Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Shen Ki's World

Rei Anul Sama wrote a story a lot like this, but it was *my* original idea. She wrote the story (Demons of Old) her own way, and I didn't approve cause she made Sesshoumaru a total wuss (and she screwed the whole ending up). This is *my* version of it.

Chapter 12 - Shen Ki's World

Chapter 12 - Shen Ki's World
Who are you? Laura asked the blue haired boy.

Names Shen Ki, Shen Ki the time saver, he answered, a wide grin across his face.

Time saver? What do you mean? Mori tilted her head to one side and lifted her ears.

I move really fast. So as far as Im concerned, I save time.

How do you do it? Takeno and Kyoshi jumped excitedly around Shen Ki.

Well that would be telling, now wouldnt it? he winked at Laura.

Yes it would. So tell! Laura laughed.

Nah..its a family secret. Besides, he leapt up to a tree branch hanging above the water, you wouldnt be able to even conceive how it works. Another smile crossed his face. He lay down on the branch, focused on Laura. Laura noticed some sort of charm around Shen Kis neck. It was round, with a little button popping out of the top. Its face had tick marks around the circumference, and two tiny needles that spun around a center pin, and they pointed at the tick marks. It was made of a shiny metal, and Laura had never seen anything like it.

Does it involve luring innocent wolf pups to a deserted location and contaminating their minds with your humanoid ways? Kuro got defensive, and growled at Shen Ki.

Im humanoid? So whats Laura? Shes the weirdest looking wolf pup Ive ever seen! *lol*

We can sense great potential in Ayura. We know what she can be, to say in the least, explained Mori.

Laura looked to Shen Ki. They keep saying that, but nothing has happened yet, she whispered.

I dont need a sacrifice or anything, but accompaniment would sure be nice. He looked intently at Laura.

Kuro got defensive again and growled. Youre not taking any of the pups!

Youre right, Im not. The wolves blinked and Laura and Shen Ki were gone. There wasnt even a scent left to follow.

Howd he do that?! Aneko asked, surprised.

I dont care how he did it! We have to find Ayura! I knew that boy was trouble! Mori! Go warn Lady Aura Rei! She must know! Kuros nose went frantic along with the other wolves. Mori ran as fast as she could to get to Aura.

How could he have disappeared so quickly?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ayura Laura opened her eyes to look at her new surroundings. In a matter of a nano-second, she had gone from wading in a pond, the wolves on her defensive, and Shen Ki hovering above her on a branch to somewhere deep in the forest, completely alone. It was starting to get dark, and Laura had never been by herself at night before. It scared her.

Kuro? Maru? Mori? ..Mother?

Shen Ki came up behind her and grabbed her shoulders. Boo! Laura screamed Shen Ki laughed.

Why did you take me here? Where are the wolves? Where is here?!

Calm down, Laura. I know the way back. And I promise to walk you home. Were just going to take the scenic route.

I want to go home now! Its getting dark and the wolves, and my mother, are going to come looking for me!

I promise. Youll be home in a matter of a second. He kept his hand on her shoulder, and clicked a button on the time piece he kept around his neck. Laura had noticed it before, and was now positive she knew what it was for. She felt as though a bubble blew up out of the charm and consumed everything around it, and the world was still.

Laura gasped. You dont move faster, you stop time!!

Hey, whaddya know? You are smart! Cmon! Lemme show ya around! I bet youve never looked at the world in this perspective before! Shen Ki grabbed Lauras wrist and pulled her over to a pile of leaves. He slowly picked up a leaf and let go of it in mid-air. Laura expected it to flutter down to the ground, but it just floated there. Then she realized that if the leaf did fall down, it would be defying the laws of time. Since time was stopped, the leaf did not have time to fall, so it didnt. She tried to pick up a leaf, but it shattered as soon as she touched it.

Youre moving too fast. You have to pick up the leaf very slowly, and with as little power as possible, otherwise, that happens, he advised. Laura tried it again, this time more slowly, and she tried to be as gentle as she could, but still the leaf shattered.

What did I do wrong that time? she wondered.

Your heart beat. The pulse sent a wave of vibrations through your fingers, and the vibrations were too strong and fast for the leaf to handle.

How do I stop my heart beat?!

You die.

..Huh?

You dont want to die.

No, I dont.

Well good. You dying would be bad. To not break the leaf, you just need to calm down. He showed her by demonstrating, taking leaf after leaf and lining them up to make a heart. Laura still thought it was remarkable. No pop them for added affect. Youve shown youre already good at that.

Laura poked each leaf in the center, and each of them shattered like tiny explosions. Cmon! Wait til you see what you can do with water! Shen Ki grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the lake that separated their forest from the wolves forest. He made her wait on the bank while he calmly walked on the water.

How do you do that?!

I dont have time to sink completely, as long as I keep moving.

So I can do this? Laura jumped on to the water. Her feet submerged about an inch under the water, and behind her there was a big wave of bead-like droplets.

Cool! Ive never done that before! Hey, wait, stay there! I wanna make something! Shen Ki walked over to Laura and carefully picked up on eof the droplets. Dont move, he said. He placed the droplet right below her neck. Then he lined up other droplets to make her a necklace.

Its just like crystal!

Too bad that with a click of a button itll be nothing but wet clothes.

Wha..Oh. Haha. Right. Hey are we sinking?

I told you we have to keep moving. Water isnt really a solid.

Wanna race back to my house then?

Ill beat you.

Not if we both use the time stopper.

Its called a clock.

Thats a funny name.

Still sinking.

Onetwothreego! Laura ran across the lake, making even bigger waves of droplets behind her.

Fine. Ill still beat her though. He rushed after her.

Laura ran as fast as she could. Once she was on the other side of the lake, she knew where she was going. All of a sudden a huge gust of wind came from behind her. It picked her up and flew her straight at her house. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Shen Ki stopped as he got to the house a looked back.

Whoa! Laura crashed landed into him. She rolled off. See? I told you Id still beat you.

Ugh..what happened?

I kicked you out of my timezone, he said with a grin.

Cheater.

Youre the one who got the head start!

Whatever. I have to go inside. See you tomorrow? I have a feeling I could put your power into very good use.

Sure. Laura went inside and started going upstairs. Night Mom!

Night dear, Aura calmly replied. Laura headed to her room. A few minutes later Mori got to the house.

Lady Aura Rei! Ayura has been kidnapped!

What? Mori, come in, and calm down. Mori came in.

Ayura was taken by a strange blue haired humanoid boy. He snatched her so fast they were miles away in a blink! The other wolves went out to look for her! I..

Mori, Laura just got home a few minutes ago. Shes fine. I suggest you go back to the others and tell them to settle down. Ill have a talk with her in the morning.

Mori sniffed the air. She was right: Laura was there. She couldnt detect anything different about the scent, so she relaxed slightly, though greatly confused. I suppose youre right. Ill tell my brethren to stop, though well be on our guard if we see the blue haired one again. Then she left.

Meanwhile, Laura sat at her window, looking up at the stars. She couldnt stop thinking about Shen Kis power. All the time in the world piled into the tiny golden thing.

Its a clock, or a watch, if you prefer. Shen Ki hung upside down from the roof and startled Laura. See you tomorrow, he said with his enormous smile. Then he dropped down and zipped off.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Aura_Rei on April 26, 2007, 12:01:56 PM

Aura_Rei on
Aura_ReiThis one just seemed to drag.  It took me forever to write this.  I really can't wait to get to chapter 17.  That's kinda where the story really takes a turn.