Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Her Return

Rei Anul Sama wrote a story a lot like this, but it was *my* original idea. She wrote the story (Demons of Old) her own way, and I didn't approve cause she made Sesshoumaru a total wuss (and she screwed the whole ending up). This is *my* version of it.

Chapter 3 - Her Return

Chapter 3 - Her Return


“My lord! A new thieves guild wishes to speak with you,” a tiny toad imp informed Sesshoumaru.

“Where and when?”

“In the Black Forest at dawn tomorrow.”

“Very good, Jaken. That will be all.” Sesshoumaru had no expression change.

“My master pays me a compliment! I'm so greatly honored!” Jaken half-cried.

“Just hurry up and get out.” Sesshoumaru wanted to think a bit about this.

“Of course, m'lord!” Jaken hurried away, still happy he got a compliment and that he still lived after barging in so rudely.

It had been almost 200 years since a new band of thieves had come along. He decided he would dress to conceal himself, and act as his own messenger, as to not be though so gullible. This new thieves guild reminded him of someone, but he could not remember whom. “Hmph. I must be growing old…” he though with a joker's smile.

At dawn, Sesshoumaru dressed in his stealth outfit (like a black ninja suit with the same red blossom crest). He headed off for the Black Forest. Almost immediately he picked up scents of various demons. He ran in that direction until he came across the campsite. Already, there was a fox demon waiting to meet him, but due to the disguise, the fox did not recognize Sesshoumaru, and went straight into battle mode. Sesshoumaru lifted a hand to show he did not intend to fight.

“I am a messenger from the Great Demon Lord of this domain. He received word of a new thieves guild that wished to deal with him.” Sesshoumaru was starting to like playing the “mysterious ninja” from himself.

“Ah, sorry. I am the leader of this guild you speak of, Kuromori.” The fox relaxed.

“Funny. Black Forest's Black Forest,” Sesshoumaru thought to himself. (*Note: Kuromori is the name of the fox, and it means “black forest”)

“Would you like a tour of our camp, or would you like to get straight to the point?” Kuromori offered.

“I don't have much time to waste,” he lied. He didn't have anything else planned for today, so he had all the time in the world to squander.

“Ah, I see. Follow me to our containment tent then.” Kuromori led Sesshoumaru to the other side of the camp, and they entered a rather large tent filled with chests, boxes, over-flowing bowls of treasure and a prisoner tied to the center support pole. She appeared to be asleep at first, but woke up almost immediately after they'd entered. She kept her eyes averted from them, even when Kuromori lifted her head by the chin to show his guest. Once Sesshoumaru got a good look, he suddenly remembered whom the thieves' guild reminded him of.

“She's an excellent weapon maker, and has a few nifty powers of her own. She also has the normal abilities of a housewife. We heard that about two hundred years ago she was the servant of the young lord for a time.”

“Yes, for a couple hours,” Sesshoumaru kept to himself.

“We're willing to part with her for one thousand gold pieces. Take it or leave it.”

Sesshoumaru grew angry. All that trouble she must have gone through to stay alive, and she becomes a seller's item once again. “You're lucky if I don't kill you for all the trouble you've caused her!” Sesshoumaru threw one of his famous death glares at Kuro.

“Yes, well, see, we need the money for unpaid debts to some moon elves. We would get it the normal way, stealing it, but the moon elves do not wish to be paid in ill-gotten gold, so we are at a stand still. As I said: One thousand gold pieces or the deal's completely off.” Kuro looked hopeful Sesshoumaru would buy it.

“If I decline this deal, how shall the girl be treated here?” Sesshoumaru couldn't believe he actually cared, but if that slipped from his mouth, there must be some concern.

“She will be treated as our weapon making slave for the new temporary supply shop we would have to open. Does this change the deal any?” The girl looked up at Sesshoumaru with hopeful and curious eyes. Was he really concerned for her well-being?

“I will take her, but only for half the price.” Nope, not really.

“Make it 800.”

“650.”

“You drive a hard bargain, but if that's the highest you'll go, we'll take it. We must start somewhere.” They shook on it, just as Sesshoumaru pass the money to Kuromori. Kuro then untied her from the pole, but handed the rest of the rope to Sesshoumaru.

“Will you not undo her chains?”

“She is a powerful demon, and to keep her powers at bay, we must keep her bound in these magic chains.”

“I see. I shall bring her to my lord straight away then.”

“Of course. Hope to do business with you again!” Kuro showed them out of the tent, and Sesshoumaru took to the skies, Aura Rei in his arms.





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment