto had fethched the army and has gathered all of my Priests and Priestesses with their weapons. I lead the army north and they started running, shouting 'CHARGE!!" as they did. Was that annoying or what, but that was the only thing they were capable of so I let them do it. My army was pathetic and with minimum wage. . . they didn't do anything to get a higher pay.











* * *











We got closer to the figure in the darkness, only to notice the tiny dots getting closer and bigger. I noticed a cape billowing behind what looked like a tall girl running in front of a boy of the same height. Wait, was that Genivieve and Priest Chase? It is!! "Seto, lead the army, I'm going to these tiny little dots over there," I order and he nodded. I merged to the left to go towards Genivieve and Chase and approached them quickly. They were still running. "Priest Chase, Genivieve, get in my chariot," I said and stopped, they stopped running too. "We don't need your help, uncle," She said to me angrily. "We can do this our selves!" "Genivieve, as Phar-," I cut myself short thinking about what I was going to say. "Very well then, I shall see you at the ball this Thursday," I said profestionally and turned around to head towards the army. I approach High Priest Seto. "Seto, there has been a change of plans. We will let Genivieve and Priest Chase handle this," I told him. "I shall inform the army," he said in reply. "Listen up," I shouted. "We are going back to the palace, gather your things." They stared at Seto confusingly. "Here we go again," he said and looked at me rolling his eyes. He started poundidng his chest trying to speak gorilla. "hoo haha ho." He made strange noises. 'My army speaks gorilla?' I thought to myself. My army started to nod there heads in agreenment but they just stood there. I guess they just needed to let what has just been said to sink in.











Priestess Genivieve











The big black thing was still chasing us, so we hid behind some ruble that was there for some reason. "Chase, look and see if there is a reversing spell in there," I told him. "Ok," He replied. Ten seconds later, "Here, look Genivieve," He got my attention. I looked in the book and chanted the words as we got out of the ruble. The beast disapeared and the sky went as black as night, which was normal. It was a few ours before night time and we've been running for two. Atleast that was over.











Pharoah Atemu











As Genivieve got rid of the blackened figure, I noticed the army was acting strangley. Their chief started talking in their wierd language while pounding his chest and pointed over where Chase and Genivieve were standing. The chief raised his weapon and started running in Genivieve's direction. So did the rest of the army. My High Priests and Priestesses looked at me while I shook my head in shame. "This is one of those times when I hate being Pharoah," I said and they nodded their heads in agreenment.











Priestess Genivieve











I had a look of relief on my face and so did Chase. I think he's kinda cute like that. I fell out of my daze and looked around. My uncle's good for nothing stupid army was chasing us. "Chase, we need to run," I said and pointed while he looked. "Which way?" He asked. "I think we should barge into them and break through the crowd. They'll think we're coming after them and get all scared." I suggested. We started running for them and they had a look of fear on thier face. "It's working," I said and Chase smiled. We broke through the army and got past them. That was easy.





Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anne14 on November 30, 2006, 12:12:49 PM

Anne14 on
Anne14I love the story so far