Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

The Pharoah has an orphaned niece that has lived with him ever since she was litte. She doesn't know that Her uncle is the Pharoah and she inherits his position because he had been hiding it from her. She meets a Priest her age and he knows this secret.

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5






Chapter 5











Pharoah Atemu











I arrived at the palace late last night and slept very soundly actually. Tonight was the ball and we needed to get everything ready in the garden. My servants were setting up torches and preparing tables for refreshments. I wanted to know how the food was doing so I headed towards the kitchens. I went down a few long hallways. I just don't see how I could want a place as big as this. You could get lost for all eternity in here if you didn't know it well enough. I finally reached the kitchens. "How are you doing, Head Chef?" I asked. "Excellent, My Pharoah. We are a little ahead of time," he replied. "Good."





I was bored so I went to the garden to help prepare the decortations. It took most of the day and there was only an hour and a half until the ball. It wouldn't take me all that long to get ready so I went up to Genivieve's room. I wouldn't be surprized if she wasn't there, but I'd be very upset. I knocked on the door. "Come in," I heard a voice say. So she was there. I felt light with relief. I opened the door. Genivieve was sitting on her bed with her knees bent and her arms resting on them. She looked to see who had just walked in.





"What do you want?" she asked very dully. "I want to talk about yesterday," I repied. I noticed her eyes getting watery. "Don't cry," I said as I sat on the bed beside her and she cried even harder. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked angrily and saddened at the same time. "I wasn't thinking right at the time. I had just taken you into my care and my head wasn't straight. I had gotten news that your parents were dead and a guard handed you to me. You were asleep and all I thought of was holding you. I wasn't concentrating on anything else but you. Something in my mind told me that I shouldn't tell you because you'd be to confused," I said while trying to comfort her by rubbing her back gently. She looked at me and then suddenly wrapped her arms around me, her head resting on my shoulder, still crying. I did the same and I felt a few tear drops hit my shoulder and absorb onto my sleevless shirt. I then suddenly started to cry. "I'm sorry, uncle," I heard her say. "No, my dear Genivieve, I'm sorry. I kept the most important thing in your life hidden from you. I never told you the truth," I told her.





We stayed in each other's embrace for a few minutes, and it was the best few minutes of my life. We finally pulled apart. "You are coming to the ball aren't you?" I asked, breaking the silence. She sat silent for a few seconds. "Yes. . . I plan on attending," she replied. "Good, you will have to dance with a boy your age infront of everyone," I informed her. ". . .Okay," I replied as my stomach felt sick. "You only have but 45 minutes to get ready. Take that 45 minutes and make sure you look presentable. This boy may be a future husband for you one day," I told her and she nodded. I left the room and shut the door behind me so she could get ready.











Priestess Genivieve











'Future husband?' I thought to myself. I don't want to get married. And if I had to, not anytime soon. I jumped off of my bed and headed towards my bathroom so I could take a bath. After I took a bath, I did my hair and put on this really rare and expencive perfume that my uncle got me for my 14th birthday. I took my dress down from my closet door and put it on, including the scarf and my shoes. I went over to my mirror and exaimined the look. I was forgeting something and I just remembered. My uncle gave me these ear pieces for my sixth birthday telling me that if I wasn't wearing my cape and shoulder piece, I'd have to wear them. I went over to my dresser and took them out of my jewlrey box. I put them on my ears and went to my mirror again. "Perfect!" I exclaimed and I exited my room.











* * *











I entered the garden only to find Uncle Atemu and High Preist Seto talking. There were a lot of people there and it was loud. "Uncle Atemu?" I asked and he turned to face me. I gave a low bow. "Genivieve, you look very beautiful, and I see that you are wearing your ear piecess." "You said that whenever I'm not wearing my cape with my shoulder piece, I needed to be wearing them," I said and he smiled. "So you remembered. Ahh, yes. I have something for you," my uncle said and handed me the Millinuim Rod. "You've seemed to have mispalced it that mysterious building yesterday." "Umm. . . thanks," I said even though he knew very well that I threw it down on purpose. I guress he didn't want to bring the subject up. I held it in my hand and vanished it into mid air where I could find use of it later. High Priest Seto then beckoned us to our table to where our meal will be served. I sat by Uncle Atemu and his royal court sat in the vacant seats beside us. They served the meal and I thought is was quite small assuming that the only thing I've had the past week and a half was bread, but really it was rather big. I ate fast and then they served our dessert. I only had half of it when I remembered that I'd have to dance with a boy and there's only two people I'd allow myself to dance with - My Uncle Atemu and Chase. My stomach dropped and I stopped eating. "What's wrong, Genivieve?" My unlce asked. "Nothing, I'm just a little nervous," I replied. "About what, the dancing?" He asked again. "Well, sorta. I'm afraid I'm gonna screw up," I told him. "Well, don't worry. I know you have been practicing and we are going to have a little 'warm-up' dance," he replied and I felt a little better.





A few minutes later, Uncle Atemu beckoned me out to the dance floor making me take his arm. I was comfortable seeing that he was my uncle and that we weren't the only ones on the dance floor. The music started and he took his postion. "You do know your position, don't you?" He muttered under his breath asking me. "Yes," I muttered back and took my position. The music started and he guided me along the dance floor. I accidently stepped on his foot. "Promise me you won't do that again, he wispered. "I didn't mean to," I muttered. "It's quite alright," he chuckled under his breath. He turned me around a few times and I didn't mess up. The dance was over and we headed back to where we were standing. "You did a good job out there," he contratulated me. "Thank you," I giggled. We stood and talked for a few minutes. "Genivieve, it's time for your dance," my uncle told me and I got the butterflies.





Everyone cleared the dance floor and I walked to the middle of it. I stood there thinking 'I'm not going to screw up. I'm not going to screw up. I am going to screw up!' I looked foward and saw a tall figure walking up to me. "May I have this dance?" He asked me and I blushed. I looked at him as he was smiling suprized as ever. He handed me his hand and I took it. "You shall, Chase," I said smiling as wide as ever. I then looked over at my uncle, smiling at him. He smiled back and did a nod over to the orchastra. The music started playing and we started dancing, just the two of us. We never looked out of each other's eyes that whole time.





We finished the dance and everyone started clapping. I walked over to my uncle and he gave me a hug. "You didn't mess up!" He exclaimed and I smiled. "I practiced," I told him and he let go of me. I sat down at our table while my uncle went to the dance floor to do some formal dancing. I was sipping on my drink and I noticed someone walking over to me. "So we were talking about the same ball," I told Chase as he sat down beside me. "I had a feeling we were. By the way, you are an excellent dancer," He told me. "Thank you," I said, his eyes boring into mine. I noticed that my uncle was dancing with High Priestess Isis and was also looking at us as he faced my direction. I didn't care though. I turned back to Chase and he started leaning closer to me and I was leaning closer to him. Our lips met and they stayed there and like last time, I was unable to move.











Pharoah Atemu











So they do like each other. Well, that was the plan. They pulled apart and Genivieve looked at me and I smiled at her. She smiled back. High Priest Seto needed Chase so he went to him. Soon after, the ball was over. I went over to Genivieve and took her elbow into mine. I walked her back to her room even though she knew her way back, I just wanted to talk to her. "So you like him?" I asked and she nodded. "A little," she replied. "Well, from what I saw not to long ago, it was more that a little," I said, grinning a gigglish grin. "Okay, then a lot," she admitted. "He likes me too." "How much?" I asked. "A lot," She replied as we reached her room. "Well, I shall bid you goodnight then," I said, opening her door for her. "Goodnight, Pharoah Atemu," I said tilting my head down but still looking up, smiling. "Wow, that's a first, but please, still call me uncle," I told her. "And that's and order," I kidded. "Yes, Uncle Atemu," she yawned. "Goodnight," she said again and I closed her door as she entered her room. "Goodnight, my dear Genivieve."











Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anne14 on November 30, 2006, 2:15:22 PM

Anne14 on
Anne14that was great