Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Ketchup

Rei Anul Sama wrote a story a lot like this, but it was *my* original idea. She wrote the story (Demons of Old) her own way, and I didn't approve cause she made Sesshoumaru a total wuss (and she screwed the whole ending up). This is *my* version of it.

Chapter 4 - Ketchup

Chapter 4 - Ketchup


Aura Rei did not look at Sesshoumaru the whole flight. She was somewhat grateful to him for taking her away from the dreaded thieves guild, but she feared the worst of what would happen to her next. Who was this lord? Would he treat her with respect or as a dog? Maybe this messenger reflected his lord, in which case this would be a good thin. Her train of though was lost when Sesshoumaru asked her a question. “They say you ran away from the palace 200 years ago. Care to tell me why?”

“I would have stayed if I were not to be a servant of the palace brat,” Aura said bluntly.

“ `The Palace Brat?' Is that how you saw Lord Sesshoumaru?”

“I never got to know him too well, but I didn't want to take the chance.”

“You'll have your next chance very soon.” He looked her straight in the eye to see if she understood. She grew wide-eyed as she realized whom he was. After her stare, she pouted, and Sesshoumaru gave a small laugh.

In the library of the palace, Sesshoumaru untied Aura Rei, and let her explore. He on the other hand, sat down in a comfy chair, and watched her as she walked around the room and looked around the bookshelves filled with books and scrolls.

“You must have been busy in the last 200 years. `Mind catching me up on news around the castle?” Aura asked.

“You're right. A lot has happened since you ran away.”

“Where's your lord father? On a business trip or something?”

Sesshoumaru's eyes fell to the floor. “My foolish father has met his end.”

“Foolish? You make it sound like you killed him!” Aura pulled out another book and flipped through the pages.

Sesshoumaru looked up at Aura with vicious, golden eyes. “I did not kill my lord! Father found a human mate, and the war that was caused from it killed him.”

“Humans killed him?” Aura inquired without even looking at Sesshoumaru.

“No, it was a high class demon from the south. A demon with scales harder than steel: Ryukotsusei.” Sesshoumaru's eyes softened, and his grip on the arms of the chair loosened.

“Sorry for the loss. What about your friends, um, Toyoko and Aneko were their names, yes?” She took another scroll and pretended to be interested in it.

“After my lord was killed, his vassals had no lord to serve, so most of them went home,” he replied solemnly, but he brightened up as he said, “I shall inform them tomorrow of your return. The should be overjoyed.” Aura rolled her eyes.

Outside it had begun to rain, and it grew harder by the minute. Sesshoumaru longed to go out there and get soaked to the bone in the rain, but he knew it would be improper.

“What of your father's mate? Did she have a child?”

“She bore a son, but also died during the war, due to illness and lack of medicine. That was about 53 years ago. Her son survived until he fell in love with a priestess, who put him under a sleeping spell, and he's been that way for 35 years now.”

“And you don't lift a helping hand to your own brother because…?”

“He is only a half-brother, and a half-demon. He is foolish and therefore useless to me.”

Aura sighed and shivered. “Is there any wood in that fireplace?” Aura looked over at the fireplace built in the wall. It was a huge fireplace that could hold a bonfire. She walked and sat in front of the unlit fireplace. She brought her knees to her chest. With a wave of her hand, fire sprung from the wood, and she savored the warmth.

Sesshoumaru got up from his chair and sat next to her. They both stared into the fire as Sesshoumaru asked, “So what's your story?”

“Well…”





Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Chibi-chan on April 17, 2006, 9:53:14 AM

Chibi-chan on
Chibi-chanok, very nice but...what does the Ketchup has to be with this chap?????