Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Runaway

Rei Anul Sama wrote a story a lot like this, but it was *my* original idea. She wrote the story (Demons of Old) her own way, and I didn't approve cause she made Sesshoumaru a total wuss (and she screwed the whole ending up). This is *my* version of it.

Chapter 2 - Runaway

Chapter 2 - Runaway


“I can't believe I'm being forced to work for a palace brat! Oh well. At least he doesn't seem to excited about it either,” aura thought to herself, as she examined her new bedchamber. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't totally cramped either. She had a small comfortable mat on the floor, with a rectangular-cylinder pillow. There was a convenient little desk in the corner, and a dresser/closet beside the mat. Next to the desk was a medium-sized chest, made to fit any of Aura's treasures. Aura Rei didn't have very many treasures, just a few stories she wrote, and a family portrait she'd kept since she was little. She was seventeen now, and hadn't seen her parents for months.

She had decided to take a stroll early in the morning, before her parents woke up, but she ventured too far, and stumbled on a thieves' camp. Because they were demons, they'd woken up instantly and took her as their slave. For the past few months she had been tending to chores, weapons, and the occasional ambush for the thieves. That's when she was given to the Great Demon Lord of the West, and was now the servant to his son.

She had to admit, though, serving the Prince of the West wasn't entirely terrible. She did after all, get to live in the palace. Even if she was cooped up in a tiny room, it was better than sleeping outside on the hard, cold earth in an even smaller tent.



Meanwhile…



“So what'ya gonna make her do first?! Clean up the room, get free sake delivery service? Or something else?” Toyoko, Sesshoumaru's childhood and best friend asked him. They were in Sesshoumaru's room.

“Toyoko, if you're going to be like that, you may as well get out now,” Sesshoumaru snapped. The last thing he needed was taunting from his best friend about the “gift” his father had given him.

“Oh, come on. You know you want her!” Toyoko winked at him.

“Why don't I just give her to you then? I have no use for her.”

“I'd be willing to accept,” Toyoko bowed, “but I do not think your father would approve.”

“Most likely not. But what to do with her then?”

“I'm at a loss of ideas if you can't figure it out by now,” Toyoko shrugged. Toyoko was a few centimeters shorter than Sesshoumaru, and was much darker skinned. He had long black hair and keen green eyes. He wore his hair in a high ponytail, which made him look like a samurai. He wore a kimono similar to Sesshoumaru's, but instead of white, it was a navy blue. He could probably pass as one of Sesshoumaru's cousins. (God forbid he have any)

“Toyoko, why don't you start acting your age?” Sesshoumaru didn't have the sick mind his friend did.

“You're nineteen! It's high time you did something with a woman other than look at one! Fully dressed, I might add!”



Meanwhile…



“Hmph. If he befriends demons like that, he can't be very safe himself. I'll have to make an escape tonight if I want to run without followers.” Aura had locked onto Sesshoumaru's mind the first time she saw him (and found out she was to be his servant)

That night…



“I'll have to be completely silent if I don't want to be followed.” Aura Rei gathered her treasures into a sack, which she threw over her shoulder to carry with her. Her eyes began to glow a bright yellow, and she started to float (telekinesis, people. Gotta love it…). She floated across the main hall to the outside. Her eyes went to normal and she started running as fast as she could. She planned to live on her own, and become a mercenary somewhere in the demon plane. Maybe one day she would return…







Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment