Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

The Pharoah has an orphaned niece that has lived with him ever since she was litte. She doesn't know that Her uncle is the Pharoah and she inherits his position because he had been hiding it from her. She meets a Priest her age and he knows this secret.

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6






Chapter 6











Priestess Genivieve











I got out of my uncomfortable ball gown and got in my night attire. I lay in my bed and I smothered myself in covers. I felt like a different person, know that I know that I'm nobility and such. I stayed there thinking of my past, what it would feel like if I had known. I'm sorta glad that my uncle didn't tell me but in some ways I was dissapointed. He was right, I would have been very confused and frusterated. But it would have been cool to know that I was growing up a princess. I thought about my times in the city. "Wait, that would explian all the kindness and respect in the city!" I said to myself. Then I thought about my uncle. "That would explain the richness and gold and his royal court and". . .o' well, no use to name them all. It's not like anyone is listening. I thought about what tomorrow would hold. My uncle really seemed to want me to get a lot of rest. We were probably going to do something important tomorrow. I decided to forget about it. I didn't want the suprized to be spoiled.











* * *











I awoke the next morning very excited. Something in my dreams told me that my uncle was going to give me something priceless. I did my hair extra well and wore only my finest clothes and cape. I sat on my chair and thought of what it could be. There were so many ideas that I couldn't pick one to think about, but it was only a dream. It was one that was out of the ordinary and I just felt some power and something real about it. I heared a knock on my door. "Come in," I said and I heared the door opened. "Good morning Princess Genivieve," My uncle greeted me as he walked in my room and sitting on the chair beside the other window. "Do you know how long I've waited to address you by that name?" He asked. "Well, about 13 years to be exact," I said, giggling. He then changed the subject. "Listen Genivieve, I'm going to leave next week to do some business with Lower Egypt and I'm going to be gone for a few months, so I've dedicated my whole day to you so we can spend some quality time, family time, together," he said, smiling. "So what are we going to do?" I asked excitedly. "Well. . . to start off, I was thinking we could have breakfast in the city," he informed me. "Okay!" I exclaimed. We got up and walked out of my door. After a trip through the palace, we finally made it to the throne room that lead to the entrance. We walked out to the city side by side.











* * *











Pharoah Atemu











"I though breakfast was dilicious. I never really thought how good city food could be!" I exclaimed. "What are we going to do next?" Genivieve asked. "I think I want to do some shopping, hint hint." She said and I handed her 30 gold coins. "Here, go, what do you girls call it, shopping. I think I'm going to explore. Just use your rod if you need me," I said and she nodded, walking away. As I was walking in the outer parts of the city, I noticed my army still running chasing something. It was probably their own fleas or something. They were still banging on their chests and they shouted 'charge'. That was the only thing they knew how to say in our language. I walked on, pretending that I didn't see them, trying to take interest in something else. I saw a cloak shop and I went over there. I bought it and put it on and lifted the hood right away. I didn't want people to see me out here because I knew who I was and who my army was also. My army is so embarassing! I walked on to the other part of the city, hoping that I could take my cloak off there.











Priestess Genivieve











I had bought a few things and then decided to go to the outer parts of the city. As I was walking, I saw my uncle's good for nothing army chasing something. I figured it was probably their own fleas or something so I just walked on, pretending not to see them and taking interest in something else. I noticed a cloak shop and hurried over there. I bought a cloak and hurried it on. I lifted the hood and kept my head down so no one could notice me. As I was walking, I bumed into someone. I lifted my head to apologize to them but I noticed he had a cloak on too. "I'm sorry!" I exclaimed not knowing who it was. "It's quite alri- Genivieve? Is that you?" "Uncle Atemu?" I asked and I put down my hood. He did the same. "I see you purchased a cloak too. Is it my army?" He asked and I nodded quickly. "Yeah, they are so embarassing." "Let's get out of here, these cloaks are getting hot," Uncle Atemu suggested. "Okay."











* * *











We got back to the palace. "Genivieve, I was thinking. How would you like a new room?" He asked me with a smile on his face. I smiled too. "I'd love it," I said. "Well, how would you like to convert it know?" He asked again. "Can we?" I asked excitedly and he nodded. "Can I still keep my old room too?" I asked. "You can if you want to."





We went up to my room and we gathered some of my things. Then I noticed that we were heading towards my uncle's chambers. "Umm. . . Uncle Atemu, why are we heading towards your room?" I asked and he grinned at me. "I told you I was going to be gone for a few months, so my room was going to be vacant. I thought it needed to be filled by someone, and I thought that someone could be you," he looked at me, smiling even wider. We opened the door and I saw his room for the first time. It was so huge and it even had a balcony! The windows were as big as one wall in my room each! "Uncle, I think this is a little too much!" I exclaimed, laying on the bed. I looked at the ceiling. It was so high up! I got off the bed and went to go open the door to the balcony. "Uncle, I can't open it. It's locked," I told him. "I'll show you how to open it later on today. We walked out of the room.











Pharoah Atemu











"What are we going to do next?" Genivieve asked. "I really don't know," I replied. "It's getting close to dinner." I noticed High Priest Seto walking up to me. "High Priest Seto," I greeted him and bowed. "My Pharoah," he bowed back. "I have gathered the rest of your royal court and have them seated down by the balcony," he said. "They are about to get things arranged and organized." "Good, thank you High Priest," I said and he left after a bow. "Well, Genivieve, how would you like to join me for dinner?" I asked her. "I would love to!" She exclaimed and I gave her my elbow. We headed off towards the dinning chamber.











Priestess Genivieve











Dinner was wonderful. We headed out of the dinning chamber and to what was now my chamber. We entered. "Genivieve, you said that you wanted to know how to open the balcony door, did you not?" My uncle asked me. "I did," I told him. "Summon your Millinium Rod," he ordered me. It appeared im my hand like it was sposed to. "Now, wave it infront of the door." I waved it. The door opened! "Let's step outside," my uncle suggested and we walked onto the balcony. There were what seemed like a million people outside. "Uncle Atemu, what's going on?" I asked confusingly. I then saw him take his golden 'Eye of Anubis' headband that rested on his forehead and place it on to mine. The people started chearing very loudly. "No, questions my dear Genivieve, the new Pharoah of Egypt."

















-------











Well, that's the end. I thought about writing a sequel to it but only if I get 5 (five) comments from different people saying that the story was terrific and they want to hear more. There's no point of writing a sequel if no one is going to read this one. If I do write one, I'm thinking that Geniveive and Chase might have a future together. O' well, you'll only find out if I get the comments!





Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anne14 on November 30, 2006, 2:29:49 PM

Anne14 on
Anne14woah! That's so cool!!! XD Nice sotry..I like long stories by the way...^^ you have a good flow of the story...only I don't understand why you have to write "Pharaoh Atemu" and then "Priestess Genivieve" and then "Pharaoh Atemu" again and then over and over again! XD lol...but anyway, nice story! keep it up! ;)that was great

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on September 30, 2006, 2:23:13 AM

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on
HikariYugiYamiAtemuwoah! That's so cool!!! XD Nice sotry..I like long stories by the way...^^ you have a good flow of the story...only I don't understand why you have to write "Pharaoh Atemu" and then "Priestess Genivieve" and then "Pharaoh Atemu" again and then over and over again! XD lol...but anyway, nice story! keep it up! ;)