Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - The Other One

Rei Anul Sama wrote a story a lot like this, but it was *my* original idea. She wrote the story (Demons of Old) her own way, and I didn't approve cause she made Sesshoumaru a total wuss (and she screwed the whole ending up). This is *my* version of it.

Chapter 10 - The Other One

Chapter 10 - The Other One
Get away from me! Im warning you! Mothers gonna fry all of you into iron residue if you dont stop! Ayura Laura cried.

Yo mama couldnt do a thing to us! She gets her income from our parents, and I dont think shed be making very much money after even touching us, now would she? the ring leader of the Tri-Bully team, Keiron, scoffed back.

W-well, Father doesnt work for your parents. And if he finds you there will be nothing left!
In a mocking voice, Oh no! Father Dearest is going to show up one day and kill us all! The group laughed at her.

Come on, Laura, everyone knows you dont have a father. He ditched your mom before you were even born, one of the side kick bullies reminded her.

The other one chipped in. He probably doesnt even know you exist. They all laughed again.

Laura got angry. She gave them a death glare and said in a menacing voice, One day youll see. You will be cursed by an invisible hand that will haunt you everywhere you go, and that invisible, unmerciful hand will be manipulated by ME. With that, she simply turned away to walk back home.
Luara entered the house (similar style to Kaedes hut). Mother its not fair! When is my staff going to be ready? I want to look like I can actually hurt something!

Aura was busy working on a new piece of armor. Dear, its not like youre human. Youve inherited more powers than anyones ever seen.

Being able to hear really well and cure plants arent very menacing, nor are they more powers than anyones ever seen.

Just because those are the only two powers youve seen doesnt mean those are the only two powers you have. Why do you need to look menacing now anyway? Youre only 12!

Thats old enough to have enemies, Mother.

How many times have I told you to find a friend? Besides, what about your wolf companions? They can be ferocious when together. Aura was still working on molding the armor.

Theyre a bunch of cowards. They dont even have the guts to come out of the forest. Laura bent her head down in sorrow. Im going outside to tend the garden, and she did.

Outside, Laura walked through her small garden of exotic demonic plants, some poisonous, some fruitful, some just there to be pretty. All she had to do was look at them and concentrate, and they became healthy again. It was a useful skill when creating demonic weapons. Most weapons required an elixir or a seed from the plants in her garden. After tending to her plants, she went passed her fence and closed the gate to cross the meadow into the forest. She had made friends with a small pack of telepathic wolves there.

Their names she couldnt pronounce, so she gave them all new names, after characters of her favorite fairy tales. There were 6 of them, all orphaned at a young age. Laura came to believe they kind of depended on her. There were 2 girls and 4 boys. The old had the darkest coat and his name was Kuro. The second oldest had a lighter brown coat, her name being Mori. The twins were in the middle, one speckled and the other a rich brown. They were called Takeno and Kyoshi. The second youngest was a girl too, with a curiosity like a cats. Laura called her Aneko. The last and youngest boy she named Maru. She was very close to the little one.

Maru! Come out to play! she called. A tiny silver wolf pup came from the bushes. He had tiny features and a shiny silvery coat. His bushy tail wagged as she sat down to pet him.

Laura! he said, using telepathy to speak Common. The rest of the wolves filed out of the bushes too, youngest to oldest. Takeno and Kyoshi began to play tag, running around Laura in circles. Mori and Kuro sat together in front of Laura, content that their younger siblings were happy.

Its good to see you, Ayura. You look well, Mori greeted her.

Your visit is early today though. Something wrong? Kuro asked, tilting his head and lifting his ears.

Nothing new. Keirons the same jerk hes always been. Im glad I have you guys though. At least someone doesnt mind being my friend. Mothers too busy to understand.

Aneko came around. What kind of friend are you looking for? Were pretty good at hunting. Want us to go roughen this guy up for ya? she wagged her tail in excitement.

Deer,* you know we cant leave the safety of the forest, Mori warned.

Thats just cause youre scared! Im not scared! Lets take em! ^^

Ha ha, yeah, dont I wish you were just a bit older, Aneko, Laura joked.

Im bored. Lets play! Maru suggested, impatiently.

You want fun? Ill give you fun, said the voice of a boy above the group, hanging from the trees. Laura looked up, but she didnt see anyone. She blinked and looked at the wolves. They were all making funny faces at her. She couldnt help but laugh. The wolves woke up and realized what they were doing and corrected themselves.

What happened? asked Kyoshi.

I have no idea! One moment I hear a voice, the next you all look so silly! *lol* Laura laughed. Suddenly, the leaves from the bush behind Kuro and Mori began to line themselves up in the air to form a word: waterfall. That looks so cool! I think someones trying to tell us to look at the waterfall! The leaves change form and re-align themselves to make a happy face.

To the waterfall! cried Aneko. Laura and the smaller ones were very excited. Kuro and Mori were quite amused, so they followed the clue to the waterfall. Look! The persons writing something in the falling water!

Letters began to form in the waterfall as if someone was writing them. The words Behind You fell with the water in to the small pond.

Behind...You...behind us? What... Laura suddenly felt a huge push and she fell into the water. Ah! One after another the four little ones fell in too (*oof!* *ack* *Uh!* *yikes!*). Laura looked back to see the culprit. There was a dark boy with shiny blue hair and a plain kimono with a huge grin on his face. He seemed only a year older than Laura.

Heya! Havin fun yet? ^^

*Deer: This is not a typo. You know how people call each other honey? Because its sweet. Well, what do you think is sweet to wolves? ^_~

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Chibi-chan on February 24, 2007, 9:49:54 PM

Chibi-chan on
Chibi-chanaw...two short.....making short chapies should be ilegal...

dark_inu_lover on February 1, 2007, 9:21:41 PM

dark_inu_lover on
dark_inu_lovergood 1, can't w8 for the next chappie ^_____^

Aura_Rei on January 31, 2007, 11:15:49 AM

Aura_Rei on
Aura_ReiVery short, this one.  Already working on next chapter (which will switch back to Rei and Sess)

Rei_Anul_Sama on February 1, 2007, 7:37:49 AM

Rei_Anul_Sama on
Rei_Anul_Samavery short indead...i expected a little more...and whats with the boy w/ blue hair?? u never told me about this...*cries* I feel unloved...

-From the Vampire turned Mind Flayer Cleric of Anubis