Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Death Has a New Face

Rei Anul Sama wrote a story a lot like this, but it was *my* original idea. She wrote the story (Demons of Old) her own way, and I didn't approve cause she made Sesshoumaru a total wuss (and she screwed the whole ending up). This is *my* version of it.

Chapter 7 - Death Has a New Face

Chapter 7 - Death Has a New Face






Sesshoumaru and Toyoko were running through the tree tops of his lords domain, patrolling the area for any intruders. Toyoko started up conversation. Sess, have you noticed anything different about Aura these past few months?





A little, why?





What difference do you notice?





I have reason to believe the royal meals have gained her some weight.





Really? Her stomach appears too round to hold just food. I believe shes pregnant, Toyoko said, a calm face as his expression.





What?! Sesshoumarus face wasnt as calm. He looked as if he had taken an insult.





You find this hard to believe? I dont. IN fact, she should be due in about 3 months.





That is ridiculous! She couldnt be&





You want to bet on that? Toyoko challenged with a smirk.





50,000 yen shes not pregnant.





100,000 she is.





200,000, to make it worthy.





Agreed! They shook hands and headed for home.











The next few months didnt look good for Sesshoumaru. Auras abdomen continued to grow. She knew. She knew the whole reason she was gaining weight. She just didnt feel she needed to break it to them yet.





At least until the deliver came. Maids and servants were bustling around, trying to fetch something to help the woman in labor. Aneko was in the room with Aura, helping and encouraging her through. Toyoko was sitting outside the room, Sesshoumaru pacing back and forth, his hands behind his back. You seem a bit more tense than usual, Sess. Youre not gonna faint, are you? Toyoko joked.





Sesshoumaru stopped and gave Toyoko a death glare. How many women have you made pregnant?





Um&&&.none& Toyoko looked down in shame. So, uh, do I get my money?





Sesshoumaru stopped pacing again. Its on my dresser. Youre free to go get it, he grumbled.





Toyoko got up happy again and went off to go collect his money.





Just then, a strange scent came to Sesshoumarus nose. It was a familiar scent, but one he had not picked up for quite a while: the scent of a half-demon.





A maid came out with his new born child, zipping past him to go clean off the baby: its scent confirmed.





Sesshoumaru sped to his room, his stomach churning. Had he been tricked? How did he now have a half-demon heir? How did she hide it from him? Why? The frustration almost overwhelmed him. He decided to wait until dark to carry out his will.











A few hours later, Aura Rei, dressed in a Chinese black dress, entered the room, carrying their new born girl in her arms. What should we call her? Aura asked, smiling. The childs hair was already starting to grow, black with silvery streaks. She had golden eyes like her father, with markings on her wrists and face, a blue crescent on her forehead.





&Rei, Sesshoumaru said. After her mother.





Rei Anul. She really does look like you, you know? I cant wait to see what abilities she inherited!





Or what blood, Sesshoumaru added, remember the scent from before. Aura looked up at him, her face no longer smiling.





What? Aura had a worried expression.





Ah, so you know what Im talking about. Did you also notice our childs a half-demon?!





Sesshoumaru, I&!





You what? What did you hide from me? He got up from his seat and walked over to her. Fear had frozen her body. Little Rei wrapped up in her dark red cotton blanket stared up at him with curiosity. His hand caressed Auras frozen cheek. How did you hide your HUMAN FACE?! His claws ripped across her face, throwing her down to the floor with a scream. By now, Sesshoumarus eyes had turned a deep red and blue, his claws longer than normal.





Aura still couldnt find the courage to speak. Tears had formed in her eyes. I will not have that DISGRACE as my heir! He lashed out his whip towards Rei, but Aura held Rei close and turned her back, the whip cracking on her skin, and Aura screamed again.





From the other side of the castle, Anekos ears perked up. She looked to Toyoko. Toyo, did you hear that?





Yeah, and it definitely didnt sound like a scream of joy. They looked at each other, both worried. Then they heard Auras next scream.





AURA!! they both exclaimed, and burst out of the room. They got to the inner courtyard, and saw aura running from the den to the outer courtyard, Sesshoumaru, rushing after her, a murderous look upon his form. Auras blood left a trail where she had run, leading to the forest at the left.





Toyoko and Aneko went after Sesshoumaru, in hopes of stopping this massacre. Sesshoumaru! Toyoko called out.





Sess! Stop! Aneko cried. Sesshoumaru was too fast for them. They heard Sesshoumarus claw attack, and Auras final shriek. They found Auras corpse in a clearing, and Aneko gasped.





Aneko, that way! Sesshoumarus taken Anul! Toyoko ran after Sesshoumaru pulling the traumatized Aneko by the arm.





Sesshoumaru dangled the wrapped up Rei over a well. He studied his daughters eyes for a moment. There was no fear from the child, but laughter. Rei was laughing, holding up her arms to be held by her father, warmth in her golden eyes. Sesshoumarus form returned to normal, seeing this face, and he turned his head, closing his eyes.





Sesshoumaru! cried Aneko coming from the trees. Dont do it! Sesshoumarus face broke into a grim smile, as he let go of Rei, dropping her into the well. Aneko gasped again, and ran to the well. NOOOOO!! She looked into the well, searching for any sign of the baby. Seeing nothing at all, Aneko lost strength in her knees, and slowly fell to the ground. As Sesshoumaru began walking back, Toyoko came out of the bushes to Anekos side. They both looked up at Sesshoumaru with wonder, as he calmly walked in silence back home, smiling.





Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Rei_Anul_Sama on November 9, 2006, 11:41:45 PM

Rei_Anul_Sama on
Rei_Anul_SamaT_T Okay, I'd better come back, or Sess is going to suffer horribly in the next story i do.

-From the Vampire

dark_inu_lover on September 11, 2006, 2:17:25 AM

dark_inu_lover on
dark_inu_loveri love the story but, WHY THE frack DID YOU DO THAT??????!!!!! you needo explane(sp?) somethings!
anyway hope you make a next chapter...

Summer_Winds on August 27, 2006, 12:40:56 PM

Summer_Winds on
Summer_Windsthat @$$ hole *FAVES*

1_lover_of_the_fluff on August 15, 2006, 12:16:33 AM

1_lover_of_the_fluff on
1_lover_of_the_fluffnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... how could you do that????
p.s. love this story