Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Past Meets Present

Rei Anul Sama wrote a story a lot like this, but it was *my* original idea. She wrote the story (Demons of Old) her own way, and I didn't approve cause she made Sesshoumaru a total wuss (and she screwed the whole ending up). This is *my* version of it.

Chapter 9 - Past Meets Present

Chapter 9 - Past Meets Present
A young girl was running through the forest, her child wrapped in a scarlet blanket and held to her chest. Sesshoumaru was behind her, hunting her down. His urge to kill her was strong, and his talons ready to strike. He could smell her fear and the childs ignorant bliss as he cracked his knuckles. Throwing a mortal claw strike, the girls final scream filled his ears, and satisfaction the result. He held the child by the blanket wrap over a well, but was disturbed by the childs happy expression. Suddenly, the childs face morphed into Inu-Yashas demon form, and it lashed out at him.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru woke with a start. Sweat was at his temples, and he was breathing heavily. He lay back against the three and looked at Rin, sleeping by the fire with Ah-Uhn. He though of her as the daughter he would have had, through she would be much more demonic than Rin.

It had been about 13 years since he last saw Aura; the day she parted after spending only one lustful night with him. He didnt blame her. He probably would have just killed her again, though now he could at least resurrect her himself. (not like he couldnt before, but..)

He decided to go for a walk to clear his head, figuring Jaken was used to being ditched as baby-sitting duty. A little time had gone by when a strange scent came to his nose. He stopped to analyze this scent. She didnt give him much time before she hurtled out of the bushes, out of breath, and turning to look behind her, as if she was being pursued. She didnt even seem to notice him. He hardly recognized her, so he waited to be acknowledged and studied her.

She had short, mostly black hair, with a few silvery streaks mixed within. Her facial features were greatly similar to his: red stripes across the cheeks, a crescent blue moon on her forehead, golden eyes, but without the red lining. She was dressed funny too: some sort of black pants made of durable material, and a short-sleeve shirt with a drawing of a man with long silver hair, black clothes, a long coat, silver shoulder pads, and an immensely long sword. The label on the shirt said Sephiroth.

Some soldiers from what Sesshoumaru supposed was a nearby castle came from the bushes, seeming hostile towards this girl...until they saw Sesshoumaru behind her. He gave them a glare, just as the girl made a menacing pose. The soldiers started to back off, until they eventually turned tail and ran.

The girl turned around and finally noticed Sesshoumaru. Her jaw dropped. ...Oh my gawd...youre so pretty!^^ Am I related to you? Like a cousin...a brother maybe? You look a lot like me...

*death glare* I dont know you. Sesshoumaru turned the cold shoulder. He knew who she was  the scent was unmistakable  but he didnt approve of this chatterbox. Even Rin was less annoying than this brat had been in the first two seconds of their meeting.

Aw, come on! Thats mean! Thats no way to treat Death! *menacing pose* This piqued Sesshoumarus interest.

Death? I suppose you would know more than I do how it feels to die... >_> His back was still toward her, as he examined his claw.

I would? Uh...of course I do! Im best friends with Lucifer. ^^

Sesshoumaru didnt know the significance of this Lucifer, but there was something about this girl that seemed like a lie. How high is your tolerance to pain? Before she could answer he lashed out his whip toward her, cracking on her arm. It resulted in a big gash on her shoulder. She fell to the ground, clutching her wound.

Ahh! F*ck! What the hell was that for? Damn, that hurt! Geez, whatd I ever do to you?! Sesshoumaru drew out tenseiga. Aw man, I just got here and now youre gonna kill me?

This brought a connection to Sesshoumaru. Rei had just gotten into this world when he killed her. He could do it again right here, but there was something holding him back. He spun around and slashed at her with his sword. Holy sh*t! she flinched. It took her a few seconds to realize shed been healed. She opened her eyes and examined her arm. Whoa! Nice sword! Sesshoumaru gracefully sheathed his sword, and was about to turn and walk off in another direction when a scream echoed through the trees. It came from the direction hed left Rin and Jaken. With a mighty leap, he took to the canopy, and the girl followed underneath him.

Rin, you stupid girl! Shut up before you get me in trouble! Jaken tried to calm her down. Sesshoumaru and the girl met them in a clearing, and Rin ran to Sesshoumaru.

Lord Sesshoumaru! Youre ok! I woke up from a nightmare that you were killed and Lord Jaken told me youd walked off to go kill yourself! (Sesshoumaru to Jaken: *death glare*)

MLord! Please dont punish me! It was a simple sarcastic remark! I would never wish you dead! Sesshoumaru approached him, and Jaken got even more desperate. The two girls started to giggle finding the whole scene quite funny. Oh please spare me! ... *BONK*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was around mid-day and the group decided to settle down for lunch. Sesshoumaru sat against a tree, Rin tended to Ah-Uhn, Jaken sulked in a corner (a bump on his head), and the girl lay down in front of the roasting boar, her ravenous eyes gazing in the flames. Rin started conversation. So whats your name? Im Rin.^^ She sat down next to the girl.

Robin, she said at the same time Sesshoumaru said Rei. They gave each other the same glare.

Robins an interesting name. You look a lot like Lord Sesshoumaru, yknow? Auras words came back and echoed through Sesshoumarus head. (See chapter 7)

I know, but he doesnt seem to treat me any nicer for it. There was a long pause. Ok! I think its done! Lets eat!

Sesshoumaru got up and started to go for another walk. Rei, he addressed her.

The names Robin, she retorted, and greedily bit into some boar meat. Of course, your highness, ruler of all hells works too. ^_~

Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes. Rei, when youre done, come with me. Theres something you must see again, and he walked off.

Again? Robin shrugged. Whatever. *chomp*

Robin later found Sesshoumaru waiting for her by a stream, gazing at the waterfall. He seemed so calm, and deep in thought. There was a slight breeze and his hair flowed in the air. He blinked and looked at her out of the corner of his eye. With sharp movements, he jumped from rock to rock, expecting her to follow him to the other side of the stream. She tried to follow him, but lacked his grace, balance, and speed. He waited for her on the other side, and took off running at human speed through the forest. She attempted to keep up, and thanked her parents for making her do volley ball for school. They continued for about a mile, until Sesshoumaru suddenly stopped at the edge of a clearing; Robin accidentally ran into him. He turned around swiftly, his face changed to his rage form.

Robin gasped and fell to the ground. She recognized that face. Images of the past flashed before her eyes: her mothers face, his face in rage, the picture her mother had showed her of her father, the screaming of her mother as her father tried to kill her, and Sesshoumarus calm expression as he dropped her into the well.

Sesshoumaru returned to normal. Rei Anul sat on the ground looking up at him with wide eyes. Daddy?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Authors Bit: Ok! Thats a wrap for the Sesshoumaru hour. The next chapter will introduce some new characters and check-up on how Auras been doing for the past 13 years. Dont worry, well go back to Sess and Rei every other chapter. (until Rei finally gets to see her mother again that is) ^_~

Yes, I do realize it would be almost impossible for one face to remind you of the first day you were born at the age of 15, but hey, thats fiction for you. She probably didnt know what a father or mother was at the time either. All she saw were faces and pictures.

And oh, before anyone asks, his face wasnt what Sess meant when he said, theres something you must see again.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

1_lover_of_the_fluff on December 16, 2006, 7:31:29 AM

1_lover_of_the_fluff on
1_lover_of_the_fluffawwwwwwww

Rei_Anul_Sama on December 16, 2006, 3:01:27 AM

Rei_Anul_Sama on
Rei_Anul_Sama...*cries* mommy...ur so mean... *sigh*

well, great chapter^_^ except for the 'chatter box' thing. I'm not a chatter box...never really was...except when I was six...then I learned ppl listen better when I'm not talking. anyways^_^

-From the Vampire

Ps: I didn't become ruller of hell until last year...

dark_inu_lover on December 13, 2006, 3:00:14 PM

dark_inu_lover on
dark_inu_loveromg yaay! =O i thought that would happan i mean: a well in the inuyasha world, no shoot that that would happan XD

Aura_Rei on December 14, 2006, 10:42:52 AM

Aura_Rei on
Aura_ReiWell, more specifically:  a well that left no trace of the baby.  I kinda meant it to be a different well than the one that belongs to Kagome, but that would be stretching it a bit...I try to make it so that this may have actually happened.  (it all happens either during Sess's childhood, or while IY was put under the spell.  Then it continues a few years after IY woke up)
 
And of course I'm gonna keep going.  I've had this story in my head for years, and I'm not stopping til the whole thing comes out and is fully established.  (I'm not Rei_Anul_Sama, who gets bored with her stories and ends it with a boom and a destroyed Earth/universe.)

Chibi-chan on December 14, 2006, 8:52:25 AM

Chibi-chan on
Chibi-chanawwwww!, that daddy on the last part was sooo cuteeeee! ^^